Area Director, Houston at Best Buddies Texas
- Houston, Texas Area
- Events Services
Arden Stone's Overview
- Area Director, Houston at Best Buddies Texas
- Owner/CEO at SMS Consultants
- Director of Development at Interfaith Caring Ministries
- County and State Delegate at Galveston County Democratic Party
- Teacher and Fund-Raising at St. Christopher's Episcopal Church
- Project Director at Lone Star Strategies
- Precinct Chair at Galveston County Democratic Party
- Public Relations Director at Brazoria County Mortuary Service, Inc.
- Field Organizer at ACORN
- Campaign Manager at Hill Kemp Congressional Campaign for U.S. District 22
- Director of Development at The SEAGULLS, Inc.
Arden Stone's Summary
I have spent my professional career working with Non-Profit Organizations, Businesses, Politicians and Individuals in many different areas related to Events, Marketing and Fund Development.
I am a seasoned professional with a strong track record in creating efficient development programs for nonprofit organizations. My focus centers on strong relationships within the community, media, independent donors and corporations. I have worked in all facets of a nonprofit and it has given me the skills to evaluate programs and effectively increase revenue, decrease expenses and brand programs within the community.
I work hard and have the experience to get things done efficiently. I take pride in my ability to manage multiple priorities with strong planning and problem solving skills. I relate effectively with diverse groups and individuals and I take the time to create a strong relationship between the community, businesses and the organization I represent.
As my career moves forward, it is my hope that I will discover an organization that can utilize and enhance my skills. An organization that is not afraid to move into the future and discover new ways of raising funds, developing community partnerships and enhancing programs that benefit the community.
Arden Stone's Experience
Area Director, Houston
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
September 2013 – Present (1 year 1 month)
Events Services industry
July 2009 – June 2013 (4 years)
Established in 2009, SMS Consultants is located in the Houston/Galveston area and proud to serve Non-Profits and Companies across the United States. We offer a personalized, strategic and practical array of services based on years of hands on experience to best meet your unique needs and budgets.
SMS Consultants is a woman owned small business certified by the SBA.
New to our company, in 2012, SMS Consultants expanded to add an NDE Division offering our clients in Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Pipeline a personalized and budget-friendly service in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.
Meetings and Conferences * Corporate Luncheons
Product Launches * Holiday Parties * Management Retreats
Customer Appreciation * Grand Openings * Company Picnics
Golf Tournaments * Retirement Parties * Open Houses
Networking Mixers * Charitable Campaigns
Direct Mail & Solicitation * Grant Programs * Community Awareness
Community Partnerships * Corporate Sponsors * Board Development
Fundraising Events * Marketing
Advanced NDE Division:
Phased Array * Ultrasonic Testing * Visual Testing
Magnetic Particle Testing * Liquid Penetrant Testing
Hydrostatic Pressure Testing
Director of Development
Interfaith Caring Ministries
2007 – 2009 (2 years)
Oversee all aspects of fund development, media relations and community outreach. This includes, but is not limited to:
• grant implementation and management;
• Special event planning and implementation;
• Identifying and cultivating potential major gift donors;
• Fund Development and Marketing Plan editor and implementation;
• Capital campaign involvement;
• DonorPerfect database management;
• Media & Community Relations; Public Speaking;
• Direct Cause Marketing;
• Budget Preparation and Management.
• Increase Board development and training on board responsibilities, involvement in fundraising and community/business outreach.
A few of my accomplishments in this position include:
• Festival of Trees Style Show and Black Tie Gala(2007): $165,000
• Annual Golf Tournament(2008): $62,000
• Festival of Trees Style Show and Black Tie Gala(2008): $127,000
• Neighborhood 1K Walk(2008): $5,700
• Annual Golf Tournament(2009): $54,000
• Foundation & Corporate Grant Program(FY07-08): $882,000
• Foundation & Corporate Grant Program(FY08-April09): $586,000
• Re-structured Fund Development Department to incorporate the Development Associate, Volunteer Coordinator and Office Assistant
• Partnered with Board of Directors and CEO to write Five Year Strategic Plan
• Worked with Board of Directors to re-structure Executive Director Job Description and Responsibilities
• Served on county and city committee’s to review the disaster relief plans in existence after Hurricane Ike.
