Sylvia A. Martinez
- Greater New York City Area
- Online Media
Sylvia A. Martinez's Overview
- Freelancer Writer & Editor at SMartinez Media
- Vice President & Digital Content Director at Mamiverse.com
- Conference Specialist at Stern + Associates
- Director of Communications at Texas High School Project/Communities Foundation of Texas
Sylvia A. Martinez's Experience
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
May 2010 – July 2010 (3 months)
Identified, managed and secured conference speaking opportunites for high-level CEOs and other speakers for public relations agency. Temporary post while employee out on family leave.
Director of Communications
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
September 2006 – November 2009 (3 years 3 months)
* Responsible for all internal & external communications, including marketing, branding and public relations.
* Serve as spokesperson for organization.
* Press releases and press events.
Head Writer/Associate Producer
AIM Television Group-Maximas Productions
January 2004 – July 2006 (2 years 7 months)
* Head writer for three award-winning, nationally syndicated television shows, American Latino TV, LatiNation and Urban Latino TV.
* Produced features for half-hour entertainment magazine-style, Latino-themed, English-language shows.
Editor in Chief
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Publishing industry
June 1999 – December 2003 (4 years 7 months)
* Creating vision for monthly Latina women's magazine.
* Managing editorial staff of about 25 full-time staff.
Education Editor, Night Assistant City Editor, City Hall Reporter
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; AHC; Newspapers industry
1992 – 1999 (7 years)
Sylvia A. Martinez's Skills & Expertise
- Public Relations
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Strategic Communications
- Marketing Communications
Sylvia A. Martinez's Education
Sylvia A. Martinez's Additional Information
Writing, photography, travel, green living, corporate social responsibility, environmentalism, philantrophy, organic cooking, impressionist and abstract art, home decor,
- Groups and Associations:
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, Board Member Dallas iMedia Network, Board Member Dallas/Fort Worth Hispanic 100, Member National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Vice President/Print (1998-1999); Financial Officer (1997-1998); Secretary (1994-1997); Member (1988-present); Repertorio Español, Junior Board Member (2004-2006) Latino Commission on AIDS Cielo Latino Fundraising Gala, Benefit Committee Chair (2003-2006) Working Mother Media Women of Color Conference, Advisory Committee Member (2003-present) Las Comadres Para Las Americas, New York City Chapter Coordinator (2005-2006); Member (2003-present)
- Honors and Awards:
Commencement Speaker, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (2003)
50 Most Influential Hispanic Media Professionals (2003)
Hispanic Media 100 Awards (2002)
National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Best Print Series for 9-11 story (2002)
Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Media Award (2000)
Borough of Manhattan Community College Corporate Partnership Award (2000)
Contact Sylvia A. for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch