California Board of Accountancy
Founder, Managing Partner at TriValley Business Consulting
|Recommendations||6 people have recommended Nidhi|
Join LinkedIn & access Nidhi's full profile
Principal at TriValley Business Consulting. A boutique bookkeeping services company serving clients in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I am an accounting professional with 15+ years of experience across start-ups, small and large companies leading accounting and finance teams. I thrive as a hands-on technical accountant and have supported clients in several different industries - Technology, Semiconductors, Services, Retail and Home based businesses.
* 10+ years of experience leading cross-geographic technical accounting teams in US and India
* Executive reporting and preparation of presentations and charts for senior management, VCs and the Board of Directors.
* Drove cost-management initiatives and liaised with sales, engineering, marketing, legal and HR organizations
* Preparation of financials of $100M+
* Corporate GAAP accounting experience in the US with a wide spectrum of startups (eg. Technology/Semiconductors, Online ads/ticketing/travel) and venture capital firms
* Preparation for Audits
* Budgeting, Forecasting, International/Subsidiary/JV consolidation
* Commissions, Royalties, Licensing, Bonus calculations
* Daily/Monthly/Annual Bookkeeping (Payroll, AP, AR, Benefits, Reconcilliation)
* Expertise in Netsuite, Softrax, SAP1, ADP, MS-Excel, Quickbooks, Tally, Lotus1-2-3. Working knowledge of Peachtree, Great Plains
* Hedge Fund Accounting, Auditing and Analysis experience in India. Experience in Indian taxation and accounting principles
* Experience in US alternative investment industry especially with Fund of funds, master feeder funds and offshore funds.
* Passed CPA examination from California Board of Accountancy in 2007
* Chartered Accountant, expertise in Indian accounting principles
Specialties: Hands-on experience in all aspects of corporate accounting including GAAP financials, forecasting, budgeting, Due diligence, AR, AP, Monthly/Yearly closing, Reconciliation, Collections, GL, Accruals. Variance Analysis.
TriValley Business Consulting is a boutique bookkeeping services company serving a variety of businesses in the Bay Area. We provide onsite and offsite support for the following consulting services:
• Setup of accounting systems
• Full charge bookkeeping (Billing/Invoicing, A/P, A/R)
• Monthly, Quarterly, Annual Close (Bank, Credit Card and Account reconciliation)
• Preparation of GAAP based financial statements
• Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance and Flux Analysis
• Fixed Asset maintenance
• Multiple company and subsidiary (domestic and international) consolidations
• Internal audits and working with external auditors
• Cleanup of books
• Sales and Use Tax computations and coordination with Tax accountants for business filings
We specialize in accurate, cost-effective solutions tailored to your needs. Whether you have a new or existing business, be it a Technology Start-up, Home-based business, Retail outlet or a services company we can help you!
Discover Books is the industry’s largest on-line reseller of books.
Manage a staff of 4 – AP, AR, Payroll, and Staff Accountant.
- Drive cleanup of books in preparation of external audit, prepare PBC schedules. Completed FY 2012 and FY 2013 audit activities within 5 months
- Manage close process – Fixed assets, Accruals, AP, AR, Payroll, Variance analysis, Banking relationships. Owner for GL activities
- Debt covenants reporting
- Multiple company consolidated financials. Work with finance team on Budgeting and Cash Forecasting
- Applied accounting principles and cleaned up the books for multiple years from cash basis to GAAP.
- Prepared GAAP based consolidated financial statements including variance analysis
- Initiated accounting controls and setup monthly close for the company resulting in a two-day monthly close turnaround.
- Lead accounts payable, accounts receivable, collection, international accounting and fixed assets.
- Responsible for GL accuracy and integrity
- Manage US and international payroll in 11 countries
- Forecasting and cash management
- Drive intercompany accounting, consolidation and elimination
- Drove company's first Audit with KPMG
- Managerial and Technical Leadership for the Corporate Accounting team
- Lead Worldwide Corporate Consolidation of 5+ subsidiaries. Helped setup sister companies in India and Europe including initial books, financial projections and interactions with STPI, Intercompany accounting
- Manage day-to-day General Ledger, Revenue, Customer Claims, Intercompany Accounting and Payroll.
- Liaison with external auditors and provide support for external audit
- Drive month-end close, financial statement preparation, internal reporting
- Mergers and acquisitions due diligence
- Financial planning and analysis responsibilities including financial modeling and presentations for senior management and investors
- Responsible for credit and collections; payables; fixed assets, Depreciation
- Financing, Cash Forecasting and Budgeting, Personnel forecasting
- Worldwide Employee relations(US, UK,India) and Support external and internal HR activities such as payroll, vacations, benefits, etc.
- Coordinate the reporting of Merchant processors
- Foreign exchange management, Insurance renewals/claims, 401K management, testing and compliance
- Partner analytics and dashboard, Manage partner relationships both on revenue and cost side. Manage banking relationships.
AR, AP, Payroll, Closing, Bookkeeping, Commissions, Royalties
Preparation of reports for Senior Management
Support due diligence for M&A and post-M&A corporate accounting activities
Worked with Business Development, HR and Services teams across US and India. Prepared financial Statements, Reviewed contracts, Budgets and Accounting Policies. Reviewed timesheets, payroll, reconciliation, accounts receivable and accounts payable
Back Office IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Oak Brook, Illinois based hedge fund accounting firm NAV Consulting, Inc. My responsibilities included:
Preparation of balance sheets, income statements, Incentive and Management Fee calculations, Analysis & reconciliation of raw data, periodic generation of NAV and taxation reports, Working with the software group for the automation and standardization of proprietary portfolio accounting software, Managing an accounting team of 6 and training new hires on accounting principles
M/s B. Khosla & Co. is an independent auditing firm. I dealt with clients in banking, hotel and jewellery industries. Primary responsibilities included:
Audits, bank and party reconciliation. Notable clients include the Reserve Bank of India, Preparation of accounts and reports based on Indian accounting and taxation principles, Variance analysis of performance of a company with respect to revenues and costs
coal trading at international coal
New Delhi Area, India
Junior Research Associate @ AshmarIP (IPR firm)
New Delhi Area, India
Senior Site Solution Executive (Sr.SSE) at CyteSpace Research Private Limited
New Delhi Area, India
Greater New York City Area
Mumbai Area, India