NYSC Town Sports International
Zumba Fitness Instructor
Passionate About Improving Lives Through Health & Fitness | Successful Fundraiser | Excellent Customer Service Skills |
|Recommendations||3 people have recommended Sarah|
Join LinkedIn & access Sarah's full profile
Zumba Fitness Instructor
Refocusing my career to the health/fitness field. Certified Zumba Instructor, CPR/AED-Adult certified, and AFAA Group Exercise Instructor. Completing a Health Coaching Certificate through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
Proven ability to build one-on-one relationships and to connect people to a cause. Excellent interpersonal, customer service/sales, and administrative skills. Experienced fundraiser with successful track record in established not-for-profits and personal fundraising initiatives. Conceived and created college-based not-for-profit to raise funds to fight poverty in New London, CT. C.CHANGE! raised more than $10,000 through student donations of spare change in three years.
Specialties:Motivating and engaging others; creating excitement and buzz about a cause or an idea; strong, active listener.
• Contribute to studio’s success and growth through managing instructor and staff scheduling and concerns as well as client concerns..
• Interact with class participants to promote high energy excitement and commitment to new Zumba studio.
• Teach high energy classes
• Use organizational skills and initiative to increase Irena’s presence and success within NYC dance and fitness community.
• Create PR/informational emails and manage Facebook page, resulting in dramatic increase in subscribers to 900+, and doubling master class attendance.
• Coordinate administrative details for master classes and special performances, including Irena’s piece in NY Sports Club Best Dance Crew Showcase Fall 2010: rehearsal notes, music, scheduling and schedule updates, costumes.
• Fundraise and renew memberships for designated client campaigns.
• Chosen to fundraise for Obama for America based on success on prior American Ballet Theatre campaign.
• Interact with guests, serve food, and assist in managing volunteers in kitchen serving nearly 1,000 patrons
• Assisted in developing strategies to connect NYC restaurant industry to WSCAH.
• Coordinated details for and handled silent auction for WSCAH fall benefit.
• Update donor information in Raiser’s Edge and assist Development team as needed.
• Recognized by VP of Development and senior staff for
outstanding direct fundraising success when asked to assist by
supervisor in fiscal year-end “push” and annual alumnae
Phonathon, raising $31,000
• Coordinate the set-up and management of annual five-night
Phonathon: prepare caller packets, handle all pre and post event
correspondence, track nightly donations in Excel
• Supervise student workers: schedules, timesheets, work
assignments, work quality
• Serve as first point of contact for Development Office, cultivating
strong rapport with alumnae, and handling calls from all donor
• Prioritize and complete projects for six fund directors in fast pace
environment including printing numerous reports from Benefactor,
compiling monthly reports to class presidents and fund chairs,
managing spreadsheets and mail templates, and creating
posters for Senior Fund Class campaign
• Handle all in-house mailings for leadership and high-profile
alumnae, requiring complex merge functions and including highly
confidential donation information (over 17 mailings to date)
• Exceeded original goal by almost 100%, in cycling to raise money for rare cancers
• Raised over $3,500 in 2005-2006 inaugural year and over $10,000
by 2008 graduation
• Created and supervised new campus group to connect students
to issues facing New London residents
• Recruited 700+ students to donate a minimum of $0.10/day
throughout academic year
• Researched community groups focused on poverty issues to
select C.CHANGE! beneficiaries: Habitat for Humanity, the
Gemma E. Moran United Way Labor Food Center, OIC (job
• Planned and executed extensive PR campaign to raise student
awareness and to increase participation
• Persuaded local businesses to donate incentive prizes in order to
sustain and increase student involvement
• Created and managed detailed member database in Excel
• Ranked in top third of callers for increasing pledges; rated number one in securing credit card pledges
• Selected for strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy to handle calls to non-donors and lapsed donors
• Worked and collaborated closely with development staff on
managing annual giving program
• Helped to maintain and manage Access database of over 12,000
• Headed up the stewardship process, and created solicitation
proposals and stewardship reports
• Processed gifts at all levels while managing 12 campaigns
• Supported major gifts officer to maintain portfolio of 100+ donors
• Functioned as office manager: wrote contact reports, submitted
bills, completed paperwork
• Researched event venues and organized guest materials for special events (Partners HealthCare Corporate)
• Screened corporation and foundation giving profiles for availability of grant money, used Wealth Engine (Mass General Hospital)
• Contacted over 100 current donors to promote and maintain their support of Brigham and Women’s Hospital
• Added more than 200 donor prospects to PledgeMaker database (Brigham and Women’s Hospital)
• Raised over $1,000 in the second year to fight cancer
• C.CHANGE!, Founder & Co-Chair (campus fundraising initiative) --(please see above), Fall 2005-Spring 2008
• Phonathon, Annual Giving student caller --(please see above), Spring 2005-Spring 2008
• Student Peer Advisor --Mentored assigned freshmen on academic and non-academic issues, Fall 2005-Spring 2006
• Campus Tour Guide --Demonstrated strong communication and public relations skills when representing college to the public, Spring 2006-Spring 2008
• Students Organized Against Racism, Executive Board --Promoted campus activism and raised awareness through events and activities, Fall 2004-Spring 2008
HR Development Manager at Groupe Limagrain
Clermont-Ferrand Area, France
En poste dans secteur Technologies et services de l'information
at Gehis France
CRM Consultant at SAP
Multimedia Editor and Teaching Assistant
Staff Attorney at The Legal Aid Society
PREP Member Coordinator / Personal Trainer at The Atlantic Club