The Sm@rtedgeLaw Group
Founder and Member
Data security, privacy, IP/IT, risk management and tech law attorney
|Recommendations||3 people have recommended Rich|
Join LinkedIn & access Rich's full profile
Founder and Member
• Int'l Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) "Certified Information Privacy Professional"
• IAPP Co-Chair of CT KnowledgeNet (as of 1/1/2014)
• Guest Lecturer at Sacred Heart University, in Masters Degree in Cybersecurity Program
• American Bar Association, Section of Science & Tech Law, Chair of Social Networking Committee; Member InfoSec and EDDE Committees
• New York State Bar Association - Intellectual Property Law Section – Internet & Technology Law Committee
• Greater Bridgeport Bar Association - Intellectual Property & Commercial Law Committees
• Former Local elected official – elected to two year legislative term (unpaid) as Fairfield Representative Town Member (2009-2011) responsible for ordinances, oversight and approval of $251+ million budget; appointed to Legislative & Administration Committee; Currently one of Fairfield's Conservation Commissioners
• Certified mentor for small-businesses and startups via the CT branch of SCORE, a nationally recognized volunteer counseling organization affiliated with the SBA
• Admitted in New York, District of Columbia and Connecticut (achieved 2nd highest scaled Multistate Bar Exam score of 390 examinees seated for Feb. 2008 Connecticut bar exam)
Strategic legal and technological services with a focus on social networking, cloud computing, data privacy, security and data security and breach responses, software and tech licensing and outsourcing, intellectual property, purchase and sales agreement, copyrights, trademarks, contracts and other agreements. With subspecialities in author and publishing contract matters and related issues and commercial leasing.
The Sm@rtedgeLaw Group is a new breed of law firm - established to break the stale mold of law practices to address today’s fast moving digital economy. Our goal is to efficiently meet your legal needs, whether you are an tech-savvy individual, new start-up or established household name. Unlike law firms or legal department that slow you down, we apply the latest technology and best practices to respond quickly and cost effectively providing the edge you need while always ensuring you meet legal regulations and requirements.
The firm’s range of practice areas and services may be found under the Services tab at our website, www.smartedgelaw.com, but in short, if digital data is involved we address the legal issues raised, because we’re Smartedge – and “Smart companies need a Smart Edge”™
- Legal, technical and strategic consulting services for 21st century companies.
KnowledgeNet meetings are a benefit created exclusively for IAPP members. These dynamic, FREE networking and educational meetings are an opportunity to informally gather, share experiences and network with peers. New meetings are continually being planned, and each location has at least two per year. Meetings may include a presentation by an expert on a timely privacy topic and/or interactive discussions.
Top 1% percentile score on Multistate Bar Exam, Feb. 2008 sitting (CT)
Top 2% percentile score on Multistate Bar Exam, July 2005 sitting (NY)
Computer Press Awards - 1996, for Individual Product Review - "Browser Power: Internet Explorer and Navigator Push Each Other to the Limit"
Windows Magazine Editorial Excellence Award, 1996
Nominated for MagazineWeek Editorial Excellence Award in the category of General Computing Magazine (1993)
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.