• Worked with County, State and Federal officials in preparing information in regards to the initial response after Hurricane Ike.
• Central donations center for Galveston County; Working closely with FEMA, the American Red Cross and numerous other agencies to provide those in need the best information and resources for assistance.
Lone Star Strategies
2002 – 2004 (2 years)
Manage the fundraising accounts of political candidates and non-profit organizations.
• Identify and contact prospective donors (individual and corporate).
• Coordinate special events including contact with venues, hosts, create invitations, collecting donations, organize phone banks with staff and volunteers.
• Maintain database of donors and all financials.
• Originate solicitation and thank you letters.
• $2,000/person Black Tie Gala for Every Texan Foundation
• $10,000/person private Reception with President Bill Clinton for the Presidential Library
• Bonnie Raitt Concert and private reception to raise money for Teen Pregnancy Prevention
• Multiple Fundraising/Meet and Greet Events for Congressman Chris Bell, Sylvia Garcia, Congressman Ken Bentson, and Rep. Rodney Ellis
• Know all federal and state guidelines on financial contributions to a political candidate or/and non-profit organizations.
• Know the guidelines of federal financial filings and tax issues.
Public Relations Director
Brazoria County Mortuary Service, Inc.
1999 – 2001 (2 years)
Development of a business plan, start-up publicity, advertising and development. Including design of a business portfolio, print ads, brochure, and product placement. Develop and present proposals on behalf of the company. This was a family owned business operated by myself and my husband. We staffed an Administrative Assistant and contracted with other area morticians when needed.
2000 – 2000 (less than a year)
This position was a short term project. Contact potential volunteers. Identify community needs. Train volunteers to use necessary resources and form community organizations. Lead these organizations to work in the community. Coordinate meetings with local and state officials. Identify and solicit potential donors.
Work with city and state officials and department heads from such areas as City Public Works to address un-safe water conditions; HUD to address living conditions in a HUD sanctioned apartment complex; City Police and Housing departments to initiate the destruction of a crack house across from a school.
Hill Kemp Congressional Campaign for U.S. District 22
1998 – 1998 (less than a year)
Manage all daily aspects of the political campaign. To include fundraising, volunteer recruitment, candidate appearances, editing speeches, management of staff and volunteers and community outreach. Maintain working relationship with local, state and federal government officials. Organize all grassroots efforts for candidate name recognition and Get Out the Vote efforts.
Director of Development
The SEAGULLS, Inc.
1996 – 1998 (2 years)
Manage all fundraising development in local communities for homes with special needs children. Identify and solicit prospective donors. Maintain volunteer and donor database. Work with media in the local community. Maintain all financial records to maintain non-profit status. Work with and develop the Board of Directors to be beneficial to the organization in fundraising and community outreach.
Work closely with state agencies to address the needs of these special needs homes. Provide them with access to all the resources available and understand any upcoming laws or guidelines that would affect their homes.
Arden Stone's Skills & Expertise
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Event Management
- Public Relations
- Event Planning
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Volunteer Management
- Proposal Writing
- Media Relations
- Community Development
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
- Project Planning
- Small Business
- Social Networking
- Business Planning
- Marketing Communications
- Board Development
- Social Media Marketing
Arden Stone's Education
Arden Stone's Additional Information
Politics, Community Awareness and Involvement, Gardening, Water Sports, Football, Traveling
- Groups and Associations:
Board Member for Resource and Crisis Center of Galveston County, Delegate to the County Party Political Convention, Delegate to the State Party Political Convention, St. Christopher Community BBQ and Auction Chairman, Men Who Cook Committee, League City Wildcats Board of Directors, Leadership League City 2008, INSIDE CCISD 2008-09, American Heart Association, Go Red for Women, Clear Lake Chamber Diplomats, Clear Lake Crawfish Festival Committee, Association of Fundraising Professionals, American Association of Grant Professionals, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Asst. Captain, St. Christopher's Episcopal Church Member, Clear Springs PTA, Bauerschlag Elementary PTA
Contact Arden for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch