Paul Andre de Vera
Director, Search Engine Optimization at SmartRecruiters
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Paul Andre de Vera's Overview
- California State University-Hayward
- Adobe Training Services
Pinole Valley High School
Paul Andre de Vera's Summary
Highly professional Senior Internet Marketing Consultant and Web Developer, with proven records of internet business development, increase web traffic, keyword ranking and web design/enhancement, is seeking a career opportunity as a Web Marketing Director by utilizing hands on skills in search engine optimization, web analytics and web development.
• Results-oriented, highly creative and multitalented web developer with extensive experience in multimedia, online marketing and design.
• Deep understanding of ranking algorithms and how search engines function with proven ability to achieve #1 rankings for the most competitive keywords; current knowledge and strict adherence to SEO best practices.
• Passionate and inventive creator of innovative and aggressive online marketing strategies and campaigns.
• Accustomed to performing in deadline-driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget requirements and maximizing ROI.
• Search Engine Optimization: 12 years in-depth knowledge of all the latest aspects of on and off page SEO.
• Social Media: 10 years experience incorporating social media such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, blogging, etc., into online marketing campaigns to enhance communication between businesses and customers and to raise brand awareness.
• Project Management: 5 years proven ability to lead and manage a wide variety of SEO, online marketing and design projects in team and independent environments.
• Creative Arts: 14 years experience in professional graphic/web design and photography with expert skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Internet Marketing Promotions
Branding & Logo Designing
Market Research & Analysis
Web Design & Enhancement
PPC/Email & Mobile Marketing
Effective Interpersonal & Communication
Conscientious and trustworthy
Cost Containment / Budgeting
Complex Problem Resolver
Multi-task and Efficiency
Fine Negotiating Skills
Target Orientated & Aggressive
Highly Analytical & Organized
Paul Andre de Vera's Experience
Director, Search Engine Optimization
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
February 2014 – Present (9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
• To create a massive flow of organic traffic from all available sources that results in high quality sign ups creating an explosion of new paying customers.
• Using Google Analytics, HubSpot, Marketo, BrightEdge and Salesforce to fine tune our organic traffic with data, metrics and trends that will create a long lasting phenomenal marketing strategy.
• Doubled 1st page results in Google for tracked keywords in BrightEdge with an estimated PPC value of $200k (monthly) according to SEM Rush in 1H 2014.
• 400% increase on goal completions on product landing page in Q2 2014
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Consumer Services industry
October 2014 – Present (1 month) San Francisco Bay Area
Learning a new skill is a top priority for every aspiring individual. Yet in most cases, learning is a limited and frustrating process that consumes a lot of time and money with forgettable results: irrelevant institutional prerequisites, lack of actionable steps, and a learning process that is completely fragmented. AspiredSteps’ mission is to simplify the process to learn anything while making it accessible to earn through collective learning.
We are the industry’s first learning application that aspiring users use on a daily basis. We provide an instrumental tool for users to increase their accomplishments, acquired skills and long-term dreams. We are currently testing our beta platform to selected users.
If you would like to test and participate in our development program, please request an invite now: www.aspiredsteps.com.
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; SFSF; Computer Software industry
January 2012 – February 2014 (2 years 2 months) South San Francisco, CA
• Taking enterprise SEO to the next level and helping put the exclamation in BadAss SaaS for a rock star company!
• Assisting the web development team in debugging/problem solving website issues.
• Generating and reporting site analytics with Adobe SiteCatalyst and adding recommendations for future strategies.
• Working with PPC vendor to optimize landing pages for search engine marketing.
• Educating my peers about search engine optimization & search engine marketing
• Expert user in enterprise SEO tools such as BrightEdge and Conductor.
• Ranked keyword "HRIS" from position 89 to position 5 on Google in less than 45 days.
• Ranked 98% of all cloud related keywords on the first page of Google.
• Created a strategy which was tested through Adobe Test & Target that increased landing page conversions by 6%.
• Successfully migrating our company website into Adobe CQ5 WEM/WCM (Web Experience/Content Management)
• Successfully integrating 3rd party software into Adobe SiteCatalyst
• Increasing 1st page results in Google by 6% for tracked keywords with an estimated PPC value of $220k (monthly)
• Owning 60% of the market share over competitors for tracked keywords.
Owner / Marketing Director
Public Company; 1-10 employees; Apparel & Fashion industry
January 2006 – February 2014 (8 years 2 months) Richmond, CA
• Manage all aspects of online presence for a successful urban clothing company, which has both an online and physical location; responsibilities including online marketing, social media and ecommerce; handle all production work for web design and web development.
• Manage all PPC campaigns and ad buys in niche markets targeting streetwear and street culture.
• Achieved #1 rankings on Google, Yahoo and Bing for keywords: “streetwear,” “80s hip hop” & “neon clothes.”
• Devised a social media strategy gaining over 10,000 followers on Twitter and 6,000 Facebook page “likes.”
• Successfully ranking new clothing brands on the 1st page of Google increasing sales by 300%.
