Operations, Management & Business Implementation Executive
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Consumer Services
Steve Grossmann's Overview
- Service Implementation & Operations Advisor at Bluestein & Associates, LLC
- President, CEO & Executive Operations/Management Lead at Seacliff Consulting LLC
- COO & Senior Vice President Operations and IT at Visage Mobile
- Vice President Network Planning and Operations at AT&T
- Vice President Operations and Network Planning at NorthPoint Communications
- Senior Director, Business Development and Local Service Planning at Centex Telemanagement/Worldcom
- Senior Director, Technical Support Systems & Operations - Network Systems Development at US Sprint Communications
Steve Grossmann's Summary
Entrepreneurial executive with consistent successes in starting, building, growing and improving the operations, processes, performance, profitability and value of companies and organizations. Experienced operations manager, planner and project leader, extremely effective tactical leader on projects and initiatives, and specialist at identifying and capturing business opportunities and human talent to execute plans, products and services. Enthusiastic and engaged professional able to effectively perform under pressure and always deliver promised objectives.
* Operations Planning, Implementation & Management
* Workflow Solutions
* Process, Productivity & Efficiency Improvements
* Market Expansion Business Planning Execution
* High Performance Organizations Building
* Vendor Management
* Technical Development and Quality Delivery
* IT and Infrastructure Programs
Steve Grossmann's Experience
Service Implementation & Operations Advisor
Bluestein & Associates, LLC
January 2012 – Present (2 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Work with telecoms, particularly mobile, companies on implementation and operations strategy and processes, day to day operations procedures, staffing support and growth strategy development.
President, CEO & Executive Operations/Management Lead
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Financial Services industry
September 2009 – July 2012 (2 years 11 months) San Francisco, CA
Management consulting and investment firm that offered support services to emerging growth and established public/private companies as well as managed companies within its own portfolio of investments. As the Executive Operations and Management Lead, I had many roles, specifically at one of the owned investments Wireless Technology Solutions, as President and CEO. I developed and executed a turn-around strategy, designed sales programs, hired and trained new staff, and implemented operations improvement processes that resulted in the successful sale of the business exceeding time-frame and value target. Increased sales by 145%, eliminate debt of over $2.5M to create business/sales value.
Other positions held at firm:
• President & CEO Wireless Technology Solutions Inc.
• COO Smartfuel International Inc., which resells an engine additive providing fuel efficiencies and reduced emissions
• Strategic Growth and Marketing Head for Headland Communications., which provides full service voice and data services to SMBs.
COO & Senior Vice President Operations and IT
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Wireless industry
September 2004 – July 2009 (4 years 11 months) San Francisco Bay Area
COO and Senior Vice President, Operations, Product, and Delivery
Led the strategic and tactical plans as well as the execution and implementation of all back office (MVNE) systems and services. Led strategic and day-to-day operations to provide private label services for The Walt Disney Company, ESPN, Embarq and Faith Communications.
• Oversaw the building and management of systems, operational staff and technical organization of 250+ (including offshore team of 150 developers/operators) in support of several wireless service roll-outs.
• Provided executive leadership for software delivery, quality assurance, production support and customer service staff.
• Built and managed the company’s customer billing operations and revenue assurance programs as well as the program management team to support effective and timely execution and delivery.
• Managed $31M annual CAPEX/OPEX budget.
Vice President Network Planning and Operations
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; T; Telecommunications industry
June 2001 – September 2004 (3 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Directed planning and cost management of AT&T’s $2.2B Leased Access Network to ensure cost effective service delivery as well as designing and implementing network reconfigurations to drive down costs.
• Directed teams in the identification and execution of a $65M yearly Access Cost Reduction Program.
• Responsible for directing the scheduling and capital needs for deploying capacity to meet required growth as well as migration of existing networks to lower-cost platforms, including managing over $100M CAPEX, $100M OPEX and staff of over 200 nationwide.
Vice President Operations and Network Planning
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; NPNT; Telecommunications industry
December 1999 – September 2004 (4 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay Area
One of the original founders leading and directing market and product expansion as well as field operations.
• Managed the DSL network expansion into 1900+ locations nation-wide with over 4500 leased circuits that required the management and oversight of $350M CAPEX and $275M OPEX
• Directed National Field Operations (250+ staff in 65 markets).
Senior Director, Business Development and Local Service Planning
March 1989 – June 1998 (9 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Directed all business development, market planning, market rollout, and regulatory compliance for co-carrier (facilities-based) and Centrex resale service offerings.
• Directed a $100 million market growth plan budget and expansion development and implementation staff of over 30 market analysts, negotiators and planners.
• Managed relationships and led negotiations with ILECs relating to Central Office products, pricing, provisioning, and billing services.
Senior Director, Technical Support Systems & Operations - Network Systems Development
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; S; Telecommunications industry
October 1982 – March 1989 (6 years 6 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Steve Grossmann's Skills & Expertise
- Strategic Partnerships
- Program Management
- Executive Management
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Project Management
- Business Strategy
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Product Development
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Managed Services
- Enterprise Software
- Mobile Applications
- Product Management
- Mobile Devices
- Vendor Management
- Business Analysis
- Operations Management
- Change Management
- Call Center
- Management Consulting
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Project Planning
- Team Leadership
- New Business Development
- Team Building
- Contract Negotiation
- Product Marketing
- Sales Management
- Competitive Analysis
- Call Centers
- Quality Assurance
- Account Management
- Cloud Computing
Steve Grossmann's Education
Steve Grossmann's Additional Information
- Groups and Associations:
Contact Steve for:
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch