Senior Software Engineer at Trasys Greece
- Information Technology and Services
|Recommendations||1 person has recommended Spyros|
Join LinkedIn and access Spyros's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Spyros directly
Spyros Doulgeridis is holding one Master degree in Telecommunications and one in Software Engineering. He has a huge experience in JavaEE development especially backend implementations; and also has 3 years of experience in Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) in major ADF project, one fo Oracle success stories, specializing in all layer of the application from front-end development to database programming and from designing ADF forms to Continuous Integration Solutions.
He is a trustworthy professional who is used to work under strict deadlines in very demanding and complex projects that require high quality code. He is well known for his friendly personality and soft skills. His wide knowledge gives him the ability to comprehent customer problems in every aspect providing accurate solutions. He faces difficulties as challenges that help to both improve personality and build character.
Specialties:JavaEE and Oracle ADF development and design.
Participated in the development of the EU Community Registry (EUCR), one of the applications implementing the infrastructure of the Kyoto protocol. The application allows Member States to record and trade emission allowances under the Kyoto Protocol. The project having to implement the Kyoto Protocol legislation had increased complexity businesswise, high code quality standards and banking level security
Technologies used: Weblogic 10.3.3, EJB3.1, Hibernate/JPA, JSF 2.0, Primefaces, JBoss jBPM, Oracle DB, JUnit, Ant, Maven, SVN, OWASP, Continuous Integration using Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus.
Technical Reviewer for Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook by Nick Haralabidis, along with Frank Nimphius (Oracle Technologist of the Year 2011) and Edwin Biemond (Oracle ACE), who are among the top JDeveloper/ADF experts.
Oracle ADF Consultant/Software Engineer. During the last year, I was fortunate to participate in one of the first attempts to migrate an old big scale Oracle Forms 6i application (around 250 forms) to Oracle ADF 11g (more on Oracle Success stories).
Reengineering the old application in order for the new application and the old one to work in parallel imposes extra difficulties as it was necessary to respect the approach of the old app. During the project I was involved both in developing (in my first months), design reviewing and developer’s assisting:
• Developing using all the features that the ADF framework provides such as: ADF Business Components, ADF Task Flows, ADF Faces Rich Client (JSF, ADF rich AJAX components, Trinidad components etc). Also I was partially involved in the deploying of the application on clustered Weblogic 11g (10.3.1) server.
• Designing: Although ADF is considered to be maybe the best choice for migrating a Forms application (Client-Server) into a web based one, unfortunately there are some incompatibilities and problems when trying to implement the same functionality in Forms. During the project I was also involved in providing the proper design based on the analysis of the functionality of the existing Oracle Forms 6i application, so as to provide solutions in order for the migration to be feasible.
• Reviewing: Code reviewing, inspecting the implementation and functionality of the work performed by developers, checking the developing decisions that were adopted, verifying that Company’s Developing Standards were followed in order for the deliverable to reach the expected quality state before Testing.
• Developers’ assisting: Helping developers to workaround problems, implement the functionality by utilizing the framework features and avoiding discourage practices.
Software Engineer in developing solutions for improving the performance (clustering, load balancing, session replications, scalability) of EDGE server of the fs|cdn platform that is developed by the department.
• Section Manager 5b of the 5th Office of Signal Corps Administration, Army General Staff. Responsible for the editing the Technical Specifications for the equipment that the Signal Corps of Hellenic Army are willing to supply.
• Implemented the Computer Network of the Administration Facility of the Signal Corps School during my 4 months training as a Candidate Reserve Officer.
• Responsible for the correct operation of the Automatic Mail Exchange System (the Email system for the Hellenic Army) of the 29th Company of Signal Corps.
• Digitization and creation of the electronic presentation of the Network of Underground Communications and Δικτύου Υπογείων Επικοινωνιών και Fortification of the 26th Infantry Brigade.
• Officer of Information Security of the Signal Corps School.
• System and Network Administration of the Telecommunication lab (user policies and priviledges, file sharing, www access, Email services, proxing).
• Migration of the existing Win NT 4.0 based infrastructure into a Suse Linux 6.0 based.
- Software Engineering
- Web Applications
- Shell Scripting
- Amazon Web Services...
- Java Enterprise Edition
- See 28+ See less
- Oracle ADF,
- Software Architecture,
- Design Patterns,
- Aspect Oriented Programming,
- Clustering Solutions [Performance,
- Scalability. Reliability]
Advice for Contacting Spyros
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Senior Software Engineer at Trasys
IT Architect at Trasys
Senior software developer
Principal Software Engineer at Uni Systems
Oracle Fusion Middleware and Database freelancer consultant
CTO at Frink!