Vice President; BPM COE
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Computer Software
Rawich Poomrin's Overview
- Vice President; Business Process Management Center of Excellence (BPM COE) at Bank of America
- Senior Consultant - Professional Services Team at Savvion Inc
- Development Manager at Bangkok Software International
- Chief Engineer and Consultation Manager at ANEW Corporation
- Editor in Chief at AR Information and Publication (ARiP)
- King Mongkut's University of Technology - Thonburi
Rawich Poomrin's Summary
• 15 years of experience in delivering successful Business Process Management (BPM) solutions for enterprises in various industries including investment and retail banking, telecom, and high tech.
• Extensive IT experience including BPM product vendor, large financial organizations, independent software vendor (ISV), Internet service provider, and print media (BYTE, PC Magazine, eWeek).
• Specialize in strategy and implementation initiatives. Specific areas of expertise include: Employee-facing processes for compliances, cost reductions, productivity improvements, and increasing employee satisfactions, BPM product selections, customizations and integrations with legacy and SOA (service-oriented architecture) systems, user interface/experience (UI & UX) and BPM application migrations.
• Experienced in helping departments and line of businesses achieve their business strategies using emerging and innovative technologies and design approaches with the deep understanding of multiple functional disciplines including business process analysis, enterprise architecture, IT operating model and services management, off the shelf software, custom application development, and platform resiliency.
• Experienced in managing and mentoring small and large teams including on/off-shore and third party consulting resources to deliver complex projects.
• Successfully delivered vendor-agnostic BPM solutions for improved development productivity, simplified resource acquirement, and reduced risk in case of product migrations.
• Products and technologies experiences: Savvion BusinessManager (human-centric BPM), WebSphere Process Server (WPS; an integration-centric BPM, currently known as IBM Business Process Manager), Appian BPM Suite, SOA Integration, Java/J2EE/EJB, MVC, Spring Framework, Hibernate, iBATIS (MyBatis), Oracle DBMS, WebLogic Application Server, WebSphere Application Server, Apache Ant, XML, Eclipse, ClearCase.
Rawich Poomrin's Experience
Vice President; Business Process Management Center of Excellence (BPM COE)
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BAC; Banking industry
March 2004 – Present (10 years 7 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Currently, I am working with Bank of America as BPM Architect and Technical Delivery Lead, part of Consumer Banking Technology and Operations. The BPM CoE is the group of expert BPM specialists helping multiple line-of-businesses, mostly within consumer banking space, by creating business process strategies, architect solutions, and follow through the whole lifecycles of implementation initiatives to successful process automations and transformations.
As technical delivery lead, I am providing strategic leadership to our clients with their process improvements, value realization, and prioritization of opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and increase associate satisfaction. At the same time, I also manage and mentor other team members and developers.
Being a core team member, I collaborate with other BPM experts in creating BPM strategy, selecting BPM products, qualify opportunities to engage, developing architecture principals, roadmaps, and reference patterns.
Senior Consultant - Professional Services Team
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Software industry
June 1999 – December 2003 (4 years 7 months) Santa Clara, California
Designed and developed enterprise-level BPM solutions and J2EE/EJB/Web applications for various clients such as Cisco Systems, Morgan Stanley, Intel, Sprint, etc.
Participated in all aspects of SDLC to implement Savvion BusinessManager (BPM/Workflow) solutions for clients.
Supported sale organization in pre-sale activities, especially in Proof-of-Concept (POC), strategic planning, and consultation. Provided short turnaround time for integrations with various systems including SAP, Oracle E-Business, legacy applications, etc. Worked with offshore development resources.
Bangkok Software International
January 1997 – May 1999 (2 years 5 months) Bangkok, Thailand
Designed and managed team to develop a nation-wide data acquisition system for the Ministry of Finance (Thailand), integrated legacy applications with newer client-server system. The solution for Office of Comptroller General connected 75 field offices around the country to consolidate expenditure information into general ledger systems and crosscheck for accuracy and generate reports.
Editor in Chief
AR Information and Publication (ARiP)
March 1992 – June 1995 (3 years 4 months) Bangkok, Thailand
Editor and contributor of technology magazines and newspaper including PC Magazine - Thailand, PC Week (eWeek) - Thailand, and BYTE Thailand.
Pioneer of online Bulletin Board System (BBS) for computer enthusiasts (before the popularity of Internet).
Rawich Poomrin's Languages
Rawich Poomrin's Skills & Expertise
- Business Process Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Web Services
- WebSphere Process Server
- Professional Services
- Distributed Systems
- Agile Methodologies
- Solution Architecture
- IT Strategy
- Requirements Analysis
- Software Development
- Business Process Design
Rawich Poomrin's Education
King Mongkut's University of Technology - Thonburi
Bachelor, Computer Engineering
1988 – 1992
1984 – 1988
Rawich Poomrin's Additional Information
Contact Rawich for:
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Rawich Poomrin’s full profile to...
- See who you and Rawich Poomrin know in common
- Get introduced to Rawich Poomrin
- Contact Rawich Poomrin directly