Georgia Southern University
Dick's Sporting Goods Manager
|Recommendations||18 people have recommended Richard|
Join LinkedIn & access Richard's full profile
Passionate Multi-unit manager with a demonstrative track record of driving bottom line profitability in high pressure environments through innovative coaching, talent development and leadership. Fast track career across Department Store, Sporting Goods and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Extremely results-oriented and proactive in addressing and resolving problems. Multiple years of retail experience managing diverse teams through changing business trends and driven to improve profitability.
• Multi-Unit Management
• P&L Accountability
• Employee Training and Development
• New Store Openings
• Crisis Management
• Shrink Control
• Inventory Management
• Communication Strategy and Implementation
• Sales Management
• People Development
• Customer Experience Focused
- Accountable for the financial results across the Services Business for a district of 14 locations.
- Analyzed and adjusted labor productivity to ensure "Best Trained, Best Staffed and Best Availability" associates to meet peak customer demands.
- Led comprehensive training for all managers in new innovative services initiatives and SOP.
- Supported Territory of 122 locations in product in-stocks, assortment decisions, product life cycle and overall store logistics.
- Liaison for stores to corporate teams for promotional in-stocks and aging inventory in Gaming, Appliances, Home Theater and Digital Imaging.
- Analyzed and controlled labor budgets and recommending adjustments based on productivity.
- Oversaw and resolved customer out of stocks on major purchases.
- Implemented cost reducing efficiencies in assortment and aged inventory in small market stores,
- Coached managers in the "Why and How" of effective inventory management.
- Directed customer experience, shrink and P&L improvements across 16 stores.
- Reduced shrink through storewide training and driving a shrink awareness culture.
- Developed and implemented new warehouse standards within the stores to improve productivity and overall efficiency.
- Streamlined receiving process to reduce redundancies.
- Inspected and coached store teams on merchandising opportunities in planograms, down stocking and pricing standards.
- Received Staff Member of the Year Recognition in 2010 and 2011.
- Opened 8 stores as a GM.
- Delivered sales results of over $40M by focusing on the customer and employee experience.
- Led the total store restoration after a devastating hurricane to include construction, store resets, merchandising and re-grand opening in 7 weeks. My efforts led to being awarded the only " Excellence of Leadership" award ever given by Best Buy. Implemented innovative talent retention strategies that kept over 98% of employees.
- Invited and served on the 25 member Retail Leadership Forum, a partnership between corporate and field, to improve internal communication and solve critical business problems.
- Launched and grand opened stores in two new markets
- Drove new business through coordinating team sales purchases through schools and athletic coaches.
- Improved apparel merchandising standards by implementing a daily walk and recovery standards.
- Rapid advancement from Assistant Buyer to Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Distribution Center Manager and Merchandise Manager.
- Instrumental in Grand Opening the only standalone Macy's Furniture store.
- Converted 5,000 square foot section of one store into a Macy's Clearance Outlet serving greater Atlanta.
Assisted with grant funding and support in the community
Received for outstanding leadership during the crisis and rebuilding of a store after a devastating hurricane. This award is only given to one individual a year.
Awarded for demonstrating outstanding support for the stores.
Awarded for outstanding support to the stores during the previous year.
Group Team Manager at Lowell Group
Hull, United Kingdom
Support Consultant at TEKsystems
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Governance, Risk and Compliance Recruiter
Manchester, United Kingdom
Entertainment for Exclusive Parties and Corporate Events. Creative Consultant, Performer, Speaker
San Luis Obispo, California Area
Retail Management Professional at Best Buy Co.
Experienced District Leader and High Volume Retail Manager.
District Manager at Harbor Freight Tools
Regional Manager at Apple
Professional Human Resource Manager
Bank of America
Interactive Technology Support - Market ITT
District Sales Manager at Best Buy
General Manager at Polo Ralph Lauren
Territory Manager - Client Services