- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Edmonton, Canada Area)
Roberto Jimenez's Overview
- Drafting Technologist at EPCOR
- IT and Electrical Drafting Tech. at Orbis Engineering Field Services
- Web & Graphic Designer at Cause H2O
- Web Designer at Filweb Systems Technology
- 3D CAD / CAM Designer at Planex Technology Inc.
- Marketing Assistant at American Standard Manufacturing Corp.
- Web Designer at One TV Broadcasting Inc.
- University of Santo Tomas
- Sta. Catalina College
Roberto Jimenez's Summary
- Competency with over 7 years of experience on 2D and 3D drafting in several Cad applications.
- Extra ordinary ability on drafting both on computerized and drawing on paper with the help of manual tools.
- Dependable in IT related inquiries with strong background in computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Team player. Coordination and consultation with Technologists and Engineers during the design phase while using their feedbacks for modification of the design.
- Project focused performer who is committed to detail, quality and delivery in every project.
- Valued contributor who performs confidently and effectively even under pressure.
- Experience and proficiency on computer software and systems that include: Auto Cad R12-2012, Microstation V8, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3, Solidworks 2000, Think3 Design 9.0, Catia V5 R14, Windows XP-7, Mac OSX, Citrix.
An innovative degree holder in Industrial Design who is well versed in IT, graphic design, drafting, 3d modelling. Also proficient on different software and platforms on tools used for web-design, authoring and maintenance. An enthusiastic team player who enjoys contributing to achieve common goals.
Roberto Jimenez's Experience
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Utilities industry
June 2012 – Present (2 years 4 months) North Service Center, Edmonton, Canada Area
Support EPCOR's Engineering teams by performing computer-aided design and drafting functions related to Distribution and Transmission projects. Using Microstation to produce detailed electrical design drawings for construction, interpreting survey data and as-built information for record maintenance.
- Preparing detailed structural or electrical construction drawings and documents including schematics, wiring diagrams, site drawings, circuit layouts, vendor drawings, single and three phase diagrams, etc.
- Interpreting as-built mark-ups and preparing as-built drawings. Collecting and analyzing technical and other necessary information to propose solutions to design related issues before, during and after a project.
- Assisting with updates to drafting standards, and processes and providing support for preparation work packages and plotting of drawings.
IT and Electrical Drafting Tech.
Public Company; 51-200 employees; Oil & Energy industry
June 2006 – May 2012 (6 years) #300 9404 41 Ave. Edmonton Alberta T6E 6G8
- Gained valuable field experience on providing As-built and site visit documentation in a diamond mine, utilities, transmission and oil and gas companies.
- Developed and maintained operating standards in producing CAD drawings, in Auto Cad and Microstation platforms.
- Sole drafts person consulting with multiple Technologists and Engineers in producing high voltage single line, schematics, wiring diagrams and plans for several multi billion companies, while maintaining each companies drafting and document standard.
- Developed a database to document all company workstations, accessories and peripherals.
- Supervised and maintained over a hundred of workstation and servers, which includes software, operating system and hard ware troubleshooting.
3D CAD / CAM Designer
Planex Technology Inc.
February 2005 – December 2005 (11 months) Mandaluyong City, Philippines
- Appointed as team leader and lead modeler after a month of adjusting on a new position for 3d modelling of Japanese car parts in a fast paced and pressured environment. Combined with continuous self-paced study of different 3D cad modeling software.
- Responsible for translating 2D sketch drawings into 3D models with accurate scaling for use in mold manufacturing. Maintaining constant communication with Engineers based in Japan.
American Standard Manufacturing Corp.
July 2003 – December 2004 (1 year 6 months) Las Pinas City, Philippines
- Designed showroom and exhibit booths for several distributors and trade shows around the Philippines. While overseeing the construction, finishing and dismantling of the exhibit booths.
- Production of company website and marketing materials that includes brochures, posters, flyers, product catalogues and promotional gifts. With constant coordination with the printing house.
One TV Broadcasting Inc.
July 2002 – May 2003 (11 months) Makati City, Philippines
- Produced and maintained a Korean travel broadcasting company website and portal site.
- Continuous research and dynamic conversion of handled websites while gaining search engine optimization.
- Performed all IT support and troubleshooting responsibility for satellite office workstations.
Roberto Jimenez's Languages
Roberto Jimenez's Skills & Expertise
- MS Project
- MS Access
- MS Office Suite
- HTML + CSS
- Computer Repair
- Computer Maintenance
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Architectural Drafting
- Industrial Design
- electrical drafting
- Windows Server 2003
- Mac OS X
- Windows 7
- google sketchup
Roberto Jimenez's Education
BFA, Industrial Design
1998 – 2002
As an undergraduate I undertook two work placements:
Office Assistant at Center for International Trade Exposition and Missions – Receiving and assisting international clients and visitors, undertaking administrative duties and handling telephoned enquiries.
Design Trainee at Product and design Centre of the Philippines – work with a team of designers on a range of tasks including furniture and container re-designs, and producing freehand sketches and concept drawings.
Activities and Societies: UST Mountaineering
Sta. Catalina College
Roberto Jimenez's Additional Information
Other interests include Architecture, Mountaineering, Furniture Design, Cooking, Art and Photography.
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
2004 – United Architects of the Philippines Convention. Best Exhibit Booth for America Standard Philippines
2004 – Federation of Philippine Photographer’s Foundation competition – photography competition, 4th place.
2001 – University of Sto. Tomas – Scooter design competition, 2nd place.
2000 – Nestle Philippines Milo Energy Drink display competition, finalist.
1999 – Mother of pearl furniture and jewellery competition, finalist
1998 – Sta. Catalina College, attained highest score in Vocational Aptitude.
Contact Roberto for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch