Marketing Executive and Consulting Partner at The Experience Firm
- Greater Seattle Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Robert Fields's Overview
Robert Fields' Summary
-Skills and Leadership: Experienced senior leader with years of marketing, strategy, communications, branding, and partnership experience.
-Strategy and Execution: Proven success driving higher strategy and making it happen in execution.
-Global Experience: Deep global experience from driving global marketing for many years, most recently for a foreign-based company.
-Leader/Manager: Skilled leader who has led large direct-report teams as well as global-virtual teams. I have led marketing at both large and smaller companies
-Resourceful: Very well versed in getting a lot done with the resources at hand and I've grown marketing budgets through “seed and feed” programs.” I not only know how to lead the marketing and communications, but I enjoy getting my “hands dirty.”
-Partnerships: Deep partnership experience and skilled win-win negotiator. I led one of the world’s largest partner marketing relationships between Intel and Dell; and I did it from both sides of the relationship. At HTC, I led all global co-marketing relationships with partners like Qualcomm, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and more.
-Demand Generation: Proven experience driving customer engagement and desire for products and services.
-Great Agency Experience: Before joining the corporate side, I spent several years on the marketing & advertising agency side driving success for a multitude of clients in all different categories. Having been on both the corporate and agency sides of marketing, I am uniquely adept at leading external agencies and partners to return the best work.
Robert Fields' Experience
Marketing Consultant/ Owner
Self-Employed; Myself Only; Marketing and Advertising industry
August 2013 – Present (1 year 2 months) Greater Seattle Area
Utilizing my years of experience creating and executing marketing in the digital and traditional communications space on a contract consulting basis while pursuing my next career move.
Send me a note, I'd love to help you.
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
January 2014 – Present (9 months) Austin, Texas Area
The Experience Firm is a word-of-mouth marketing firm committed entirely to helping companies do things worth talking about.
Senior Director Global Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TAIEX:2498; Wireless industry
November 2011 – August 2013 (1 year 10 months) Greater Seattle Area
- Drove consumer marketing and campaigns for global initiatives including Windows Phone 8X/8S by HTC marketing plan and execution. Wrote successful pitch presented to Microsoft for making HTC Windows phone the signature series of Microsoft. Drove global HTC marketing execution which led to the largest increase YoY adoption of Windows Phones for HTC/Microsoft.
- Owned global marketing strategy and relationship with Microsoft, Qualcomm, Facebook, Google, and Corning Gorilla Glass resulting in an increased marketing budget of more than $100 million.
- Crafted branding and global product naming including development and implementation of the flagship HTC One brand, which allowed focus on marketing a singular brand and alleviated marketing budget bifurcation driving a 180% increase in brand recognition.
Marketing Consultant/ President
Privately Held; Myself Only; Marketing and Advertising industry
December 2008 – November 2011 (3 years) Austin, Texas Area
Independent marketing and marketing communications consulting, highlights:
- Dell Computers 7/10 to 1/11: 6-month contract with the Employee/Member Purchase Team
o Doubled portal partners participating in the member purchase program (MPP) which increased customer audience by 23 million and drove revenue of more than $8 million a quarter
o Surpassed Dell’s usual ROI results by 12 times. Driving more than 600 million impressions, 200K clicks, and $500K in revenue all in just 104 days by the way I created and implemented MPP’s Facebook social media advertising campaign.
- Absolute Software 4/09 to 11/09: Interim Global Director of Consumer Marketing
o Responsible for all global marketing and online sales demand generation including driving introductory product launch into EMEA and the marketing integration with the joint product launch with Intel.
o Drove a 3-to-1 ROI on spend and broke company sales records for consumer division by besting all time high day, week, and quarter online sales numbers by implementing a company-first radio and direct-response campaign and working with external sales team to develop and support innovative programs for channel partners at OEMs, retail, and online to drive bundling, attach, and promotional opportunities.
US Marketing Director of Advertising and Partner Marketing
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DELL; Information Technology and Services industry
December 2006 – December 2008 (2 years 1 month) Round Rock, Texas
- Managed US Small & Medium business advertising and partner marketing teams and led relationships with our creative and media agencies in the planning, development and execution of numerous multi-million dollar integrated campaigns.
- Increased customer brand engagement by 400% and surpassed YoY and QoQ sales growth by implementing never-done-before innovative programs like the Dell’s sponsorship and involvement in A&E’s “We Mean Business” television series with corresponding Dell microsite.
- Broke revenue goals by 200% leading communication strategy and implementation of Dell’s new small business “Vostro” brand and Dell’s “We Believe” campaign supported with full TV/radio and a takeover of Time Square and the Major League Baseball All-Star game for a coast-to-coast launch.