• Initiated and managed online marketing program that included SEO, social media and email campaigns delivering ROI exceeding 600% and driving over 20,000 uniques to the site in one day.
Internet Marketing Consultant
Iron Sight Group, Inc
January 2010 – January 2012 (2 years 1 month) San Francisco Bay Area
• Strategy and implementation planning for all search engine optimization, social media, and web development for clients acquired by Iron Sight Group, Inc, a marketing agency that caters to entertainment industry.
• Research online market space for each client and proposing realistic possibilities of gaining market share in their niche.
• Achieved 1st page rankings for keywords: “thai concerts” and “thai music events” for client BKK Mass Apeal; web traffic increased with an additional 200+ unique visitors a day.
• Achieved 1st page rankings for keywords “happy hour San Francisco” for Horizon Ultra Lounge, averaging more than 1000 impressions per day.
• Proven record for indexing and ranking new domains for various clients within one week.
Senior Web Specialist
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Broadcast Media industry
December 2006 – January 2012 (5 years 2 months) Redwood City, CA
• Serving as the sole webmaster and primary web developer for MYX TV, the premier Asian American entertainment and lifestyle cable network in the US broadcasted in over 6 million households across the country.
• Managing team members and bloggers both onsite and remotely for all web related issues.
• Research, analyze, and apply emerging web technologies, social media communication tools, and internet marketing best-practices to customize an internet strategy to increase channel awareness
• Managing all social media properties and creating interaction with the public to increase popularity of MYX TV (followers, likes, friends, plays, etc)
• Created a link building campaign with authoritative sites earning http://myx.tv a Google PR 5.
• With 60,000 unique visitors a month, 50% of the site’s inbound traffic is derived from organic search results; responsible for consistently increasing traffic by 5% every month.
• Achieved #1 rankings for keywords: “asian music videos”, “independent music videos”, “top 10 songs” - all ranked #1 on Google, Yahoo, and Bing in 2006 and currently holding 1st page results.
• Raised $15,000 in ticket sales within one week for a Bruno Mars concert in 2009 through SEO and social media strategies; keywords ranked: “Bruno Mars,” “Bruno Mars concert,” and “Bruno Mars San Francisco.”
• Responsible for driving over 17,000 unique visitors through social media in 1 day to ticket sales landing page for KPOP Takeover, a large Southern California event, resulting in a 10-fold increase in ticket sales.
July 2005 – 2010 (5 years) San Francisco Bay Area
• Promoted one or more special events each month. Responsibilities included scouting and negotiating prospective venues and entertainment; coordinating and hiring event staff; designing, printing and distributing flyers.
• Developed strategic guerrilla marketing plans to cover all available avenues of promotions, increasing event awareness by creating “buzz” in the streets through promotion.
• Successfully organized a collaborative event at the San Francisco Cow Palace generating over 6,000 ticket sales.
• Ranked company site papasf.com on 1st page of Google, Yahoo and Bing for keywords “San Francisco parties” and “San Francisco nightlife.”
• Ranked company mini site nyesanfrancisco.com on 1st page of Google, Yahoo and Bing for keywords “NYE San Francisco” and “New Year’s Eve San Francisco” increasing sales by 200%.
Webmaster / Content Producer / Owner
May 2004 – 2009 (5 years) San Francisco Bay Area
• Founded, developed and marketed the membership site pinays.com. Attained over 1,000 members in less than two years, attracted 150,000+ visitors per month, generated an average of $15,000 monthly in paid subscriptions and managed an affiliate network of over 100 affiliates.
Webmaster / Designer
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Events Services industry
January 1999 – December 2002 (4 years) Alamo, CA
• Designed online banners by utilizing Macromedia Flash and Adobe Photoshop.
• Maintained and updated the website regularly.
• Initiated the company’s first ecommerce platform that led to increase memorabilia sales by 150%.
Paul Andre de Vera's Skills & Expertise
- Internet Marketing
- Web Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Server Administration
- Web Analytics
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Creative Direction
- HTML + CSS
- New Business Development
- Email Marketing
- Guerrilla Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Entertainment Industry
- Event Planning
- Bulk SMS
- Word Of Mouth Marketing
- Trend Spotting
- Fashion Retail
- Fashion Photography
- Brand Development
- Brand Awareness
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Lead Generation
- Online Advertising
- Web Marketing
- Social Media
- Google Analytics
- Mobile Marketing
Paul Andre de Vera's Education
Bachelor of Arts, Design, Multimedia, Photography
1999 – 2002
Also studied Psychology & Computer Science
Adobe Training Services
SiteCatalyst User Training V15
SiteCatalyst Advanced Features & Tools
Certified Professional, Search Engine Optimization
Certification, Web Authoring
2003 – 2003
Pinole Valley High School
Class of 1997
1994 – 1997
Paul Andre de Vera's Additional Information
Contact Paul Andre for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Paul Andre de Vera’s full profile to...
- See who you and Paul Andre de Vera know in common
- Get introduced to Paul Andre de Vera
- Contact Paul Andre de Vera directly