Tip of the Spear Ventures
Marshall Goldsmith Executive Coaching | Leadership Challenge Development | Venture Capital
|Recommendations||11 people have recommended Sam|
Join LinkedIn & access Sam's full profile
Effective C-Suite leader acting as consultant with diverse experience supporting agile change enablement, innovative workforce transformation, customer experience and organizational impact. Ability to establish credible functional and technical strategies with talent considerations. Skillful at coordinating cross-functional teams in a complex project environment. Unique blend of conceptual and task-oriented thinking that manages executives/leadership, and supports effective implementation/sustainment. Reputation for strong work ethic, high energy level, results-oriented focus, approachability, and commitment to corporate success.
Knowledge and Skills:
•Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
•Digital literacy and familiarity with social media.
•Exceptional writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
•Demonstrated ability to teach, train, counsel and influence others in collaborative manner.
•Ability to moderate and lead group discussions and planning meetings at C-Suite to stakeholder level.
•Ability to play client-facing role with existing clients (participation in strategy meetings, providing client consultation) and new business (participation as part of pitch team/presentations).
•Ability to work closely with a variety of account teams and clients across a full range of practice groups.
•Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching
•Leadership Development - The Leadership Challenge
•Change Management Consulting
•Talent Development / Team Building
•Coaching (Business Coaching / Executive Coaching / Sales Coaching)
•Sales / Business Development
•Organizational Development (OD) Consulting
•Assessments (Behavioral / Emotional Intelligence / 360*)
•Certified Professional in Learning & Performance 2008-2011 (CPLP)
•Professional Certified Coach (PCC through International Coach Federation - ICF)
•Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Vanderbilt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
• Manage, direct, and monitor services teams on multiple engagements; plan, execute, direct, and conduct financial audits, business process control reviews, and other service offerings in a wide variety of industries; and manage operations to budget.
• Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
• Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
• Review operational, financial, and technology processes to provide leadership with assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the process.
• Manage the evaluation and testing of business processes, business controls, and identification of areas of risk.
• Manage outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients.
• Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to embrace and manage change.
• Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
• Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement to serve as a business advisor to client.
• Work closely with consultation partners and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development.
• Team with client consulting partners on proposals and business development calls.
• Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell customized services within clients.
• Recruit and retain C-Suite leadership, senior associates and associates.
• Coach C-Suite leadership, senior associates and associates in developing and achieving goals and objectives for performance and professional development.
Instruct School of Management courses via virtual classroom setting for this top accredited online university. Consistently ranked in “Top 10%” of Associate Professors for university.
Human Resources Management
Leadership in Organizations
Change in Organizations
Economics (Micro / Macro)
Volunteer time to provide business and executive coaching / mentoring to startup and emerging businesses who are seeking early stage funding, growth advice, and counseling.
CONNECT is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and sustaining the growth of innovative technology and life science businesses in San Diego. Since 1985, CONNECT has assisted in the formation and development of over 2,000 companies and is widely regarded as the world's most successful regional program linking inventors and entrepreneurs with the resources they need for success. There are more than 40 organizations in 18 countries that have adopted the CONNECT model, including New York City, the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Australia and India.
Springboard, CONNECT's flagship program, is a business creation and development program. Innovators at all stages from lab to global bridges receive hands-on mentoring by successful CEOs, CFOs and CMOs.
The world’s leading “Think Tank” for more than 15,000 chief executives and small business owners in 15 countries, providing unparallel access to new business perspectives, innovative strategies and actionable ideas through coaching, peer group advisory boards and speaker presentations. Vistage Connect is an offering from this 54-year old organization which will revolutionize the global leadership landscape, bringing this organization's expertise to the virtual space.
Found and led organizational development consulting group of 20. Services delivered consisted of executive coaching and change consulting.
• Change at a major healthcare organization (National Top 10): Coordinated a department’s front-line leadership team in developing and executing change methodology to realize $2M of annualized business value. Led stakeholder panel to create assessment to establish “baseline” for change initiative (Established priorities/sequence of results based on urgency). Revised operating model with leadership team for agile implementation with fast results and minimal disruption to daily routine. Enabled and ensured sustainable performance by addressing key aspects of stakeholders through supervisory/associate one-to-one coaching and daily review of change vision. Led leadership panel to identify potential threats, and developed contingency plans. Based on metrics, leaders identified future goals to continue building on change momentum. Enabled client to plan, manage, execute and sustain their organizational change effort with executive coaching.
