Channel Supervisor - Social at VML
- Chicago, Illinois (Greater Chicago Area)
- Marketing and Advertising
Nathan Jokers's Overview
- Channel Supervisor - Social at VML
- Social Media Manager at Cookerly Public Relations
- Social Media Strategist at Freelance
- Social Media Strategist/Community Manager at BRAVE Public Relations
- Social Media Manager at BRAVE Public Relations
Nathan Jokers' Summary
Digital Strategy and New Media. Social Junkie. Creative Thinker. Passionate about emerging media and technologies.
Love exploring all things digital and how it moves and shakes marketing.
My goal is to provide a deep understanding of target consumers, along with how to engage them. I have a history of providing rich digital insight to major brands in CPG, financial, food and beverage, retail and entertainment.
I have a deep passion and understanding in holistic digital strategy and its place in the marketing ecosystem, social media and content marketing, relationship marketing, mobile, research, new product innovation and launches, at-shelf and shopper marketing, eCommerce, user experience and account planning.
Nathan Jokers' Experience
Channel Supervisor - Social
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; WPPGY; Marketing and Advertising industry
November 2011 – Present (2 years 11 months) Greater Atlanta/Chicago Area
Client List: Kellogg - Special K, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Nestlé Purina, Coca-Cola, Dunkin' Donuts, Xerox, Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, RBS Citizens Financial Group, Bank of Montreal (Canada)/BMO Harris (USA), HughesNet, Visit Savannah
• Plan and launch channels to build out cohesive digital ecosystem (including eCommerce, mobile, email and CRM), to drive intent and funnel consumers into the purchase cycle.
• Develop and fine-tune social content strategies, spurring organic fan growth and viral activity, ultimately discovering copy and creative sweet spots among client set.
• Generate website redesign social integration strategies, encompassing SEO initiatives, eCRM, mobile and desktop eCommerce; integrating multiple channels to fit within organizational workflow.
• Analyze statistical industry information, purchase behaviors and trends, focus group data, demographics and other insights to form cohesive digital strategies behind channel structure and marketing initiatives.
• Plan media buys, including testing structures to both determine resonating content/imagery and campaign acquisition cost effectiveness.
• Liaise with clients and partners to generate compelling mobile, SMS and social campaigns, tailored closely to drive sales goals.
• Spearhead client loyalty and ambassador programs, measuring and closely monitoring brand advocates and actively helping drive consumer engagement.
• Plan at-shelf/POS CPG digital tie-ins, helping drive consumers from in-store purchase to foster and build online relationships.
• Develop digital marketing initiatives for on-site client events, including online registration with social integration, digital experiences and national awareness building.
• Launch mobile applications and drive awareness and downloads by using social activations built in-app.
• Keep familiar with social API reqs in order to create social-by-design programs.
• Assist with agency new business initiatives, and a member of winning agency pitch teams.
Social Media Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
June 2011 – November 2011 (6 months) Atlanta, GA
Client List: SunTrust Bank, SunTrust Live Solid Brand, Georgia Emergency Management Agency, The Clean Air Campaign
• Project manager for SunTrust Live Solid brand Facebook contests; recently worked closely with brand partners (Better Homes and Gardens), compliance departments, cross-agency and web vendors to garner 92% fan growth over 20-day promotion.
• Closely monitored both agency and client social media and trends, including qualitative and quantitative analytics, via paid and free tools.
• Guest speaker at social media enrichment courses, assisted Atlanta-area small business owners in understanding and implementing social
media and marketing best practices with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, company blogs and Wikipedia.
• Interacted closely with agency Vice Presidents to generate creative social ideas in development of client promotions and new business.
• Drove efforts in implementing agency SEO practices through content, article and search marketing, target keyword placement and Google AdWords.
• Lead social media directives including: training, programming, hiring vendors and assisted on all client execution.
• Directed agency and client’s creative and production developments through graphic design and audio/video editing.
