Senior IT Manager | IT Director | Systems Administrator | IT Infrastructure Architect
- Greater Denver Area
- Information Technology and Services
Ric Hoerter's Overview
- IT Field Support Manager - Americas Region at MWH
- IT Engagement Manager at MWH Global
- Senior IT Manager at Earth Tech
- Network Administrator at Canonie Environmental Services Corporation
Ric Hoerter's Summary
Experienced IT Manager with success bringing solutions to a wide range of IT operational and administrative activities while participating in the planning, analysis and implementation of various IT initiatives. Extensive experience working on projects with managers and team members, from within both IT and business departments, to ensure that both technical and project requirements are being met.
SELECT ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND SKILLS
• Formed an in-depth understanding of all levels of IT functions having varied from entry level to managing a large, multi-location, IT department and working extensively in both the management and technical aspects of IT over the course of my career.
• Built an effective, cost-efficient, centralized Desktop deployment and support organization, procuring, configuring and deploying hardware and software for 5000 global end-users at Earth Tech.
• Implemented Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Service Manager (SCSM) for software deployment, Operating System deployment and incident and problem management at MWH.
• Deployed and managed a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution through testing, regional and global rollouts.
• Developed staff to fill Regional Management and senior level technical support positions from within the existing IT organization as well as hiring staff to fill vacancies that became open.
• ITIL v3 Certified
Ric Hoerter's Experience
IT Field Support Manager - Americas Region
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Civil Engineering industry
September 2007 – October 2013 (6 years 2 months) Broomfield, CO
Managed a team responsible for providing tier 2 support for the North American offices of MWH. When first moving to this role the support queue of incidents was over 500 tickets, within 6 months the queue was reduced and being maintained at under 80 with all Service level targets being met. In this role:
• Provided office level support for approximately 2500 users in over 70 offices and over 50 project sites in North America.
• Supported end-user computers (PC and some MAC), LAN (wired and wireless), Printers, and File and Print Servers.
• Developed, maintained, and supported automated Operating system deployments using Microsoft System Center Configuration manager (SCCM). Supported global deployment infrastructure.
• Installed and supported standard applications (MS Office, Adobe CS, VPN, Symantec Enterprise Protection) as well as a wide range of common and specialized engineering and productivity software using a combination of automation through SCCM and manual processes.
• Deployed and supported Mobile devices including feature phones, smartphones and tablets.
• Worked with Hardware vendors to evaluate and specify standard and nonstandard computing equipment.
• Developed processes with Printing Equipment vendors to supply and maintain Printers and Multi-Function Devices (MFD) to regional offices.
• Assisted in the implementation of a 24/7 global help desk by providing training and documentation during the initial phase and later support for escalations and continuous improvement of processes.
IT Engagement Manager
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Civil Engineering industry
September 2007 – May 2008 (9 months) Broomfield, CO
Served as the Point of Contact for the IT department when interfacing with internal business units. Responsibilities included understanding the needs of the various supported business units, using that knowledge to develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD), and propose IT solutions. Solutions could vary from identifying the correct commercial software or service, engaging an external service provider for a custom solution or working with internal IT to develop a solution.
For more complex projects, duties would also include the generating of a Statement of Work (SOW) and obtaining approval through the Change Management process.
Senior IT Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; ACM; Environmental Services industry
December 1997 – June 2007 (9 years 7 months) Englewood, CO
Managed an IT department and budget with a staff of over 30, supporting nearly 5000 computers in 150 offices and project sites throughout the US and Canada. Responsibilities of the department included Help Desk, Desktop Support, and Server Administration. In this role:
• Worked as a member of the Senior Leadership team to develop Global Support practices and procedures.
• Implemented and managed a Help Desk system for Global operations and the migration of the live system to a different product as needs expanded.
• Specified and maintained computer, server, and print device standards. Identified and procured non-standard equipment.
• Developed and maintained global computer images so that equipment could be delivered directly from our vendor pre-configured with a standard operating system configuration and applications to all locations enterprise-wide.
• Responsible for operation of the Corporate Data Center.
• Managed office startups, moves, and closures including deployment of Servers, LAN and WAN infrastructure and Phone systems.
• Led the IT integration of several mergers and acquisitions (M&As).
• Worked as a representative of Earth Tech on the Technology committee of the parent company (Tyco) to evaluate Hardware and Software vendors and to Execute contracts with those selected.
• Managed application standards and End-User training.
Canonie Environmental Services Corporation
August 1987 – October 1997 (10 years 3 months)
Specified, procured, and installed Local-Area-Networks for several offices nationwide. Maintained and supported LAN/WAN hardware, software, and PC’s for the Construction Division offices (four office sites in three states including 200 nodes). Deployed computer systems to office locations and field sites and served as support for corporate manager of information systems. Designed and managed analytical databases for various superfund sites, each consisting of several hundred thousand records.
Provide drafting support for the Construction Division offices including all civil and architectural drawings. Work with engineers and designers in the design of complex, multi-disciplinary projects including; water treatment plants, landfill liners and covers, earthwork modeling, slurry walls and conveyance systems. Provide graphics for proposals, reports, presentations, and public meetings. Supervise drafting staff for offices in three states.
Ric Hoerter's Certifications
ITIL Foundations v3
Ric Hoerter's Skills & Expertise
- Data Center
- Project Portfolio Management
- Vendor Management
- Process Improvement
- Business Analysis
- IT Strategy
- Staff Management
- Program Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Windows Server
- IT Management
- Project Delivery
- Project Management
- MS Project
- Project Planning
- Disaster Recovery
- Microsoft Office
- IT Service Management
- Active Directory
- Incident Management
- Supervisory Skills
- Change Management
- Software Documentation
- Technical Support
Ric Hoerter's Education
Ric Hoerter's Additional Information
Contact Ric for:
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Ric Hoerter’s full profile to...
- See who you and Ric Hoerter know in common
- Get introduced to Ric Hoerter
- Contact Ric Hoerter directly