-Led acquisition and implementation of millions of dollars of marketing development funding from partner companies. Broke all dollar attainment targets. Obtained unprecedented numbers effectively doubling the marketing budget when managing the US SMB partner marketing team. Also led the transition plan taking regionally based partner marketing to global marketing.
Sr. Communications Director, Co-Marketing Partner Manager, Global Account Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; INTC; Semiconductors industry
April 2000 – October 2006 (6 years 7 months) Hillsboro, Oregon
- Drove two new launch products to #1 in the world while leading the communications team for the consumer focused Connected Product Division; launching an unprecedented 13 products in one year.
- Led communications strategy and co-marketing arrangements with Intel software partners; Disney, Atari, Sony, Yahoo, Microsoft, EA, Infograms, LucasArts, etc. Created the Intel Inside like “Intel Identifier Program,” a program specific for game developers and software providers, attaining more than 2500 participants within the first year and a half.
- Led the billion-dollar worldwide partner marketing team for the Intel Inside Program to Dell; the world’s largest computer manufacturer and largest participant in the program
Group Account Director, Team Leader
April 1999 – April 2000 (1 year 1 month) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
- Hired to lead and repair strained client relationship with agency's third largest client, which became agency's largest within six months.
- Led team of 25 from creative, public relations, media, and account service, while leading the acquisition of three new clients.
- Headed agency's new business efforts and developed corporate action plan for acquiring new business, which produced 14 new clients and a projected yearly revenue of $50 million.
Clients: Maytag/Jenn-Air/Magic Chef, Bell Industries, Hoosier Park, a Churchill Downs Race Track, Aearo Safety Products, Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens
Group Account Supervisor, Team Leader
April 1996 – April 1999 (3 years 1 month) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
- Hired to repair relationship with troubled client, became highest billing account within a year; while driving a 500% increase in client revenue from targeted campaign execution.
- Directed team of creative, public relations, media, and account service in all facets of marketing communications for clients multiple accounts, up to 5 at a time, with more than 65 client contacts.
- Personally conducted “Audience Profiling” research for clients with more than 100 target participants; leading to valuable insights producing campaigns that drove a 3X in ROI attainment.
- Led team's new business efforts and gained 8 new accounts in 2 years. Achieved 110% to plan on gross income generation goals and drove to 143% of plan on total billing goals.
Clients: Life Technologies, Bayer Corporation, Illinois Power, AVL Scientific Corporation, AVL-Roche Diagnostics Global Alliance, Spectral Diagnostics, Peter's Restaurant & Bar, Technical Chemicals & Products, Inc., Geothermal Heat Pump consortium
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
April 1992 – April 1996 (4 years 1 month) Houston, Texas Area
- Drove account relationship for Compaq Computer Corporation consumer and commercial divisions in traditional media; leading to a revision of all POP/retail merchandising driving a 3x engagement score on deliverables.
- Helped Compaq's website team launch the very first implementation of Compaq.com.
- Drove relationship with Compaq Works factory outlet, producing more than 50 “million-dollar” day record breaking promotional sales events
Clients: Compaq Computer Corporation, Compaq Works Factory Outlet, Dr. Pepper, Igloo Products, KFC, D.A.R.E., Houston Chronicle
1991 – 1991 (less than a year)
advertising analytics billboards blog brand building brand management branded entertainment brochures budget catalogs circulars collateral design community building consumer electronics consumer segmentation content strategy corporate ID creative director CRM customer acquisition demand generation digital marketing direct mail ecommerce e-commerce e-mail email marketing gaming marketing global marketing go-to-market GTM strategy high-tech integrated marketing interactive lead generation lifecycle management manuals market position marketing strategy marketplace measurement messaging microprocessor mobile technology newsletters online advertising package design PR presentations press releases pricing print product marketing public relations retail revenue growth sales search SEM strategy SEO strategy social media sponsorships strategic partnerships technology telecommunications television tracking user testing video production wireless
Robert Fields' Volunteer Experience & Causes
Robert Fields' Honors and Awards
Vice President's Award 2007Dell
Highest award in marketing at Dell for the launch of the "We Believe in Small Business" campaign and the work supporting the brand new Vostro product line launch.
Intel Co-marketing Partner Award 2008Intel Corporation
For driving the “Best Co-marketing campaign in the Intel Inside Program’s History”
Robert Fields' Skills & Expertise
- Integrated Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Product Marketing
- Demand Generation
- Digital Marketing
- Product Management
- B2B Marketing
- Multi-channel Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Competitive Analysis
- Partner Marketing
- Product Launch
- Strategic Partnerships
- Social Media
- Brand Management
- Market Research
- Direct Marketing
- Online Advertising
- Strategic Communications