Duke University - The Fuqua School of Business
Marketing, Corporate Strategy
Director, General Neurology & Integrated Diagnostics at Quest Diagnostics
|Recommendations||10 people have recommended Nabil|
Join LinkedIn & access Nabil's full profile
Marketing, Corporate Strategy
Currently responsible for a $70M+ product portfolio working on high impact and high incidence neurology diagnostic products as well as pioneering integrated diagnostics at Quest Diagnostics
I spent eight years at the Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard, first managing a team that worked on finishing of the Human Genome Project then transitioning to work on developing next generation sequencing prototypes into genome center production scale platforms. Taking the experience gained at the Broad, I co-founded an NGS consulting company spending several years providing informatics, lab, and market consulting to pharmaceuticals, biotechs, and startups. I later joined GenomeQuest, an informatics company where I was Director of Healthcare Strategy and led product management and market strategy on their clinical informatics product. In this role, I also participated in a Centers For Disease Control (CDC) work group to standardize next generation sequencing for clinical use.
I hold an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, a MS in Bioinformatics from Brandeis University, and a BS in Biology from Binghamton University.
● P&L responsibility for all Quest Neurology products, a $70M+ business with 150+ products.
● Responsible for strategic planning, upstream and downstream marketing, and commercialization – including business case and strategic rationale, market research, product launches, brand and price positioning, trade show strategy, and integrated marketing plan.
● Developed strategy and business case for future company-wide expansion into non-laboratory diagnostics.
● Created future molecular diagnostic strategy for Athena diagnostics in response to competitive pressures, internal company direction, and current market forces.
● Engaged with KOL’s on product concepts, physician education, webinar/speaker programs.
● Led initiative in a matrix environment to re-position and integrate the 50 person Athena Neurology commercial sales team into Quest with merged responsibility across product lines.
● Worked closely with Business Development on licensing, trademarks, and contracts.
● Worked with CEO to create new strategy group to develop and capitalize on new business and growth opportunities and products in the healthcare sector.
● Conceived and generated plan for a new business opportunity that involved linking segregated data from physicians and clinical genetics labs to drive decision making within biomarker and translational groups at pharmaceutical companies.
● Conducted extensive due diligence with translational and biomarker leaders at major pharma and directors at clinical labs, and presented the plan to executives and the board of directors.
● Engaged in and managed partnerships to advance business case and create new product opportunities.
● Product manager for GQ-Dx; GenomeQuest’s clinical diagnostic software product.
● Conceptualized and created GQ-Dx and worked closely with customers to guide development efforts and bring next generation sequencing (NGS) to the clinic.
● Led development team efforts and developed company market and product strategy in the clinical marketplace.
● Coordinated efforts with sales, marketing team, and communications firm to launch effective diagnostic focused marketing campaigns.
● Worked closely with the sales team as the technical lead on customer engagements.
● Managed customer accounts, built relationships and provided support.
● Co-founded a DNA sequencing technology consulting company with a team of molecular scientists to capitalize on an emerging market opportunity.
● Generated new business opportunities, managed engagements, wrote proposals, created presentations, and managed a network of consultants to address client needs.
● Prepared market assessment and strategy reports for clients.
● Informed, advised, and helped deploy new sequencing technologies at GlaxoSmithKline that increased throughput on drug development screening assays by a factor of 15.
● Conducted data and statistical analysis for the launch of a multi-million dollar start up (Raindance Technologies’) first product. .
Developed an enterprise-wide web application to simplify the gathering, sharing, and analysis of competitive intelligence. The application collects public domain information from multiple curated data sources, integrates it, renders visualizations, and presents it in a consolidated and searchable view. This allows researchers and business development to piece together a picture of the competitive landscape and find unexploited areas for drug development or discover opportunities for in-licensing.
● Collaborated with vendors and internal stakeholders on prototyping, development, and systems integration of cutting edge next generation DNA sequencing technologies and infrastructure.
● Worked on the first publicly released Illumina (Solexa) NGS sequencing instrument
● Developed tools to process and visualize complex sequencing data and performed statistical analyses on large data sets.
● Built a central database to document and track all laboratory experimental designs.
● Acquired and deployed software platform enabling hundreds of researchers to collaborate efficiently; providing project tracking and transparency in addition to saving hundreds of hours of work.
● Led a team with five direct reports and four second-tier employees responsible for process development and production operations in support of the Mouse Genome Project.
● Conceived and implemented new processes and organizational structure; boosting monthly data output by a factor of 40.
● Created new relational database, software, metrics, and cost models to track all production information used by management and analysts to measure performance and reduce costs.
● Managed and trained a team of 7 data analysts responsible for analyzing and correcting sequencing data towards successful completion of the Human Genome Project.
● Completed the most difficult parts of a 13 year, 20 institution, $3B worldwide government funded scientific effort on time under a tight and very public deadline.
Performed analysis of DNA sequence data. Doubled average Full Time Equivalent (FTE) output.
Next Generation Sequencing - Standardization of Clinical Testing Workgroup. For exemplary contributions to a framework for quality laboratory integration of genome sequencing technologies into healthcare delivery.
Software Engineer at Amplidata
PhD candidate - Linguist - Language and Alzheimer
Director, Esoteric Neurology at Athena Diagnostics, Inc.
Product Manager at Athena Diagnostics
Executive Director, Neurology Segment Solutions, Quest Diagnostics
Senior Scientific Director, Quest Diagnostics
CEO, GenomeQuest, Inc.
Principal Translational Genomic Scientist at AstraZeneca
Vice President, Commercial- North Region at Quest Diagnostics
Vice President-Commercial, South Region at Quest Diagnostics