Marketing consultant and advisor for tech and mobile start ups | Family Travel Blogger at We3Travel.com
- Providence, Rhode Island Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Tamara Gruber's Overview
- Principal at Red Giant Consulting
- Interim VP of Marketing at Crisp Media
- VP of Marketing at Scan Mobile Ltd.
- Director of Marketing at Broadbeam Corporation
- Marketing Manager at Kyocera Electronics
- Product Marketing Manager at Micro Central, Inc.
Tamara Gruber's Summary
Over 20 years experience in B2B and B2C marketing of high tech products and services. Experience in mobile advertising, mobile web, mobile Internet, mobile commerce, mobile enterprise, mobile application development, location-based applications, web apps, and enterprise software.
Strategic thinker with hands on experience building the marketing function from the ground up. Marketing consultant providing strategic marketing and marketing communications services to startups and early stage companies.
Specialties: Strategic planning, messaging, positioning, interim/outsourced marketing management, social media strategy, content marketing, website relaunch, collateral, lead development programs, event management, and freelance writing.
Tamara Gruber's Experience
Red Giant Consulting
January 2003 – Present (11 years 10 months) Providence, Rhode Island Area
Services offered include interim VP/CMO, strategic planning, positioning and messaging, content development, social media strategy, event management, and overall marketing communications. Sample client list:
- Madison Alley Global Ventures -- strategic M&A and capital advisory firm
- Tizra -- digital publishing platform provider
- Empow Studios -- technology education provider
- Crisp Media -- mobile rich media advertising vendor
- MoFuse -- mobile web content management platform provider
- Tungle.me -- web-based scheduling application
- Apacheta Corporation -- mobile enterprise software company
- Sense Networks -- location-based mobile advertising company
- ModoLabs -- mobile development platform
- YapTime -- private social networking service
- Exclaim Mobility -- photo sharing & mobile app provider
- Kayak Interactive -- mobile game developer & publisher
- Portable Internet -- GPS-based mobile workforce management software provider
- InScope Corporation -- human resources software provider
Interim VP of Marketing
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
January 2008 – December 2011 (4 years) New York, NY
Outsourced VP of Marketing responsible for positioning, messaging, marketing strategy & communications.
- Repositioned company and established as leader in mobile rich media advertising
- Managed marketing communications including public relations, social media, video production and e-newsletters
- Wrote company and product collateral, case studies, byline articles, and blog posts to support sales to premium publishers and brand advertisers
- Managed event strategy and participation, focusing on securing speaking opportunities for key spokespeople
VP of Marketing
Scan Mobile Ltd.
November 2001 – January 2003 (1 year 3 months)
A privately-held company providing a mobile platform and shopping, ticketing and entertainment applications to mobile network operators and consumer-facing companies in entertainment, finance, and retail.
Responsible for the marketing function worldwide, including developing and executing the strategic marketing plan. Managed day-to-day operations of New York satellite office, liaising with headquarters in London.
Developed the company positioning and marketing strategy
Coordinated launch of Scan Mobile applications with mobile network operators, including Orange and Sprint PCS
Forged channel partnerships to penetrate new markets
Led consumer launch of games over Yahoo! Messenger including product definition, development, usability testing, and marketing introduction
Developed guerilla marketing campaign to soft-launch services over SMS at CTIA Wireless conference
Director of Marketing
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Software industry
June 1997 – October 2001 (4 years 5 months)
Developed and administered the marketing strategy and company positioning, created and implemented annual marketing plan with $2.95M budget. Included management of four direct reports and a PR agency, telemarketing firm, advertising agency, and web design firm.
* Managed the process of writing a book to establish the company as a thought leader, and spearheaded creation from inception through publication and launch. Wireless Data for the Enterprise: Making Sense of Wireless Business was published in October 2001 by McGraw Hill.
Raised lead generation efforts from zero in 1997 to an average of 120 per month in 2001 through direct marketing (generating up to 16% response rates), advertising, public relations, web marketing, and event marketing, with sales revenues on track to triple in the same time frame.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; KYO; Telecommunications industry
September 1995 – June 1997 (1 year 10 months)
A $50M subsidiary of the $5.7B Kyocera Corporation focusing on the sales and marketing of Kyocera laser printers in North America.
Developed and administered the strategic marketing plan and supervised all marketing activities. Defined, created, implemented, and managed the S.T.A.R. (Solution Targeted Application Reseller) Program, resulting in increased printer sales revenues. Collaborated with the business development department on the design and implementation of lead generation campaigns, increasing the level of quality leads by 25% year-over-year for FY1997.
Product Marketing Manager
Micro Central, Inc.
July 1993 – August 1995 (2 years 2 months)
Provided overall leadership, direction, and focus to a four-member team with full responsibility for the profitability and strategic growth of more than 20 product lines in multiple categories. Managed product vendor relationships to develop product launch, pricing, and training programs. Worked closely with purchasing managers to manage inventory. Achieved a 60% increase in product line sales within six months.
Tamara Gruber's Organizations
- January 2012 to Present
Tamara Gruber's Skills & Expertise
- Mobile Advertising
- Social Media Marketing
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Commerce
- Strategic Planning
- Inbound Marketing
- Event Management
- Freelance Writing
- Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Devices
- Social Media
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Strategy
- Mobile Internet
- Public Relations
- Product Development
- Lead Generation
- Direct Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Product Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- Multi-channel Marketing
- Creative Direction
- Mobile Applications
- Business Development
- Marketing Research
- Social Networking
Tamara Gruber's Education
Tamara Gruber's Additional Information
Contact Tamara for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch