Founder & CEO at KEDZOH
- Palo Alto, California (San Francisco Bay Area)
- Information Technology and Services
Patrick Kedziora's Overview
- Founder & CEO at Kedzoh Inc.
- Managing Director at Boilingice
- CFO & Chief Compliance Officer at South Florida Behavioral Health Network - a mid-sized health care company
- Chief Operating Officer and CFO at Barington Capital - New York City, 200 person Investment Bank, Hedge Fund, and Venture Capital firm
- New York University - Leonard N. Stern School of Business
- New York University
- American School of Paris
Patrick Kedziora's Summary
I am deeply passionate about generating revenues and profits, connecting with clients, partners, investors, and employees and crafting an offer they find compelling.
I have been the CFO and COO of public and private companies. I have done small deals and large - from a few million to a few billion and along the way built long lasting value by generating revenues and providing exceptional service and products to customers.
With former clients like KKR (the leading private equity firm) and T. Boone Pickens (a major Texas oil man and investor) I've been to the front lines and back.
Whether doing business in the U.S. or internationally, I'm equally at ease in the board room as I am on the shop floor. I've done business in France, UK, Belgium, Slovenia, Italy, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Japan and the US. And, I speak fluent English, French and Spanish. I also have dual US and French nationality and am able to work throughout the EU.
I have been an entrepreneur, founder and part of the founding team of four companies.
I received my M.B.A. in Finance from the Stern School of Business at New York University and my B.A. in Economics and Political Science from New York University.
Whether it's a turnaround, startup, kick-start or established business, I excel at increasing revenues, increasing profits, fund raising, making operations more efficient and building long term value and doing so with a special focus on customer care and employee morale.
Technology, Software, Mobile Applications, Cloud Computing, SaaS, Telecom, mlearning, Start-ups, Entrepreneurship, Banking, Investment Banking and Venture Capital.
Leadership, Business Development, International, Entrepreneurship, Early Stage, Start-ups, Turnarounds, Finance, IPO, Operations, Partnerships, Joint Ventures, Acquisitions, Product design, MVP, Strategy, Management, Risk, Public and Private Companies, Fund Raising and Venture Capital.
Patrick Kedziora's Experience
Founder & CEO
November 2011 – Present (2 years 11 months) Palo Alto, California; Santiago, Chile; Vitoria, Brazil
• KEDZOH selected to be part of StartupChile.org and received seed funding.
• KEDZOH wins spot in Startup Brazil, one of only nine international strartups, and receives additional funding.
• KEDZOH, Founder and CEO - Designed, developed, launched and selling to enterprise clients a mobile authoring tool to create and take 3-5 minute lessons on a mobile device.
• KEDZOH - Featured in The Economist: http://www.economist.com/node/21564589
2002 – November 2010 (8 years) Miami
Helping companies increase revenues, profits and raise capital (money and operational) and solving strategic, financial, technology and operational problems.
• Genesis Corporation: Executed for this high level – financial services - training and consulting company on its business development and social media marketing.
• Roo Natural Foods - Board of Advisors member providing valuable insights and recommendations on product launch and sales.
• PicaroSoft: Executed for this early stage SaaS “innovation management” company on product- market-fit, software/product development, business plan and fund raising.
• USA Prepaid Tollways: Executing with founders to develop and sell a mobile payment system.
• My Test and Learn: Designed an educational SaaS platform for the K-12 marketplace. Developed business model, strategy and technology design.
• Cisneros Group/Movida Cellular, Miami, FL: Senior team leader on an IT and finance project. Result: improved pricing plans, profitability and linked databases with a management dashboard.
• Americanet, Bogota, Colombia: Interim CEO and Board Member for a hardware distribution company, turned business around, increased sales by 20% and sold business to new investor in three months.
• Spark Plug Software, San Francisco, CA: advised this early stage video gaming company on business plan, revenue model, business development and fund raising.
• University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL: Developed a strategic plan for a medical research center seeking government funding.
• Professor at Carlos Albizu University: Graduate and undergraduate classes in Marketing, Strategy and International Sales.
o Board Member: Entelen (EUROPE)
CFO & Chief Compliance Officer
South Florida Behavioral Health Network - a mid-sized health care company
2005 – 2007 (2 years)
• Team leader driving an increase in revenue from $6 million to $28 million, operating budget from $500,000 to $1,750,000 and staffing from 12 to 23; all in less than 12 months.
• Completely reorganized the finance department: including new accounting software, new staff and new processes and procedures.
• Prepared company for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. Full responsibility for contract monitoring, auditing and quality assurance and improvement.
• Negotiating with government officials on funding and contracts. Actively involved in State wide committees to streamline contracting and billing.
• Developed reports and presented financial information to board and funding sources.
Chief Operating Officer and CFO
Barington Capital - New York City, 200 person Investment Bank, Hedge Fund, and Venture Capital firm
2000 – 2002 (2 years)
A 200 person firm based in New York City active in venture capital, hedge fund and investment banking focused on early stage companies.
• Full responsibility for all aspects of daily operations including budgeting, human resources, accounting, vendor relationships, audited financials, tax returns and IT infrastructure.
• Worked closely with the Chairman to identify, select and acquire of target companies.
• Acquired control of Musicmaker, Inc. a public company. Became CFO. Filed 10Q, 10K and other SEC filings. Actively involved in Board meetings and managing shareholder relations.
Patrick Kedziora's Honors and Awards
Startup BrazilStartup Brazil
- March 2014
Kedzoh was one of only 9 foreign companies selected to be part of the Startup Brazil program.
Patrick Kedziora's Projects
- December 2011 to Present
KEDZOH is the leading mobile mlearning application for the enterprise market. KEDZOH lets you take and create, short 3 to 5 minute lessons, on your smartphone or tablet... lessons on safety, customer service or new product launches. At KEDZOH we help you lead, manage and learn!
Patrick Kedziora's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
French(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Spanish(Full professional proficiency)
Portuguese(Professional working proficiency)
Patrick Kedziora's Skills & Expertise
- Mobile Applications
- Cloud Computing
- Venture Capital
- International Business
- Strategic Partnerships
- Business Planning
- New Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Private Equity
- Executive Management
- Product Marketing
- Product Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Software Project Management
- Corporate Finance
- Mobile Learning
- Due Diligence
- Business Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Product Development
- Management Consulting
- Business Strategy
- Business Process
- Mobile Devices
- Social Media Marketing
- Corporate Development
- Financial Services
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Investment Banking
- Competitive Analysis
Patrick Kedziora's Education
1978 – 1980
BA, Economics, Political Science
American School of Paris
Patrick Kedziora's Additional Information
Technology, new ideas, innovation, inventing, mountain biking and sailing.
- Groups and Associations:
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Enterprise Forum, Board Member, 2003 - 2010 • New York University Alumni Association of South Florida, Founder and Co-Chairperson, 2002- Present • Financial/Technology Executives Networking Group of South Florida, Chairperson, 2002- Present • Entrepreneurs Commons - South Florida Chapter - Founder and Chair, 2010 - Present
Contact Patrick for:
View Patrick Kedziora’s full profile to...
- See who you and Patrick Kedziora know in common
- Get introduced to Patrick Kedziora
- Contact Patrick Kedziora directly