Social Media Strategist
September 2009 – June 2011 (1 year 10 months)
Client List: Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Group, Centrarchy Restaurant Management Company, Golf Genie, Shula’s 347 Brand, A Closer Look, Karen Canavan Public Relations, Brave Public Relations
• Identified key trends in emerging media and continually analyzed client market to gain awareness in competition.
• Generated and maintained brand integrity across multiple social media channels through community management.
• Worked closely with consumers and consultants to develop product strategy and B2B/B2C positioning including SEO and other
• Key contributor to cross-functional efforts to drive product life cycle from development and design through online marketing.
• Developed blogger outreach programs at a local and national level to build brand awareness and social engagement.
• Assisted in integrating online marketing materials including online advertising, social media and genre blogs.
• Introduced social media initiatives for brand and business growth to national restaurant groups, public relations firms and corporations.
• Maintained Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and microblogs to generate buzz and constructive feedback on a local and national level.
• Conducted weekly status calls to review performance in organic and sponsored growth, engagement, direction and campaign results.
Social Media Strategist/Community Manager
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
October 2010 – May 2011 (8 months) Atlanta, GA
Client: Peter Pan the Show
• Grew online social community more than 87% in six months through strategic engagement and increased brand awareness/integrity.
• Created, managed and promoted TweetSeats program: a contest that encouraged Twitter followers and Facebook fans to Tweet or post about the performance. At a minimal-cost, this program generated over 300,000 daily impressions and increased brand engagement.
• Developed opportunities to build upon London, San Francisco and Orange County online activity while planning efforts for future growth in Chicago and beyond.
• Created Facebook landing sites, incorporating monitoring mirrors to accurately convey click-throughs and other relevant analytics.
• Maximized momentum of cross-promotional efforts, including World of Coca-Cola and Georgia Aquarium, to actively involve Atlanta market.
• Developed brand awareness, including cast interviews, day-in-the-life videos and contests in order to generate continuous interactions.
• Generated and implemented the use of QR Codes in branded collateral to capitalize on emerging media opportunities.
• Produced weekly qualitative status updates and monthly quantitative updates, capturing key figures in organic and sponsored growth, engagement, awareness and overall campaign results.
• Planned flashmobs, national pitches, community outreach and viral efforts for the show.
Social Media Manager
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
September 2008 – October 2009 (1 year 2 months)
Client List: Atlanta-area Simon Malls, The Fresh Market, The Mansion on Peachtree, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Group, W Atlanta-Perimeter, Steak ‘n Shake, Copeland’s Cheesecake Bistro
• Educated team in social media protocol and helped brand the agency in the online space and social media platforms.
• Developed opportunities for all clients that drove buzz, WOM, social incentives and brand engagements.
• Assisted client in the development of the brand’s goal in the social media landscape.
• Strategized, pitched and drafted press releases to local and national online media platforms.
• Identified integral short and long leads and ensured proper execution to maximize publicity results and outreach efforts.
• Researched and tracked online statistical information for clients; gathered media/online clips and prepared client media recaps for budgeting and market position analysis.
• Established the firm’s social media direction, and provided existing client list with POVs on how to implement social media initiatives.
• Analyzed web trends and provided strategic insight to clients on social media objectives, benchmarks and competitors.
Nathan Jokers' Organizations
Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association (AiMA)Membership Committee
- February 2013 to Present
Nathan Jokers' Skills & Expertise
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Integrated Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Measurement
- Social Media ROI
- Marketing Communications
- Google Analytics
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Press Releases
- Media Relations
- Social Media Education
- Ap Style
- Website Development
- Professional Mentoring
- Online Marketing
- New Media
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Content Strategy
- Online Advertising
- Community Management
- Creative Direction
- Brand Management
- Google Adwords
- Web Design
- Interactive Marketing
- Brand Awareness
- Mobile Marketing
- User Experience
- Digital Media
- Web Analytics
- Competitive Analysis
Nathan Jokers' Education
Nathan Jokers' Additional Information
Contact Nathan for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Nathan Jokers’ full profile to...
- See who you and Nathan Jokers know in common
- Get introduced to Nathan Jokers
- Contact Nathan Jokers directly