Senior Visual Effects Artist
Senior Effects Artist at Blizzard Entertainment
|Recommendations||16 people have recommended Steven M|
Join LinkedIn & access Steven M's full profile
Senior Visual Effects Artist
Zenimax Online Titles:
08/11 - 6/14
-Elder Scrolls Online : Senior FX Artist - All kinds of crazy stuff
04/10 - 08/11
-Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat - Wii, PS3, 360 : Lead FX Artist
-Warlords - PSN, 360 Arcade : Lead FX Artist
-Kung Fu Panda 2 - Wii, PS3, 360 : Lead FX Artist
-PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR:DR.BLOWHOLE RETURNS AGAIN!-Wii,PS3,360: Lead FX Artist
-Unannounced - PSN, 360 Arcade : Additional FX Art (Canceled)
-Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet - Wii, PS3, 360 : Additional FX Art.
· Work with the senior art management to help set the direction for the art department within the company.
· Develop assets that will set artistic benchmarks on a project to project basis.
· Work with graphics programmers to identify technology needs
· Coordinate the FX artists and outsourcing to cover all projects in the studio, up to 12 projects.
05/04 - 08/11
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Xbox 360, PS3 : Senior FX Artist : in game and cutscene
-Spiderman 3 - Nintendo Wii, PS2, and PSP : Senior Animator : cutscene
-17 Handheld Titles - lead animator, animator, FX, modeling, rigging, texturing.
· Help set goals for the art department as part of the senior art team.
· Co-head of the cross discipline group that is responsible for improving communication between disciplines.
Work with graphics programmers to identify technology needs.
· Visual Effects
· Character Animation
· Modeling, Kit-Bash, Rigging, Animation, and Texturing for VFX
· Node based shader creation
· Fluid Simulation
· Destruction / Physics
-Maya / Maya Fluids
-3D Max / Character Studio / RayFire Object destruction and simulation
Responsible for the visual quality of all effects for the studio. (up to 12 projects)
Created and managed the FX pool, responsible for creating assets across all projects.
Worked with Art management to set the studio wide direction for the art staff.
Co-developed a production practice for the studio for scheduling and tasking out entire teams.
Art direction for both internal (FX pool) and external (Outsourcing) FX development.
Evaluated new FX tools as well as provided feedback on FX tools improvement and graphics tech.
Created assets for a video game. Including, models, textures, and animations.
Cleaned up motion capture data. Created animations to replace motion capture data that was unusable. Project was for an online nike soccer game.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Former AAA FX Artist working on indie titles.
FX Artist at Obsidian Entertainment
FX artist at Bungie & indie developer at An0maly Studios
Senior Technical FX Artist at Neversoft Entertainment
Lead FX Artist
3D Environment Artist at Blizzard Entertainment
Senior VFX Artist at Avalanche Studios
VFX Artist at WB Games San Francisco
Senior FX Artist at Insomniac Games
VFX Artist at 343 Industries (Insight Global)