Engagement Manager at EffectiveUI
|Recommendations||14 people have recommended Paul|
Join LinkedIn & access Paul's full profile
I come to work every day to build enduring client relationships and drive overall client satisfaction through resilient Agile methodologies and Sprint planning. The most exciting part of my role is in understanding and aligning project approaches to business objectives, roadmaps and success factors of my clients. I strive to be a thought leader in my space, but also to lead my project teams through strong project risk management and problem solving.
How do I lead as an Engagement Manager at Effective UI?
- Lead efforts to provide oversight regarding project resource allocation for designers, developers and customer insight consultants on web projects
- Develop control procedures for internal process improvement
- Oversee requirements definition, agile projects product backlogs and dependencies using project management tools
- Manage UX product teams and programmers over the project life cycle in daily stand-ups and weekly/bi-weekly sprints
- Develop, execute and maintain project plans for web-based projects and native applications for client program managers
- Make client-focused recommendations to the PMO regarding project management processes and cross-functional team management
- Assist product managers, tech leads and managing directors in gaining strategic consulting approaches for solving our clients toughest challenges in new business development
In our design thinking and the software development life cycle, the teams that I lead are the most brilliant developers and creative designers I have ever met. The deliverables that I contribute to supporting their work are in defining functional requirements, technical requirements, scope definition, user stories, resource plans and specific project information.
• Created, developed, and executed project management of strategic accounts to increase effectiveUI’s client success of business drivers.
• Provided leadership with clients for defining the project vision, scope, formulating and executing project plans, in conjunction with managing the cross-functional project team throughout all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Ensured the quality and success of the project deliverables by analyzing profitability, resource allocation, managing risks and project completion rate.
• Instructed and mentored a class of over 30 students on an ongoing basis.
• Examined personal financial decisions including personal taxation, housing and mortgages, consumer credit, insurance (including life, health, property and casualty) and retirement and estate planning.
• Reviewed common financial investments made by individuals, including stocks, bonds, money market and mutual funds.
• Identified, assessed and managed project risks, ensuring the success of over $2.5 million of application development and infrastructure revenue.
• Led an ad-hoc cohort of Community Involvement volunteers to improve the firm’s attractiveness through social responsibility.
• Prepared and maintained project plans, user experience design wireframes, back-end design specifications and release notes in an agile Software Development Lifecycle environment.
• Monitored costs, timescales and resources used and took action through established change management plans where work deviated from tolerances.
• Provided effective leadership to the project team, ensuring members were motivated, and developed their skills and experience.
• Recommended and implemented improvements to project management processes and tools. Assisted management with staffing, including resource planning, forecasting and recruiting.
• Managed detailed fiduciary governance and compliance requirements of retirement plan projects for its participants. Oversaw projects from RFP of plan design, to participants’ education, to sales of asset allocation analyses.
• Provided direction and set priorities for planning and budgeting. Resolved day-to-day financial program issues and customized investments. Sustained financial health, generated reliable results and enabled secure and fast throughput.
• Designed risk management tools in Microsoft Access and Excel for internal communication plan support and assisted in change management for external communications development to meet the desired goals of marketing projects.
• Portfolio project manager of 148 client accounts as financial advisor over two years, leading in negotiations to assess and manage risk for investment and insurance planning. Designed market development for diverse territories and sales channels.
• Designed and deployed marketing and client management programs. Developed community networking opportunities for prospecting through factfinding, consultative delivery, and systematic implementation of planning.
• Managed $45.8 million of life insurance face value and $456 thousand of securities and market accounts, which accomplished the management and mitigation of contractual risk as well as risk in tax, longevity, inflation and healthcare.
• Exceeded growth rate of new client development by 19% of company benchmarks by developing project planning tools for data collection, analysis, and client management.
• Managed an 18-month project to create the strategic business plan for Maritime Operations Center workflow process improvement, which resulted in a new tactical command and control structure and headquarters operations methodology at the operational level of war. Drove accelerated adoption of model through tradeshow style roll-out across the fleet.
