Sam Palazzolo PCC
Marshall Goldsmith Executive Coaching | Leadership Challenge Development | Venture Capital
- San Diego, California (Greater San Diego Area)
- Management Consulting
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Overview
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Summary
Effective management consultant with diverse experience supporting change enablement, workforce transformation and organizational impact. Ability to establish credible functional and technical strategies with talent considerations. Skillful at coordinating cross-functional teams in a complex project environment. Unique blend of conceptual and task-oriented thinking that manages executives/leadership, and supports effective implementation/sustainment. Reputation for strong work ethic, high energy level, results-oriented focus, approachability, and commitment to corporate success.
Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching
Leadership Development - The Leadership Challenge's Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) Coach Certification
Coaching (Business Coaching / Executive Coaching / Sales Coaching)
Sales / Business Development
Assessments (Behavioral / Emotional Intelligence / 360*)
Certified Professional in Learning & Performance 2008-2011 (CPLP)
Professional Certified Coach (PCC through ICF)
Masters in Business Administration
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Experience
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Management Consulting industry
May 2012 – Present (2 years 4 months) Las Vegas, Nevada
Tip of the Spear Ventures is a business advisory services and venture capital firm. Our advisory services goal is to be the “firm of choice” for the Inc 500 | 5000 market (as well as for those leaders looking to adopt the entrepreneurial spirit to achieve their goals). Our venture capital goals are to support entrepreneurs after they exhaust initial capital supplies (credit cards, friends + family financing options) by providing early-stage seed funding.
We are committed to helping exceptional leaders build lasting, category-defining companies. We partner with leader’s and businesses that show potential for significant long-term success. Emphasizing synergy in our portfolio of client organizations enables us to offer the advantages of a cohesive, cooperative community in the form of our Leadership Advisory Boards, or LABs.
Because we are an agile organization, we know there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to building lasting companies (as opposed to our peers at consultancies such as PWC, Deloitte, and Accenture). We also are not “career” consultants, as we’ve similarly been in the leadership-trenches you operate in (and often times find yourself “slugging” it out as we do!) As trusted peer, partner and confidant, we encourage leaders to decide what their unique business requires to succeed. We help realize their vision with personalized, thoughtful and expeditious support.
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; E-Learning industry
January 2008 – Present (6 years 8 months)
Instruct School of Management courses via virtual classroom setting for this top accredited online university. Consistently ranked in “Top 10%” of Associate Professors for university.
Human Resources Management
Leadership in Organizations
Change in Organizations
Economics (Micro / Macro)
Volunteer Marketing/Advertising/Sales Mentor
Educational Institution; Myself Only; Fund-Raising industry
March 2013 – Present (1 year 6 months) Greater San Diego Area
Volunteer time to provide business and executive coaching / mentoring to startup and emerging businesses who are seeking early stage funding, growth advice, and counseling.
CONNECT is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and sustaining the growth of innovative technology and life science businesses in San Diego. Since 1985, CONNECT has assisted in the formation and development of over 2,000 companies and is widely regarded as the world's most successful regional program linking inventors and entrepreneurs with the resources they need for success. There are more than 40 organizations in 18 countries that have adopted the CONNECT model, including New York City, the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Australia and India.
Springboard, CONNECT's flagship program, is a business creation and development program. Innovators at all stages from lab to global bridges receive hands-on mentoring by successful CEOs, CFOs and CMOs.
Vistage Connect Chief Operations Officer | Vice President of Online Experience
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Professional Training & Coaching industry
June 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 10 months) San Diego, CA
The world’s leading “Think Tank” for more than 15,000 chief executives and small business owners in 15 countries, providing unparallel access to new business perspectives, innovative strategies and actionable ideas through coaching, peer group advisory boards and speaker presentations. Vistage Connect is an offering from this 54-year old organization which will revolutionize the global leadership landscape, bringing this organization's expertise to the virtual space.
CEO & Managing Partner | Executive Coaching | Change Management Consulting
Pathos Leadership Group
March 2005 – June 2011 (6 years 4 months)
Found and led organizational development consulting group of 20. Services delivered consisted of executive coaching and change consulting.
• Change at a major healthcare organization (National Top 10): Coordinated a department’s front-line leadership team in developing and executing change methodology to realize $2M of annualized business value. Led stakeholder panel to create assessment to establish “baseline” for change initiative (Established priorities/sequence of results based on urgency). Revised operating model with leadership team for agile implementation with fast results and minimal disruption to daily routine. Enabled and ensured sustainable performance by addressing key aspects of stakeholders through supervisory/associate one-to-one coaching and daily review of change vision. Led leadership panel to identify potential threats, and developed contingency plans. Based on metrics, leaders identified future goals to continue building on change momentum. Enabled client to plan, manage, execute and sustain their organizational change effort with executive coaching.
• At a major wholesaler/distributor: Led leadership team on multi-year change initiative. Managed change panel of four to establish work planning and estimation. Reviewed with leadership change opportunities for selection based on urgency/vision alignment. Measured critical milestones with organization through communication plan established by change panel. Received feedback from stakeholders and reviewed with leadership team. Assisted in implementation by rolling-up sleeves/rolling-out initiative with organizational leadership. Worked side-by-side stakeholders to ensure comprehension/execution/results. Compiled metrics dashboard with stakeholder input summarizing activities. Key stakeholder commented, “For the first time we accomplished what we wanted, in less time than expected, and with virtually zero disruption.”