• At a major wholesaler/distributor: Led leadership team on multi-year change initiative. Managed change panel of four to establish work planning and estimation. Reviewed with leadership change opportunities for selection based on urgency/vision alignment. Measured critical milestones with organization through communication plan established by change panel. Received feedback from stakeholders and reviewed with leadership team. Assisted in implementation by rolling-up sleeves/rolling-out initiative with organizational leadership. Worked side-by-side stakeholders to ensure comprehension/execution/results. Compiled metrics dashboard with stakeholder input summarizing activities. Key stakeholder commented, “For the first time we accomplished what we wanted, in less time than expected, and with virtually zero disruption.”
Recognized “High Potential” associate. Assisted in implementing change management philosophies within the Toyota franchise-dealer culture.
• At distributor level: Led distributor team in identifying methodology for goal attainment (improved sales volume, sales gross profit increases and customer satisfaction/retention/advocacy). Oversaw research and service development team of five. Identified potential threats, and developed scenarios showing what could happen in the future if change did not occur (Communicated results to leadership). Developed model/methodology and rolled-out training to organizational staff for alignment. Created beta pilot structure, including rollout instructions (Communication plan, milestones, and intended results). Employed Toyota Quality Management (TQM) and “kaizen” philosophies (the idea of continuous improvement).
• At retail level: Led distributor’s front-line district management team in implementing the methods and tools to realize $5M of annualized business value. Led key leaders on commitment for change initiative. Worked with team of key stakeholders building change structure. Determined the values that are central to the individual organizations/personnel requiring change therein through assessments/interviews/metric measurements. Developed follow-up communication to reflect change initiatives “status” and created “transparent” moments for organization. Revised the operating model for delivery through skills gap identification. Established measurement program with critical success factors for leadership review/future planning (Led leadership teams to revise change processes/procedures based on feedback received and organizational urgency).
President and Founder of Customer Retention Consulting business.
Served as the Lead Consultant for a variety of change management consultations. Led client organizations leadership/associates with established change model consisting of (1) establishing urgency, (2) creating change team, (3) developing change vision, (4) communicating vision, (5) empowering broad-based action, (6) generating “wins” (short/long-term), (7) maintaining change momentum, and (8) ensuring culture change.
• At a major retailer: Led a team of twenty-five change management consultants supporting a multi-year corporate change initiative impacting 250 retail outlets and 2500+ people. Led leadership team to prioritize/implement knowledge transfer during a complex team transition (Leaders were able to accurately/effectively inform stakeholders about program and impact on them). Identified gaps in organization efficiency from performance reviews and surveys of leadership and employees. Worked with leadership to identify (draft) a cross-functional team made up of subject matter experts (direct exposure to process being modified) and other staff members (indirect, or no exposure). Established stakeholder panel that could describe their change vision in five minutes or less (Otherwise, it was too complicated). Established change process communication rollout (email, presentations, and leader presentation skills). Identified stakeholders resisting change, and helped them overcome implementation obstacles. Took action to quickly remove barriers (human or otherwise). Led leadership team on revised work plan based on organizational goals and change vision. Conducted roundtable discussions with leadership team and key stakeholders to identify resource needs, and a process/methodology for implementation with minor deviations.
One of the first 200 SATURN team members to work in then state-of-the-art Spring Hill, TN manufacturing facility.
• At SATURN: Led a team of ten financial analysts to coordinate monthly organizational financial position. Prepared/presented to leadership, and GM Board. Secured funding for operational runway. Assisted in developing the implementation plan for the SATURN Retail Network.
• At a Truck & Bus Plant: Conducted first ever production materials analysis for just-in-time inventory plant. Coordinate communications to leadership and associates.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
Vistage Speaker, Executive Coach, Change Management Consultant & Succesion Planning Expert @ Plus Delta
Owner, MVision Consulting
Chief Leadership Officer at the International Academy of Public Safety
Regional Director, Leadership Solutions at Center for Creative Leadership
Coaching Leaders to Build Stronger Teams ★ Helping Employees be Happy and Engaged
Executive Coach | Strategic Planning | Change Management | Leadership Development
Guide to Executives, President of Sagatica, Author, "Leadership as a hero's journey", Keynote speaker