Chief Human Resources Officer at Emergency Medical Associates (EMA)
- Greater New York City Area
- Medical Devices
Robert Levy's Overview
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Emergency Medical Associates (EMA)
Robert Levy's Summary
HR leader with diverse industry experience accomplished in delivering high impact programs and practices aligned with key business strategies for global organizations. Trusted advisor recognized for strong consulting, technical, leadership and change management skills. Demonstrated success in effectively partnering with leadership teams in implementing best-in-class human resources and talent management initiatives improving efficiency, reducing costs, and enhancing business performance for fast-paced, dynamic cultures. Domestic and international expertise with large, mid-size and start-up company experience.
• Strategic HR Business Partner
• Workforce Planning and Recruiting
• Re-engineering HR Processes
• Leading Global Project Teams
• Organization Development and Effectiveness
• Developing Compensation/Incentive Plans
• Employee Relations/Performance Management
• Merger and Integration of Operations
Robert Levy's Experience
Chief Human Resources Officer
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Medical Practice industry
April 2012 – Present (2 years 6 months)
Reporting to the CEO, function as a strategic business partner for 900-employee, health care practice management company. Responsible for leading all human resources functions and strategy aligned with the overall business plan and direction of the organization. Specific focus areas include talent acquisition and management, change management, learning and performance management, organization effectiveness, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; IART; Medical Devices industry
May 2007 – April 2012 (5 years)
Human Resources Leader, North America (promoted 2009)
Senior HR Director, Global Operations
Strategic HR business leader to senior leadership. Directed all HR generalist, staffing, learning and organization development, performance and talent management, compensation, change management and employee relations functions for North America organizations. Manage staff.
• Re-engineered and upgraded staffing processes including implementing leading edge applicant tracking and sourcing approach and behavioral, competency based interview selection tools.
• Designed and implemented talent management strategy including GE style “Session C “ talent assessment and review program significantly enhancing leadership succession plans and bench strength, performance management results and retention of high potential leaders through comprehensive development and rotation programs.
• Partnered with senior leaders and led HR teams in upgrading and integration of HR programs, processes and operations.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BOC; Chemicals industry
August 2005 – May 2007 (1 year 10 months)
BOC GROUP (Global Industrial Gas Manufacturer,acquired by the Linde Group 2007) Murray Hill, NJ
Human Resources Director, Americas, Industrial and Special Product Group
Accountable for leading human resources and talent management initiatives for three distinct businesses in North and South America (2000 employees, 800m revenue). Report to the President and act as strategic partner to regional leadership teams in staffing, organizational/talent capability and effectiveness, change management, HR planning and leadership development.
• Led the organization and management review process encompassing an in depth review of the organization’s management capability, succession plans and talent development requirements.
• Project managed the U.S. sales force capability initiative encompassing sales process and organization optimization and targeted sales force training.
• Led the redesign of the compensation strategy and practices for the Canadian business.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; PFE; Pharmaceuticals industry
April 2004 – August 2005 (1 year 5 months)
Manage HR shared services function including all staffing, employee relations, HR policies, HRIS, budget and compliance for site manufacturing and research operation. Supervise HR associates.
• Re-engineered staffing processes and strategy creating responsive, client focused, high performing sourcing and recruiting operation successfully filling over 600 management, professional and non-exempt positions annually.
• Implemented competency based assessment and selection tools aligned with team based panel interview process.
• Created employee relations function proactively addressing employee and performance issues reducing discrimination/harassment claims and legal exposure.
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; SYM999; Chemicals industry
July 2001 – January 2004 (2 years 7 months)
Symrise (Global Flavor and Fragrance Company, sold to equity capital firm, EQT)
Managed companys U.S. HR policies, practices and initiatives including recruiting, performance management, learning and organization development, employee relations, compensation, HRIS and benefits for this European based flavor and fragrance company. Supervision of staff.
Developed performance management process tightly linking organization goals, team/individual objectives and results to redesigned compensation practices.
Consultant to management in successfully reducing employee discrimination/harassment claims and legal exposure through employee relations awareness training and proactively addressing employee relations issues.
Introduced a continuous learning and development approach based on core competencies and organizational needs, enhanced the breath and variety of learning interventions available.
Completely revised companys HR policies and practices to ensure alignment with business objectives and culture.
Senior HR Business Partner
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; T; Telecommunications industry
June 1989 – July 2001 (12 years 2 months)
Senior Human Resources Business Partner 2000 2001
Provided global workforce planning and staffing management for the Wireless Networks Group. Effectively forecasted, acquired and deployed resources through hiring, contracting, partnering/outsourcing. Senior HR Partner for the CFO group and Senior Leadership Technology Board.
Senior Human Resources Manager 1997 2000
Developed and implemented HR processes to improve the quality, speed and operational effectiveness of specific human resources organizations.
International Human Resources Business Partner 1992 1997
Accountable for international HR programs and practices for the Network Systems Group, focusing on new country start up operations, global staffing and local country programs in China, India, UK, Netherlands, France, Saudi Arabia, Brazil.
Human Resources Manager, AT&T Capital Corporation 1990 1992
Full generalist position responsible for multiple-location AT&T Commercial Finance business unit.
Human Resources Project Manager, AT&T Capital Corporation 1989 1990
Former member and alumni of General Electric's Human Resources Leadership Development Program.
Robert Levy's Skills & Expertise
- Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Business Perspective
- Succession Planning
- Strategic Partnerships
- Performance Management
- Change Catalyst
- Flexible Approach
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Human Resources
- Personnel Management
- Change Management
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Deferred Compensation
- Organizational Development
- Temporary Placement
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Employee Benefits
- Workforce Planning
- HR Policies
- Leadership Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions