CEO at True South Renewables Inc.
- Orange County, California Area
Rue Phillips's Overview
- CEO Co-founder at True South Renewables Inc
- CEO at Pacific Renewables LLC
- Director Of Operations. Solar at Sun Electric
Rue Phillips' Summary
Honest, hard working with a passion towards repetative excellence, high quality and going the extra mile. Think outside the box offer something above and beyond your nearest competition and Never, ever, ever surrender
Senior PV Systems designer / engineer for mid to large scale solar systems. Strategic planner for PV market development, technologies and standards including incentives rebates and economic legislative reforms.
Developing Solar industry standards, techniques and procedures for turn key installation of large scale solar PV systems developing competitive pricing matrix and formulas along the way.
Developing new markets and possibilities, local and international
Rue Phillips' Experience
Renewables & Environment industry
February 2008 – Present (6 years 8 months) Huntington Beach, California
• Active in Industrial and commercial Electrical contracting since 1985 (family UK contracting business)
• Since 1994 a US pioneer and veteran of Electric Vehicle infrastructure implementation technologies (design, installation and service support). Installed the first GM EV1 private EVSE from the production line and for ten years designed, installed and serviced hundreds of public, private, municipal and commercial EVSE’s. Upon noticing that most EV drivers owned a solar system I migrated over towards solar.
• From 2003 active in the development, engineering & design and installation of over 350MW of commercial solar systems in the USA and Canada (including 1MW of residential).
• Considered an industry pioneer in the development of a standardized and comprehensive commissioning protocol now widely used as a standard throughout the solar industry today.
• Advised and consulted multi billion dollar EPC's in the development of installation standard’s, design and installation techniques as well as efficient system modeling.
• Senior technical advisor to large developers and EPC's within system from 10-250MW.
• Formed a successful engineering company and designed and engineered 250MW of projects (schools, FIT plants, international stores, small DG)
• Developed a unique solution towards the operations and maintenance of solar PV systems focusing on higher outputs using unique preventative (versus reactive) maintenance protocol.
• Developed a construction integrated commissioning protocol ‘CISCA’ whereby the utility scale solar plant is being commissioned ( under load and current whilst in construction (before the sub station comes on line).
• Developed a nationwide OEM technical 24 Hr response support infrastructure
• Frequent speaker and technical advisor at international Seminars and symposiums for Electric vehicles and Solar O & M
Pacific Renewables LLC
2009 – 2011 (2 years) Huntington Beach, California
Using years of hands on real world experience from a collective 250MW I formed a professional solar engineering company with a key group of talented solar pioneers (Raoul Wood PE) to cater for the turnkey design and engineering of commercial solar systems from 100KW to portfolio sized systems.
Director Of Operations. Solar
March 2008 – January 2009 (11 months)
Developed new markets within the solar PV sector achieving status as one of the largest (IBEW) solar design and installation partners within California within 12 MW of installations. Developed new design and installation techniques within large scale ( 1MW and up) solar installs. Created and refined an industry standard for testing and commissioning of large systems. Worked on a successful matrix and pricing model to bring IBEW contractors to this competitive market place.
Rue Phillips' Skills & Expertise
- Solar Energy
- Alternative Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Solar PV
- Energy Management
- Solar Power
- Electric Power
- Sustainable Business
- Sustainable Energy
- Energy Conservation
- Energy Efficiency
- Clean Technology
- Power Generation
- Electric Vehicles
- Green Technology
- Energy Audits
- Solar Thermal
- Energy Policy
- Wind Turbines
- Project Finance
- Smart Grid
- Green Building
- Sustainability Consulting
- Electric vehicle Infrastructure design, implementation and protocols
- Corporate Development
- Electrical Engineering
- Renewable Resources
- Solar Cells
- Climate Change
Rue Phillips' Additional Information
Contact Rue for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch