New business development and deal expert.
- Greater New York City Area
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
|Recommendations||15 people have recommended Rob|
Join LinkedIn and access Rob's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Rob directly
Develops new business opportunities and makes complex deals happen in the technology sector. Interdisciplinary background in venture investing, corporate innovation, entrepreneurial ventures, and Board level governance. Deep expertise in spinning startups out of institutional research labs. Coach and mentor to innovators and entrepreneurs.
Advisor to entrepreneurs, corporates, and universities on topics related to commercializing innovation through startups: company formation, business strategy, executive recruitment and team building, technology spinouts, strategic venture investing, fundraising, and business development. Examples include:
* a large Japanese technology company interested in corporate venture capital,
* a consultancy seeking to commercialize an internally developed B2B software/big data product,
* an ed tech startup,
* a green energy startup,
* an innovative graduate school of technology and business (joint venture of two of the world's most prestigious universities), and
* a med tech startup founded by a post doc from that school
Developed opportunity to form and spin this mobile app company out of IDEO when it was a two person project at concept stage. With the world’s first personalized food scores and recommendations based on each user’s specific dietary profile, the ShopWell app helps people make informed decisions about the food they eat and has over a million downloads. Food producers and retailers will be able to use ShopWell to connect with target consumers, motivate trial and reward brand loyalists, as well as gain insights about why consumers buy. Led CEO recruitment, guided business strategy and team building, secured feature PR coverage, led successful syndication, collaborated with CEO on partnership and M&A discussions, stepped in as part-time CEO at the request of the Board. As CEO:
• Refactored operating plan, and raised bridge funding while keeping core team together and functioning at a high level.
• Focused product development and drove quick release of key features including consumer rewards, gaming dynamics, and user generated content. Resulted in record-setting metrics for acquisition and retention.
• Demonstrated monetization potential by generating first revenue.
• Identified new and existing relationships for M&A. Quickly initiated discussions and focused on highest potential acquirers.
• Led negotiations with HarvestMark management and board as well as ShopWell’s own board and investors. Closed sale seven months after taking over for 2x bridge investors’ money.
Collaborate closely with industry leaders and conference producers to steer the growth of the primary annual gathering for executives focused on corporate venturing, innovation, and strategic investing around the world.
Co-founded this independent venture capital firm with unique expertise in creating and spinning startups out of large corporate technology firms to realize value from innovation. Focus primarily on software and systems for consumer and enterprise markets.
Launched and serve on boards of several startups including Liquavista B.V. (first spinout from Philips, acquired by Samsung) and Vidus Ltd. (spinout from British Telecom acquired by @Road – ARDI in NVP’s first cross-border exit), ShopWell (spinout from IDEO, acquired by HarvestMark) and TimeSight Systems.
Honored by the New Jersey Technology Council as a Finalist for Financier of the Year in 2010.
Created and spun out startups based on Bell Labs technology with a primary focus on software including operating systems, middleware, and network management.
Designed business strategies and resolved operational problems for leading high technology, retailing, and industrial companies. Focused primarily on growth opportunities in changing markets.
Atomic capitalism on the mean streets of the big city.
- Venture Capital
- Corporate Development
- Private Equity
- Strategic Partnerships
- Business Strategy
- Business Development
- Mobile Devices
- Product Management
- Due Diligence
- Venture Financing
- Start-up Ventures
- Growth Capital
- New Ventures
- Early Stage Companies
- New Venture Development
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Managing Start-ups
- Angel Investing
- Business Planning
- See 12+ See less
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Principal: New Venture Partners LLC
Manager New Ventures - North America at 3M
Founder and Managing Partner at Emerald Stage2 Ventures
RVP, Partner, Coach, Advisor, Leader
Partner and co-founder at AlphaPrime Ventures
Founder/Managing Director at Allegis Capital
Executive Director, NYU Entrepreneurial Institute at New York University
Find a different Rob Rosenberg
Greater New York City Area
Greater Chicago Area
United States ElderCare Referral Agency
Orange County, California Area
CEO at Green Rose Production Inc
Greater New York City Area
Sales Director at Ditech Mortgage Corp
Greater Chicago Area