• Developed project management tools, including risk matrix, surveys and a project database which directly contributed to successful humanitarian aid and disaster relief operations during the Haiti earthquake in 2010. Through database management, designed analytically rigorous models and simulations for US military and agencies’ decision-making.
• Site lead for custom curriculum design and integration at Fort Drum, NY. Ensured the effective selection of 10-person team, supported their retention and professional development, and conducted performance management for 24 months. Team instructed 20,000 deploying soldiers in settings of 10 person units ranging up to 500 person organizations.
• Developed a first-of-kind tabletop wargame for Navy think tank at the Surface Warfare Development Group by designing framework architecture and detailed technical writing for scenario generation. Designed an environment for real-time data collection from subject matter experts. Outcome resulted in training improvements for the think tank’s doctrine development system and ability to generate adaptive reports for leaders to use for unit training.
• Ranked number 1 of 20 junior officers in organization while leading 30 direct reports and managing $35 million of sensor equipment. Over 27 months, managed 3 incident-free hazardous material transfers.
• Operated the AEGIS Combat Weapons System as Tactical Action Officer, overseeing the activities of 25 watchstanders in the use of communications and sensor equipment.
• Developed new internal training for readiness and maintenance, and conducted the day-to-day management and personnel review and administration of division.
• Managed the tracking, training, and maintenance program of a 300 person organization and $7.7 million of land mobile radio equipment and electronic countermeasures. Resulted in casualty rate due to enemy radio-controlled devices from 75% to 13% of total incidents in the first month of performance.
• Managed Naval Officer recruiting program for Western New York and Pennsylvania region. Responsible for marketing campaign management, career counseling and consultation, and organizing and scheduling trade shows and expos for recruiting.
Deployed to Iraq in 2006 and developed a tracking, training, and maintenance program for a 300 person organization and managed $7.7 million of highly-sensitive, life-saving equipment. Result brought a casualty rate of 75% of incidents down to 13% in first month of performance.
Articulated objective recommendations in support of product management strategy. Identifyied market opportunities, defined product strategy, developed and refined a marketing plan, and established a pricing strategy. Identified additional markets and opportunities to diversify the base over a greater customers and market segments. The recommendations provided were aligned with existing conditions in the industry as well as the current state of internal resources and capabilities.
The primary goal of the project was to modernize the
appearance and functionality of the previous website. Information management, user experience and ease of navigation were of primary concern. In addition to aesthetic changes, the redesign project also included back-end changes, supported by Webmaster Michael Murphy, in order to facilitate web-enabled administration of the site.
• Presides at all meetings of the members, the Board and the Executive Committee
• Supervises and manages the Council activities and its by-laws, as well as performing such other duties at the direction of the Board
• Kept a register of 152 members.
• Sent out proper notices of all called meetings, and other special meetings when necessary.
• Conducted the correspondence of the council, and previous to each meeting, made out an order of business and kept a record of its proceedings.
With nominations from the community and selections by a committee of business leaders, the Forty Under 40 awards recognize 40 men and women under the age of 40 who have achieved professional success and made significant civic contributions to our community. The award has become a prestigious honor. Hundreds of people are nominated, and only the best of the best are recognized. This was the 20th Anniversary of the award.
Principal at Denver School
Waterloo, Iowa Area
Facility manager at The Rinx
Greater New York City Area
Global Outreach Team, Josh McDowell Ministry (a division of Campus Crusade for Christ)
Columbia, South Carolina Area
Recruiting Field Director with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Senior Counsel at EarthLink Business
Director of Program, Product and UX at Paychex
Senior Vice President of Housing, PathStone Corporation
Manager at Mengel, Metzger, Barr & Co. LLP
director at excellus bcbs
President of Flaum Management Company, Inc
Senior Director, Internal Audit at Rochester General Health System
CEO at Alternatives for Battered Women
Senior Manager at Davie Kaplan, CPA, P.C.