Content/Creative Exec • Tech Innovator • Project Leader Start-Up CEO • EMMY Award Winner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Denver Area
Paul Wagner's Overview
- CEO/Founder at CreativeLab.TV
- Boston College
- Xavier High School
19 people have recommended Paul
Paul Wagner's Summary
• Seasoned, dedicated & vibrant leader.
• Creator, marketer, producer, technologist & evangelist.
• Executes with precision, love & humor.
• Consults for brands, tech start-ups & education platforms on content, tech & creative.
• Extreme attention to detail, creative and how it all connects visually, mentally & emotionally.
• Creative, Tech & Marketing Direction
• Evaluate Business Goals and Plans
• Lead Creative & Design for Web & Mobile Development
• Content Writing, Directing & Producing
• Launched tech, entertainment & education start-up w/ TV legend Fred Silverman (ABC, NBC, CBS).
• Advisors incl. Michael Eisner (Disney) & Lloyd Braun (Exec on Sopranos, Seinfeld, Lost).
• Produced hundreds of videos in deals worth over $500,000 for AOL, Sprint, Verizon & more.
• Created > 2000 educational shows (live & video) for Fortune 1000 - over 300K audience.
• Sourced, coordinated & produced $2.5M content deal for Will Ferrell's FunnyOrDie.com.
• Created business vision for Asia's most successful media company & its 23 subsidiaries.
Paul Wagner's Experience
January 1998 – Present (16 years)
At The Creative Lab, we push innovation knowing full well that new ideas and change will emerge. Knowing how to swiftly adjust to these changes is the ultimate secret sauce. We advise companies from the ground up and top down on creative, branding, tech and content.
We up-level your team, polish the plan, pull the trigger and manage the flow. And we keep your newfound success in check. We help you think through everything and we give you the tools you need to make it happen. With teams based all over the world in a variety of economies, we make sure that whatever we do for you, is affordable and efficient.
• Strategist for start-up & content ventures; Creator/writer of business plans/models.
• Exec Producer, writer & director of popular and engaging short-form content that achieved millions of views across AOL, Google Video, Sprint, DivX, YouTube, Babelgum.com.
• Raised over $3.2M for tech ventures. Inventor of interactive entertainment technologies.
• Bridged relationships between major brands and key players for content development and distribution, both online and on mobile.
• Creator/Producer of a TV pilot featuring Snoop Dogg's production studio with his key producer LT Hutton. Creator/Producer/Writer of a sketch TV comedy pilot featuring rising comedy stars.
CEO, President & Co-Founder
Sole Proprietorship; 1-10 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
April 2008 – February 2012 (3 years 11 months)
CEO, President & Co-Founder: visionary, digital strategist and inventor of a unique interactive social media technology called GabCast. Originated business model, inspired executive team to join company, motivated investors to participate financially and led the development of this brand new technology. Luminary Fred Silverman is Chairman/Co-Founder. Michael Eisner (of Disney fame, Tornante) & Lloyd Braun (Lost, Sopranos) advising.
Developed the original business plan, scope of work and interactive model; Creative Directed countless design and UI mock-ups; Hand-picked a development team from around the world; Grew idea from original vision to funded operation through completion of development.
Run operations & social media strategy; oversee all aspects of technology, press, production, talent and contracting.
SVP Acquisitions and Development
January 2006 – February 2008 (2 years 2 months)
Invented a unique & complex, interactive application; ran operations; and developed a new vision for the US branch of a Norway-based publicly held company. Established and ran the US creative team, acquired content, negotiated contracts, developed plans - and then executed them. Created and implemented a plan for a high-end community of content creators to mobilize their fan bases and monetize their content. Highly unique enterprise.
Emmy Award Winning Writer/Presenter/Producer
January 1995 – December 2006 (12 years)
Create custom events, high-quality presentations and educational stage shows for Fortune 1000 companies at board meetings, award banquets, trade shows and training programs. Utilize thorough research, custom stand-up comedy, video-interactive interviews, sketches, mock-commercials and anecdotal humor about the company, their clients and employees. Create custom education modules for in-house training and company videos. Travel throughout the world as MC and Executive Producer of corporate events and training.
Children's TV Host/Writer/Producer
Broadcast Media industry
January 1990 – June 1997 (7 years 6 months) Greater Boston Area
Winner of 8 New England Emmy Awards and many other accolades including Best of Gannett, Best of Tribune and ACT Awards for content. Became local celebrity as Host, writer, comedian & segment producer of a children's TV show entitled The WLVI KIDS CLUB. Write, host and produce 30 second to 3 minute scripts highlighting warm-hearted children's education. MC events, deliver presentations to station, network management and sales teams. Greet children at events, festivals and locations throughout New England. Attend and MC charity functions on behalf of station such as the Easter Seal's Telethon and Earth Day. Host and act in TV special entitled "Janey's Junkfood Adventure." Peter Temple, General Manager, Tribune & Peter Schruth were my primary reports. Had a lovely and charismatic co-host named Elizabeth Dann; outstanding writer John Schrank; lead producer Elaine Orphanos; key executive and originator of show Ken Zuckerman. We had a great run!
PBS's Where in World is Carmen Sandiego?!
Nonprofit; 501-1000 employees; Broadcast Media industry
January 1993 – March 1995 (2 years 3 months) Greater Boston Area
I was the stage show host and stage show writer for this amazing educational game show. Show won multiple Emmy Awards for its remarkable quality. It was a blast and an honor to have this job.
KID COMPANY Radio Show - Segment Host
Public Company; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
June 1991 – January 1995 (3 years 8 months) Greater Boston Area
Wrote & hosted trivia segment on remarkable children's radio program. With President & Exec Producer Jody Snider at the helm, show won a Peabody Award for the brilliant and often heart-warming stories and reporting. Was occasional side-kick to nimble & funny host and co-Exec Josh Binswanger. A great experience.
Paul Wagner's Certifications
8 EMMY Awards
Paul Wagner's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Make A Wish Foundation, Boston MA
January 1991 – October 1993 (2 years 10 months)
Met some lovely children who touched me deeply. I'm grateful for the experience as it opened my eyes to the pain and challenges of these amazing families.
Comedian at Amma's Retreats
June 1990 – present (23 years 7 months)
- Poverty Alleviation
I create custom presentations, comedic in nature, used at the beginning of retreats, corporate events and seminars. For Amma (see Amma.org) and her organization, I created the open "act" prior to Amma beginning her retreats.
Causes I care about:
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
Organizations I support:
- Amrita University
Paul Wagner's Languages
Paul Wagner's Skills & Expertise
- Creative Development
- Team Leadership
- New Media
- Digital Media
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Modeling
- Strategic Partnerships
- Social Networking
- New Business Development
- Investor Relations
- Business Strategy
- Online Marketing
- Venture Capital
- Mobile Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Web Content Production
- Social Media
- Digital Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Web 2.0
- Online Video
- Corporate Development
- Online Advertising
- Creative Direction
- Mobile Applications
- Mobile Devices
- Content Development
- Enterprise Software
- Web Analytics
- Content Strategy
- Business Planning
- Film Actor
- Video Production
Paul Wagner's Education
Xavier High School
Paul Wagner's Additional Information
Creative thinking, writing, hiking, meditation, laughter, travel, movies.
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
• 8 Emmy Awards (New England)
• Best Video at New York Film & Video Festival
• 2 Million Downloaded Viral Comedy Videos on Google
• Golden Slate Award
• Cindy Award - Gold Certificate
• Cindy Award - Silver Certificate
• Best of Gannett
• Best of Tribune
• 2 Parent’s Choice Awards
• 4 Gold Apple Awards