2005 - 2008 Sheffield University Sheffield
Brand & Content Marketing Executive at CIPFA
|Recommendations||4 people have recommended Tom|
Join LinkedIn & access Tom's full profile
Skilled communications consultant who specialises in producing outstanding online and offline literature for clients.
Experienced in delivering creative solutions to market and advertise products on behalf of industry leading clients. This also includes strict time management and extensive project delivery skills.
Have a keen interest in online marketing, in particular SEO and social media. Have previously focused on website content and launching financial service focused sites on behalf of clients.
Proven record of delivering high quality projects to clients, including websites, brochures, leaflets, guides, newsletters and any type of written collateral. Have also previously been heavily involved with full company rebrands and supporting tone of voice documents.
Key Skills: Comms Consultancy, Project
Management, e-marketing campaigns, production of copy, SEO, PPC, Online Marketing, Website editing, Content editing, Proof reading
Working as part of the Marketing team to promote CIPFA's brand positioning across all media platforms. Producing engaging and inspiring content whilst measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns on an ongoing basis. Other responsibilities include:
- Identify target markets, segmentation, campaign planning & analysis
- Provide market insight/analysis and monitor competitor activity
- Plan and execute marketing communication campaigns
- Analyse the successes of marketing campaigns and present the findings
- Deliver compelling and effective brand & content activities online and offline
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated across all platforms
- Develop key messages across the Group whilst adhering to tone of voice
Developing the online strategy of Horgans, a major furniture and homeware supplier in Sydney. Also assist with customer service and client relationship building where necessary.
- Launch a brand new Sales Catalogue for use on iPads, to assist Sales Reps and increase revenue
- Introduced online marketing concepts and carried out extensive analysis of their websites in order to help the company understand their customer base
- Oversaw the development of B2B and B2C websites to implement a more advanced SEO and online marketing strategy
- Assisted with the pricing of products and reporting of sales
- Design, creation and delivery of strategic sales and brand awareness emails
- Extensive management of customer databases
- Daily use of Attache account software to handle client enquiries, enter new products and amend pricing structures
- Website development using various types of website CMS software
Delivery of creative pension communication projects for new and existing corporate clients. Also specialise in providing advice to clients on pension communications strategy and creative solutions and to establish new communication projects.
- Established accurate briefs in preparation for communications projects
- Responsibility of delivering the project for the client
- Work includes newsletters, benefit statements and all pension related communications
- Ongoing management of communications pipeline and project recording
- Provide advice to clients on communications strategy
- Daily interaction with clients to problem solve and find creative solutions
- Work with leading brands, including VW, M&S and BAT
- Developed and launched new 'off the shelf' website product, 'Britesite'
- Experience developing communication channels with high level management, such as Trustee Boards
Responsible for the content and management of a number of websites across the solid fuel industry.
Daily employment of online marketing techniques, such as SEO and PPC, as well as detailed use of analytical tools.
Implementation of a new social media strategy for the different brands, and ongoing engagement with customers.
Use of different tones of voice across the different sales channels.
Worked in both the retail and commercial arms of the company.
Extensive proofreading and editing of copy. Produced vast amounts of offline collateral, from letters to quarterly newsletters
Headed several successful online campaigns, with measurable results.
Created a range of different online copy, from first person blogs to information pages on sensitive topics.
Experience with mobile marketing campaigns.
Direct sales communications with customers.
Produced extensive copy on a daily basis
Launch and ongoing management of a consumer website
Experience of writing both B2B and B2C communications
Vast knowledge of online marketing channels, such as SEO and PPC
Extensive use of Google Analytics and Adwords tools
Helped create and monitor extensive email campaigns
Published documents in trade magazines and newspapers
Editing large amounts of press releases and articles, employing a close attention to detail and an ability to form publishable documents
Production of a wide range of documents, from corporate brochures to internal leaflets
Helped undertake full consumer rebrand of the company
Voted Move with Us Newcomer of the Year - 2010
Responsibilities include control over stock levels and handling all courier arrangements for the despatches department
Working within an office environment
Meeting with potential clients and sales reps from various companies
Responsible for an employee working directly for myself, increasing my delegation and motivational skills
Included a 10,000 word dissertation
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Senior Consultant, Switch Recruitment Services Ltd
Football Academy Director at Select Football Academy
Queensgate Investments LLP
Marketing at Thomas Cook
Present: Currently looking for new job opportunities. Last position: Ministry of Education, University and Research.
Executive Director at FutureEverything
Manchester, United Kingdom
Social Media & Community Manager
London, United Kingdom
Corporate Associate at Wollmuth Maher & Deutsch LLP
Greater New York City Area
Sales Director at Foreign Currency Direct plc
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Owner at Travel By Tom Higham
Portland, Oregon Area