Retail Development Manager | District Sales Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TM; Automotive industry
March 1999 – March 2005 (6 years 1 month)
Recognized “High Potential” associate. Assisted in implementing change management philosophies within the Toyota franchise-dealer culture.
• At distributor level: Led distributor team in identifying methodology for goal attainment (improved sales volume, sales gross profit increases and customer satisfaction/retention/advocacy). Oversaw research and service development team of five. Identified potential threats, and developed scenarios showing what could happen in the future if change did not occur (Communicated results to leadership). Developed model/methodology and rolled-out training to organizational staff for alignment. Created beta pilot structure, including rollout instructions (Communication plan, milestones, and intended results). Employed Toyota Quality Management (TQM) and “kaizen” philosophies (the idea of continuous improvement).
• At retail level: Led distributor’s front-line district management team in implementing the methods and tools to realize $5M of annualized business value. Led key leaders on commitment for change initiative. Worked with team of key stakeholders building change structure. Determined the values that are central to the individual organizations/personnel requiring change therein through assessments/interviews/metric measurements. Developed follow-up communication to reflect change initiatives “status” and created “transparent” moments for organization. Revised the operating model for delivery through skills gap identification. Established measurement program with critical success factors for leadership review/future planning (Led leadership teams to revise change processes/procedures based on feedback received and organizational urgency).
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AON; Financial Services industry
April 1995 – March 1998 (3 years)
Served as the Lead Consultant for a variety of change management consultations. Led client organizations leadership/associates with established change model consisting of (1) establishing urgency, (2) creating change team, (3) developing change vision, (4) communicating vision, (5) empowering broad-based action, (6) generating “wins” (short/long-term), (7) maintaining change momentum, and (8) ensuring culture change.
• At a major retailer: Led a team of twenty-five change management consultants supporting a multi-year corporate change initiative impacting 250 retail outlets and 2500+ people. Led leadership team to prioritize/implement knowledge transfer during a complex team transition (Leaders were able to accurately/effectively inform stakeholders about program and impact on them). Identified gaps in organization efficiency from performance reviews and surveys of leadership and employees. Worked with leadership to identify (draft) a cross-functional team made up of subject matter experts (direct exposure to process being modified) and other staff members (indirect, or no exposure). Established stakeholder panel that could describe their change vision in five minutes or less (Otherwise, it was too complicated). Established change process communication rollout (email, presentations, and leader presentation skills). Identified stakeholders resisting change, and helped them overcome implementation obstacles. Took action to quickly remove barriers (human or otherwise). Led leadership team on revised work plan based on organizational goals and change vision. Conducted roundtable discussions with leadership team and key stakeholders to identify resource needs, and a process/methodology for implementation with minor deviations.
Senior Financial Forecaster | Strategic Planning Analyst - SATURN DIVISION
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; GM; Automotive industry
1990 – 1995 (5 years)
One of the first 200 SATURN team members to work in then state-of-the-art Spring Hill, TN manufacturing facility.
• At SATURN: Led a team of ten financial analysts to coordinate monthly organizational financial position. Prepared/presented to leadership, and GM Board. Secured funding for operational runway. Assisted in developing the implementation plan for the SATURN Retail Network.
• At a Truck & Bus Plant: Conducted first ever production materials analysis for just-in-time inventory plant. Coordinate communications to leadership and associates.
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Skills & Expertise
- Executive Coaching
- Organizational Development
- Organizational Change
- Team Building
- Strategic Planning for Growth
- Strategic Leadership
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Development Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Change Management
- Management Consulting
- Performance Management
- Performance Improvement
- Workshop Facilitation
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Program Management
- New Business Development
- Public Speaking
- Strategic Planning
- Personnel Management
- Succession Planning
- Marketing Strategy
- Project Planning
- Culture Change
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Management
- Executive Development
- Small Business
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Career Development
- Personal Development
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Organizational Design
- Marketing Management
- Business Strategy
- Employee Training
- Staff Development
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Certifications
Marshall Goldsmith Certified Coach
- Goldsmith Certified Stakeholder Coaching Program
Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP)
- American Society of Training & Development (ASTD)
Hogan Assessments (HPI/HDS/HRBI/MVPI)
- Hogan Assessments
Korn/Ferry Voices 360*
Leadership Challenge's Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) Coach Certification
- The Leadership Challenge Certified Master Network
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Education
2008 – 2009
Executive Coaching Program
MBA, Accounting / Operations
1990 – 1992
BS, Economics / Psychology
1986 – 1989
Sam Palazzolo PCC's Additional Information
Leadership Development, Business Coaching, Executive Coaching, Psychology of Selling, Human Dynamics, Technology Training, and Alzheimer Research,
- Groups and Associations:
Vanderbilt Alumni Network, Owen @ Vanderbilt University, Retail Industry Group
Contact Sam for:
View Sam Palazzolo PCC’s full profile to...
- See who you and Sam Palazzolo PCC know in common
- Get introduced to Sam Palazzolo PCC
- Contact Sam Palazzolo PCC directly