Manukau Institute of Technology
electronics and computers
COO at Collusion
Join LinkedIn & access Navdeep (Nav)'s full profile
electronics and computers
I'm an engineer at heart and love building new products.
Currently the co-founder and COO of a tech startup called Collusion, originally from Sydney Australia. Collusion transforms tablet computers - predominantly 'media consumption device' into essential everyday productivity tools.
I'm also the co-founder of Co-founder Speed Date which is a 'Speed Dating' style networking event for tech startups in Australia. Building a team that can perform miracles in a startup is a big challenge and I'm very passionate about solving this problem having gone through the struggle myself.
In my last day job, I worked as a Product Development Engineer at Dick Smith and have helped commercialise over 300 consumer electronic products in Australia and New Zealand. Having worked my way up in the retail sector from a sales person to a senior product developer, I gained experience in sales, marketing, project management, team management, product development, sourcing and product commercialisation.
Collusion is a tech startup, originating from Sydney, taking productivity on the iPad to a whole new level. Inspired by Google Wave and backed by the worlds fastest cloud service - Collusion provides an innovative solution for writing, drawing and real-time collaborative work spaces on the iPad.
At Collusion, I spend most of my time managing product development/commercialization, internal ops, building business infrastructure, as well a smattering of marketing.
Cofounder Speed Date solves a real emerging problem in finding cofounders for technology business startups. I understand the problem real well having struggled myself for almost a year trying to find a cofounder for a startup and so am extremely passionate about solving this problem.
I handled all technical engagements including building the business infrastructure and reaching out to developers and programmers who are looking for potential cofoundners to work on a tech business startups.
* Liaise with buyers, suppliers and merchandise managers to manage the new private brand products and the cross Tasman product alignment program
* Gate keep all private brand products for Australian and New Zealand markets by approving all product packaging, user manuals, features and firmware
* Make technical and strategic product and technological recommendations to buyers and merchandise managers to better help source new products and fill missing gaps in the current range of consumer electronics
* Prioritise and allocate tasks within department
* Extract data and generate sales and return reports for management
* Manage New Zealand Product Development team
* Team skill development
* Product evaluations: Evaluate imported products and provide feedback with regards to the features and quality of the product so that the merchandise team can make informed buying decisions.
* Product testing and development: Perform complete product testing, product feature and design improvements to ensure that products are user friendly, of high quality standards and meet the relevant regulatory standards.
* Reporting: Generate complete product reports encompassing the complete product testing results, legislative compliance and recommendations.
* Product sourcing and ranging: Stay up to date with the latest technological trends and technologies to be able to identify product range gaps and new opportunities for the buying team. Evaluate products in market and generate product specifications to source similar or better products for the private brand program.
* Product Support: Provide highest level of product and technical support within the various departments of company including Merchandising, Wholesale, Stores and the Service department. Maintain product support pages and develop troubleshooting solutions delivered to end user along with the product documentation.
* Develop concepts and product services: Developed new store concepts and services for new technologies and product solutions such as in-store demonstrations.Eg. Vista lounge, Power Squad home installation services, Single source multi HD display, LCD monitor display.
* Store education: Wrote several new and proofed old training documents used to train store staff. These documents were designed to impart store staff with vital knowledge required to help customers make informed purchases.
* Environmental ambassador: Evaluate and promote the various sustainability practices within the company. Furthermore promote the corporate sustainability policy by adapting the stated policies where possible, especially in the private brand business.
Worked as a part time sales person for the course of my degree. This was mostly a customer service role and included sales, understanding customer requirements, recommending suitable products and managing returns. This was a fun role and I enjoyed helping out customers and supporting other staff in achieving sales.
This role was part of my degree work experience. In this role I provided technical phone and email customer support for a wide range of consumer electronic products.I also helped the service team servicing a wide variety of consumer electronics, mainly customer warranty repair jobs.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
CEO at Collusion
CTO at Collusion
Senior UX Engineer at Collusion
Software Engineering Lead at Active Mind Technology Inc
COO at LIA
Landscaping at Muniz landscaping
ISO27001 LA - Business Security & Compliance --- Banking, Capital Markets, Telecom & Insurance