Marketing communications consumer campaign guru | 60+ awards | Social media | PSAs | Review films, food
- Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Public Relations and Communications
Rozanne Weissman's Overview
- 'Chief Guru' at Rozanne Weissman & Associates (marketing communications consultancy)
- Senior Director of Consumer Campaigns; Director of Communications and Marketing at Alliance to Save Energy
- Marketing Communications Consultant at Discovery Communications (& other clients)
- President at Animal Tracks (environmental education operating foundation)
- VP, Corporate Communications at Corporation For Public Broadcasting
Rozanne Weissman's Summary
AWARD-WINNING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EXEC
Rozanne Weissman is an award-winning, results-oriented senior manager who strategically positions corporations and organizations through integrated marketing communications to achieve goals. She has a broad background in diversified media, telecommunications, energy efficiency, environment/sustainability, business, health, education, and politics.She has won 60+ awards.
Weissman offers a 20+ year track record for employers and clients in strategic planning, positioning, branding, messaging, nonprofit and for-profit partnerships; integrated marketing communications consumer campaigns and related collateral materials; public service and paid advertising; electronic and print publications, website redesign and development, digital and social media, and radio and TV shows.
As Senior Director of Consumer Campaigns and Director of Communications and Marketing
for the Alliance to Save Energy, she managed 19 award-winning, multimedia public awareness-building, integrated marketing communications and branding campaigns with interactive websites, social media, cutting-edge elements, & diverse nonprofit, governmental, & for-profit partners. (See portfolio.)
Previously, Weissman ran her own firm with clients including Discovery Communications, BellSouth, and the BellSouth Foundation. As President of Animal Tracks environmental educational operating foundation which originated on the profit end as a “green marketing” consumer program by Wal-Mart, Weissman increased its marketing and reach by 6.5 million people. Prior to that, she was VP Corporate Communications in the public broadcasting industry.
Rozanne Weissman's Experience
Rozanne Weissman & Associates (marketing communications consultancy)
April 2010 – Present (4 years 7 months) washington, dc
Consulting on ALL aspects of marketing and communications--from strategic plans through execution. Branding, positioning, messaging, tactics, partnerships, websites, social media, PSAs. Clients include Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Al Tiramisu, Kinergy Health, Peace Corps, Whelan Group Seminars. Also Account Executive for Fortune 50 client for international Whelan Group Seminars client on "10 Secrets to Powerful Business Writing" and "Email that Gets Results." Reviews films and food for DCdigest.com.
Senior Director of Consumer Campaigns; Director of Communications and Marketing
Nonprofit; 51-200 employees; Oil & Energy industry
January 1997 – March 2010 (13 years 3 months) washington, district of columbia
Managed department and 19 national and statewide consumer campaigns including strategy, positioning, messaging, diverse public/private partnerships, market research, interactive website development, cutting-edge tactics (video contest using social media; nationwide home energy efficiency makeover contest for deserving family with media partner). Won major national and international awards. Boosted media coverage tenfold.
• Partnered with Proctor & Gamble on ColdWater Challenge campaign that garnered 1 million web pledges, 329 million media impressions, and new product sales 18% above estimates.
• Conducted branding campaigns with New York State’s energy office that boosted recognition of the ENERGY STAR label to 90% in that state as well as ENERGY STAR product sales.
• Produced #2 greatest commercial in world—CBS World’s Greatest Commercials primetime 2002.
Marketing Communications Consultant
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Broadcast Media industry
1995 – 1998 (3 years)
Strategic planning, positioning, partnerships, and marketing communications plans and execution for clients. Developed marketing plan to quickly increase audience and cable carriage for the launch of Discovery's Animal Planet--fastest growing cable TV network of that era--and launch of Discovery's big-screen businesses: first feature film in movie theaters & early work on IMAX. Other clients: BellSouth and the BellSouth Foundation (positioning company and its foundation on education and technology and work on-site at Education Summit), National Endowment for the Arts, NWF, IOMAI biotech firm, restaurant, Klemm Analysis Group statistical analysis and expert witness firm, Whelan group worldwide business writing training, and News USA media distribution company.
Animal Tracks (environmental education operating foundation)
1993 – 1995 (2 years)
Managed environmental education operating foundation which originated as "green marketing" consumer program by Wal-Mart. Reported to high-profile CEO board. Managed $1 million budget, 7 staff, 20 outside vendors/contractors, 6 product licensing and sales contracts. Accomplishments: Expanded marketing and distribution channels for its educational program by 6.5 million people through merger with 4 million-member national organization, endorsements by five associations representing 2.4 million educators, and corporate sponsorship to reach 100,000 classrooms.
VP, Corporate Communications
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Media Production industry
1986 – 1992 (6 years)
Officer and executive committee member of $300 million private corporation in broadcasting industry. Provided counsel to CEO and board on communications, marketing, crisis management, and public policy. Dealt with issues facing the corporation and media industry—increased competition, changing technology, strategic planning, station relations, programming rights, ancillary income, financial, legal, legislative, regulatory matters. Reported to President. Represented organization to public. Managed budgets from $650,000 to some $1 million and three direct managerial reports. Selected accomplishments:
• Devised external strategy which garnered additional $200 million from Congress to replace public radio and television satellites despite tight financial climate and political attacks.
• Boosted audience figures 25-50 percent in selected local markets for National Public Radio's top news programs, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, with a PR and multimedia campaign.
• Secured national program underwriting support of Fortune 500 company and 2 million-member association.
• Staged events for opinion leaders—members of Congress, business leaders, media, arts—to demonstrate public broadcasting's leadership in emerging technologies, such as high definition television (HDTV).
• Produced international marketing materials to increase awareness and purchase of public television programs abroad, expand international co-productions, and offset increasing programming costs.
• Spearheaded public outreach campaigns on health and education—AIDS, drug abuse, child health and safety, environment, literacy, mentoring—combining programming, collateral materials, organizational partnerships.
Rozanne Weissman's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Rozanne Weissman's Skills & Expertise
- Marketing Communications
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Profit/Nonprofit Partnerships
- Strategic Plans
- Press Releases
- Public Speaking
- Website Development
- Crisis Communications
- Media Relations
- Integrated Marketing
- Corporate Communications
- Strategic Communications
- New Media
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Media
- Market Research
- Digital Strategy
- Message Development
Rozanne Weissman's Education
BSJ, Liberal arts -- English, journalism, PR
Graduated with honors.
Activities and Societies: National Honor Society, IODA, reporter on college newspaper, occasional writer for local newspaper, Sunday school teacher, senior dorm officer.
Rozanne Weissman's Additional Information
Creating and managing consumer campaigns which create measurable change. Integrating traditional and complementary medicine. The arts -- theater, film, dance, music. Travel, nature, the outdoors, good friends, wonderful family.
- Groups and Associations:
Public Relations Society of America, International Association of Business Communicators, Advertising Federation/DC Ad Club, American Marketing Association, ASAE.
- Honors and Awards:
60+ national, international, and regional awards in communications, marketing, and advertising.
Contact Rozanne for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Rozanne Weissman’s full profile to...
- See who you and Rozanne Weissman know in common
- Get introduced to Rozanne Weissman
- Contact Rozanne Weissman directly