Staff ITS Developer
Staff ITS Developer at Anadarko
|Recommendations||3 people have recommended Russell|
Join LinkedIn & access Russell's full profile
Staff ITS Developer
Migrated corporate portal from SAP to SharePoint 2013
- Managed a large budget, 35 resources from 3 different consulting firms over a 9 month period.
- The project had 7 distinct work streams including discovery, design, development, search configuration, significant content migration, setting up 4 separate environments and change management.
- Project delivery was well received by the enterprise with high usage of new tools including "My Tools and Apps" and portal search.
Managed multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously, requiring project management, business analysis and SharePoint development skills.
Project with British Petroleum Jan 2011 – Mar 2011
Developed WPF Application to load and categorize large sets of unstructured data in SharePoint 2010.
Used Managed Metadata Services to classify data. Dataset was >500GB and contained >250,000 objects.
Project with HESS Sep 2010 – Jan 2011
Developed “My Dashboard” Framework. Connected to multiple data sources (SSRS, Excel Services, PerformancePoint) and surfaced them into custom dashboards that can be created and shared by end users.
Developed dashboards and reports using SSRS and PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer.
Presented at Houston SharePoint User Group “BI for SharePoint Developers”
Project with Atwood Oceanics Jul 2010 – Sep 2010
Developed bid tracking system using custom InfoPath forms, workflows and SharePoint solutions.
Performed general site administration and maintenance on company intranet.
Migrated 1500 subsites from SPS 2003 to MOSS 2007.
Project with O’Rourke Petroleum Jul 2010
Developed issue tracking system using a combination of OOTB and custom workflows.
Performed health check for WSS 3.0 installation.
Direct university’s Information Technology Services (ITS) Enterprise Applications group, leading five employees in business and systems analysis, applications development, and campus support.
Oversee $750,000 budget for enterprise software, professional services, training and related expenses.
Manage portfolio of projects and technologies, including public website, intranet, online student application (admissions), data feeds between Qatar and College Station campus, HR information system, BPM system and SharePoint platform.
Managed 12 member team to implement university’s Intranet, using MS SharePoint as a collaborative and publishing platform.
- Achieved 50% of departments with a presence during the first phase and 90% in the second.
- Implementation has successfully enabled research collaboration with participants around the world.
- Implementation is the primary collaboration platform for Chemical Engineering capstone course, allowing students in College Station and Doha to teams together on a semester long project.
- Personally spent 50% of my time on this project in a highly technical capacity.
- Worked with our user services group in developing a comprehensive support strategy.
Driving development of university’s BPM system using Ascent AgilePoint and SharePoint, enabling departments to go paperless and establish truly standardized processes.
Made significant contributions in the developed and establishment of project management processes, a departmental PMO, standardized software development lifecycle (SDLC) and knowledge management practices.
Developed and configured software based on customer needs, performing custom development, leading consultations, and managing project stakeholder relations.
Managed the implementation of ImageNow document management system. Wrote custom code to integrate system into custom and off the shelf applications. Revolutionizing campus’ use of documents.
Led development of HR information system. Directed, coded, tested and deployed code while managing two developers in College Station during this project.
Developed the SMS Gateway, online student application (admissions), and applicant interview system;
All Development was done using ASP.NET / C# with the latest .NET Framework.
Presented a paper at Educause's National Conference in 2006 discussing impact of SMS Gateway.
Led the web team in the complete redesign and development of www.AggieNetwork.com
Managed website customer service, change management and technology strategies
Raised traffic 40% to 120,000 unique monthly visits during my tenure
Major Projects include:
- Online Directory of Former Students (AggieNetwork.com/Directory)
- Conduit for the syncing of the organizations master (Sungard BSR Advance) and online (SQL Server) databases
- Class Pages (AggieNetwork.com/Class) - Portal displaying information for TAMU classes
- Support Our Troops (AggieNetwork.com/TroopSupport)
Author of Network Bytes - Texas Aggie magazine, Bi-Monthly article discussing www.AggieNetwork.com
Participated in the building of:
- Time tracking software used to track employee hours.
- Preceptor - company’s course delivery system.
- Publisher - company's web CMS.
- In house system to test and report bugs in products.
Texas A&M University at Qatar 2008 - 2009 ITS Employee of the year.
CASE (case.org) Circle of Excellence Grand Gold Medal - www.AggieNetwork.com/TroopSupport, May 2004
- Category: Alumni Relations Programs - Technology Applications
CASE (case.org) District IV Grand Gold Award - www.AggieNetwork.com, April 2004
- Category: Web Pages - Entire Site
Collections Agent/Default Prevention at MOHELA
Greater St. Louis Area
SharePoint Developer at Anadarko Petroleum
Mgr - Database and Storage Technologies at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Enterprise Content Management, Services and Solutions Manager at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Sr. Manager - Enterprise Information Systems
ITS Analyst at Anadarko