University at Buffalo
Director Non Profit Organization Management, Volunteer & Consult
|Recommendations||9 people have recommended Robert W|
Join LinkedIn & access Robert W's full profile
Connected leader in the veteran movement. Leader in the non-profit organization of movement. I volunteer, assist and consult on projects on a case by case scenario to help non-profit organizations be successful to advocate the best interests of veterans, military personnel and their families.
-Assist in representing Veterans and their families with claim for benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs & other Government Agencies.
-Assist Veterans and families in filing claims for disability compensation, pension, vocational rehabilitation, employment, education, home loan guaranty, life insurance, death benefits, health care and more.
-Provided information and education in one on one counseling with veterans and families about benefits available that they may be entitled and are not aware of.
-Assisted on multiple levels at chapter and state level programs.
-Provided community outreach.
-Assist in the training of some colleague service officers.
Assigned committee members to moderate the VMW’s online veteran services discussions
Prepared articles for a quarterly online newsletter concerning benefits
Assisted and educated military, veterans and their dependents in filing claims for benefits to include Department of Veterans Affairs; disability compensation, pension(s), vocational rehabilitation, employment, home loan guarantee certificates, life insurance, death benefits, health care eligibility and military discharge reviews
Acted as a Benefits liaison between the VA and VMW
Attended any pertinent benefits conference in DC to further VMW’s presence on Capitol Hill
Assisted in various community outreach programs
Monitored progress of committee projects/ assignments, and lead meetings
Acted in an active role in brainstorming and making recommendations
Acted as a webmaster for the organization's webpage and social platforms to include Facebook, Twitter and MyVetwork.
* Ensured accurate and timely processing of shipments for a wide range client base.
* Created customs entries through proper selection of client and client records, interpretation of documentation for all clients’ shipments, in a one-step process.
* Ensured correct value for duty is reported based on invoice details and terms of sale.
* In a professional manner, contacted client / carrier for missing documentation, information or instructions necessary to release a shipment.
* Verified documentation for release conditions and compliance.
* Ensured that all LI,I SOP’s and Business Rules are adhered to following special client instructions, Notes and Alerts. Identified those that have become outdated or ineffective, making recommendations for change.
* Researched and responded to straight-forward requests for information in a professional manner
* Prioritized and completed work according to client demands, Customs requirements and Livingston standards.
* Consistently meet or exceeds productivity and quality standards expected.
* Assisted in problem solving to complete entry summary and billing.
* Participated fully with other team members in the day-to-day operation of the team, included setting priorities, organizing and scheduling work, coordinating with others, problem-solving and decision-making, participated in meetings and handling special projects/other duties as assigned.
Government Asset Mangement
Assistant ComSec Custodian
worked on TOC and TAIS Systems for US Army 1st Cav
Liaison with Huntsville Redstone Arsenal and Fort Hood
Activities and Societies: WKSE BUFFALO Promotions Internship
WNYO FM-Oswego, WJPZ FM-Syracuse, WZZZ AM,
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
attorney at Law Office of Martin Pappaterra
Promoting one of Philly's Best Mass Tort Firms
Executive Director at Bancroft
Owner, DJS Associates, Inc.
LEGAL NURSE & MIDWIFERY EXPERT WITNESS & CONSULTANT
Owner at Largemoor Film & Digital Services, Inc.
Attorney at Law
Travel Agent at Travel 15 Ltd.