Shelia Shipley Biddy
Director of Operations at Music Health Alliance
- Greater Nashville Area
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Overview
- Director of Operations at Music Health Alliance
- President at Flying Island Entertainment
- Artist Manager and Project Consultant at Hallmark Direction Company
- President at Stringtown Records
- Realtor, e-Pro at Crye Leike Realtors
- Executive Vice President, National Promotion & Artist Development at Vivaton Records
- Founder/CEO at Shipley Biddy Entertainment
- Senior Vice President and General Manager at Decca Records
- Senior Vice President, National Promotion at MCA Records
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Summary
Senior Level Executive successful at establishing the vision and strategies necessary to build strong management teams and develop talent. Expert at creating/capitalizing on networks, liaisons and business connections. Excels at partnering with all core business operations to increase company’s market share and revenue. A team builder with strong general management and leadership skills.
Specialties: Negotiation, Persuasion, and Communication ▪ Financial Plan Development ▪ Problem Solving ▪ Project Planning and Execution ▪ Revenue Goal / Growth Attainment ▪ Strategic Planning and Leadership ▪ Digital Marketing
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Experience
Director of Operations
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Entertainment industry
October 2013 – Present (1 year) Nashville, TN
Music Health Alliance is Music’s Resource for Health Care. Our confidential, safe and non-profit services PROTECT, DIRECT and CONNECT music professionals with health care across America to remove barriers and find solutions. MHA protects the music industry by providing access to affordable and appropriate health insurance. MHA directs music people through the health care system as their personal advocate, educator and navigator. MHA connects music makers with healthcare resources from financial aid to medicine, doctors, clinics and hospitals. Music Health Alliance walks with and fights for the music community to Get Well and Stay Well!
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Entertainment industry
July 2011 – September 2013 (2 years 3 months) Nashville, TN
Flying Island Entertainment is a full-service record label devoted to helping artists develop a successful brand and career in the country music industry specializing in promotion and marketing. For a complete list of services, visit: www.flyingislandentertainment.com. We also offer a Classic Country Media Service to legends artists from the 1960's through 1990's to promote new releases along with artist sound-bites and news to classic country radio.
Artist Manager and Project Consultant
October 2005 – June 2011 (5 years 9 months)
Evaluated solutions and strategies to maximize career exposure for the recording artists signed to Hallmark Direction Company. Maintain and update all social and websites for artist clients. Collaborated releases with label, booking agency, attorney, publishers, sponsors, radio and media including their online marketing and brand presence with merchandising and music.
July 2007 – July 2009 (2 years 1 month)
As part of Hallmark Direction Company, launched a label imprint for John Michael Montgomery. Secured a physical and digital distribution deal and supervised the day-to-day operations including vendor relationships with the promotion team, marketing and distribution group.
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Real Estate industry
May 2005 – May 2009 (4 years 1 month)
Developed marketing strategies for clients to assist in buying or selling their homes.
Affiliate Broker, e-Pro Certification, Member of National Association of Realtors, Williamson Country Realtor Association
Executive Vice President, National Promotion & Artist Development
October 2003 – March 2005 (1 year 6 months)
Supervised the radio, publicity, and media plans for each artist’s release. Hired, trained, and directed promotion team’s day-to-day activities and vendor relationships to accomplish label goals.
Senior Vice President and General Manager
January 1994 – January 1999 (5 years 1 month)
The first female executive to head a Nashville based record label. Successfully launched Decca Records which resulted in the chart and sales success of multiple artists resulting in nine # 1 singles, ten number one videos, two platinum and three gold records, and a total of 8 million in gross annual sales. Hired, managed and trained a team of 15 employees.
Senior Vice President, National Promotion
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Music industry
March 1984 – December 1993 (9 years 10 months)
Supervised the direction and management of a ten-person promotion department developing team strategies to achieve increased chart share and brand awareness for MCA recording artists.
• Achieved Number One Country Label of The Year seven times by Billboard Magazine and three times by R&R.
• Created and implemented promotional plans which launched the careers of Mark Chesnutt, Trisha Yearwood, Steve Wariner, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill, Tracy Byrd, Wynonna, Marty Stuart, The Mavericks, and David Lee Murphy.
• Developed computer technology to provide historical analysis for chart, sales, and tour performance.
• Leadership resulted in 125 number one singles in a nine-year period
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Skills & Expertise
- Social Media Marketing
- Contract Negotiation
- Music Licensing
- Public Speaking
- Entertainment Industry
- Radio Promotions
- Artist Management
- Talent Management
- Real Estate
- Event Planning
- Marketing Strategy
- Music Industry
- Online Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Media
- Creative Direction
- Record Labels
- New Media
- Music Publishing
- Social Media
- Talent Booking
- Social Networking
- Event Management
- Live Events
- Music Production
- Music Supervision
- Tour Management
- Studio Recording
- Digital Distribution
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Education
Shelia Shipley Biddy's Additional Information
• President, Leadership Music Board Of Directors (1998-1999), President, Leadership Music Alumni Committee (1994-1995), Leadership Music Board Of Directors (1994-2000, 2002-2005), Leadership Music Alumni Committee (1993-1996, 2002-2003) • Music Industry Advisory Board, Nashville Partnership 2000 (1998-1999) • Vice President, Country Radio Broadcasters Board Of Directors (1992-1999), Country Radio Board Of Directors, (1992-1996, 2004-2006), Country Radio Broadcasters DJ Hall of Fame Selection Committee (1996-1999, 2003) • Academy Of Country Music, Board Of Directors (1996-1999, 2004-2006) • NARAS Board Of Governors (1996-1997) • Nashville Film Commission Sponsorship & Fundraising Committee (2003-2004) • Country Music Retirement Center, Board Of Directors, (2005-2010)
- Groups and Associations:
Country Music Association, Academy Of Country Music, SOURCE, Leadership Music
- Honors and Awards:
• BOOKS: Country Music Encyclopedia Of Country Music (1998), Women At The Top Billboard Book Publication (1998)
• MAGAZINES: Nashville Life Magazine’s Top 25 Most Influential Women (1995), Mirabella Magazine’s “1000 Women For the Nineties” (1995), Gavin Magazine Country Promotion Vice President Of The Year – 1988, 1992, 1994
• AWARDS: Music Women’s International President’s Award – 1998; Country Radio Broadcaster’s President’s Award - 2009; SOURCE Hall of Fame Inductee 2012
Contact Shelia for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Shelia Shipley Biddy’s full profile to...
- See who you and Shelia Shipley Biddy know in common
- Get introduced to Shelia Shipley Biddy
- Contact Shelia Shipley Biddy directly