Head of Digital Strategy
- Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom (Tonbridge, United Kingdom)
- Online Media
Steven Grech's Overview
- Head of Digital Strategy at Lightmaker
- Digital Strategist at Lightmaker
- Functional Consultant at Oracle Corporation UK
- Project Manager at Lightmaker
- Deckhand and sail trimmer (racing) at Super yacht
- Various - Travel Sales, Motor Claims, Accounts at CGU
- Lancaster University
- L-Università ta' Malta
- St. Edwards College
11 people have recommended Steven
Steven Grech's Summary
Steven is Head of Digital Strategy at Lightmaker leading and managing Lightmaker’s digital strategy team, delivering online business planning, user experience consulting, Web analytics consulting, Social Media strategy, Multilingual SEO and conversion optimisation (A/B and MVT) services.
Started Lightmaker’s digital strategy department from the ground up,building new capabilities in the agency. Steven created new digital strategy services and processes, integrating them into the various business units - sales & accounts, project management, and production.
Steven works with Lightmaker’s key accounts as well as small businesses and start ups. Some of these clients include Nokia, Credit Suisse, D-Link, Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, Manchester United, IMG Media, Universal Music, NHS, COI, Chelsea FC and Phaidon Press.
Having also spent time working for Oracle UK as a functional consultant, implementing Oracle Financials products at Royal Bank of Scotland, PepsiCo and First Data, Steven brings a wide range of skills to the table – from back-end Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems knowledge to online business planning, usability, online marketing and project management.
CURRENT DIGITAL STRATEGY CLIENTS (2013):
- Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
- European Handball Federation (EHF)
Online business planning and strategy (start-ups to corporate)
Analytics data interpretation and strategy
Usability and user experience
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Social media strategy
Business model development
Digital project management
Management and development of people
Steven Grech's Experience
Head of Digital Strategy
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
February 2009 – Present (4 years 5 months) Royal Tunbridge Wells
Transformed Lightmaker UK into a full service digital agency by founding a digital strategy team into the business from the ground up.
Digital Strategy services started include:
– Strategy & Planning (business analysis, market research, user research, requirements gathering, digital road map development)
– User experience (UX) (content planning, heuristic analysis, user testing, Information Architecture, prototyping, A/B and multivariate testing)
– Analytics consulting (strategy, implementation, & reporting – Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst)
– Social Media strategy & development
– Search Engine Optimisation (including multilingual SEO) internally and through strategic partnerships
Senior management fully accountable for the performance of my team, reporting to the Managing Director and board of directors. Part of Lightmaker’s global management team.
Digital Strategy Consultant to Heads of Online / Digital for Lightmaker’s global and start-up clients including Nokia, Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, D-Link, Fulham FC, NHSBT, Credit Suisse, Phaidon, Manchester United, Universal Music, Gopak Ltd, and The R&A.
Lead digital strategy pitches and engagements. Strategy services account for ~25% of Lightmaker UK turnover.
Developed and changed Lightmaker’s process model which is used by multi national companies and start ups alike.
Recruited, managed, coached and mentored four direct reports (user experience architects & digital analysts), contractors and several virtual teams.
In charge of managing search marketing partners, conversion optimisation partners and contractors.
October 2007 – February 2009 (1 year 5 months) Royal Tunbridge Wells
August 2006 – October 2007 (1 year 3 months) Thames Valley Park, Reading
February 2006 – July 2006 (6 months) Royal Tunbridge Wells
Steven Grech's Publications
Steven Grech's Languages
Steven Grech's Skills & Expertise
Steven Grech's Education
2004 – 2005
L-Università ta' Malta
1998 – 2002
St. Edwards College
1984 – 1997