- São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil (São Paulo Area, Brazil)
- Higher Education
Patrick Farrell's Overview
- Business English Instructor at Trend School
- Business English Instructor at Self Employed
- English Literature Teacher at Colégio Magno
- Photographer at Edge Imaging
- English Teacher at Self Employed
- English Teacher at Only Toya IELTS and TOEFL
- Project Analyst at Cathay Forest Inc.
Patrick Farrell's Summary
Attended Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada and certified by Cambridge University’s ESOL program CELTA. Worked in Shanghai as an English teacher, specialized in teaching English to business professionals and children from ages four and up.
Collaborated with schools that prepared young minds for TOEFL iBT and IELTS examinations and worked closely with Cathay Forest Inc., a large multinational corporation based in Shanghai, preparing executives to compete in the North American - Chinese market. Now, living in Sao Paulo, teaching youth and business professionals how to communicate in English.
Capable of creating classes specifically designed for students of all levels.
Patrick Farrell's Experience
Business English Instructor
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Professional Training & Coaching industry
February 2011 – Present (3 years 8 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
- Instructing students in English focusing on all aspects of the language with a major focus on Business English.
- Collaborate with fellow instructors and coordinators to improve program and to provide student access to learning opportunities such as internships and MBA programs.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Identifying common errors and using individually crafted techniques to improve such errors.
- Always attempting to create a vibrant teaching atmosphere to create a comfortable learning environment.
- Tailoring English teaching methods to suit the needs of individual students.
Business English Instructor
December 2010 – Present (3 years 10 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
Teaching business professionals how to improve their fluency in English.
---Introductory English for vocabulary, conversation, reading, writing, listening, grammar. Study topics in individual areas of interest.
---Legal English focusing on contract writing and editing.
---Developing business English skills for presentations, phone calls, e-mailing, meetings and interviews.
---Books, films, music and games are integrated into classes to help stimulate the learning process.
English Literature Teacher
July 2012 – December 2012 (6 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
- Instruct students on how to read and interpret English literature.
- Develop lesson plans, grade papers, assign readings, facilitate discussion about English literature and prepare students for standardized tests.
- Measuring student progress and working with colleagues and parents as necessary.
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Printing industry
August 2010 – December 2010 (5 months)
Responsible for photographing events mainly in the educational field.
August 2007 – December 2010 (3 years 5 months) Shanghai and Toronto
--Private English lessons with students ranging from the age of 3 to 50.
--Preparation for English exams, i.e. IELTS, Cambridge Exams and TOEFL.
--Private tutoring for students studying in Universities in Toronto.
Cathay Forest Inc.
June 2007 – June 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Writing, editing and proofreading business plans, press releases and related statements. Researching possible business ventures. Work on overall project planning through reporting on project schedules. Assist with the preparation of a variety of reports covering budget status, forecast reports and other management reports.
Coordinate data and information and prepare internal and external reports from various departments. Process management reports and performance indicators for management to review concerning certain projects.
Patrick Farrell's Skills & Expertise
- Mac OS
- Business English
- Teaching English
- Executive Coaching
- Social Media
- Photoshop CS6
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Public Speaking
- Corporate Communications
- Intercultural Communication
Patrick Farrell's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Portuguese(Full professional proficiency)
Patrick Farrell's Education
Photoshop - Tratamento de Imagem, Photography
2013 – 2013
Bachelor in Commerce, Entrepreneurship
2008 – 2010
2009 – 2009
Certifcate for English Language Teaching to Adults
B.A. Political Science, Politics and Philosophy
2004 – 2006