Automation specialist Unix, SME AIX at IBM
- Hyderabad Area, India
- Information Technology and Services
|Recommendations||5 people have recommended Shak|
Join LinkedIn and access Shak's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Shak directly
Shakeer is an IT Specialist having 12 years of experience, with hands-on expertise in AIX (pSeries) systems, backup (TSM), and storage (DS4000) infrastructure. He is also experienced with LINUX, HP-UX, Shell Scripting and websphere application servers.
Working on service delivery automation using Ipcenter (Ipsoft) autonomic solution (Ipautomata)
Analyze alerts (Monitoring) that can be automatically remediated and/or diagnosed
Define standard operating procedures for various manual tasks.
Design, develop, test and deploy virtual engineers and component automatas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working as a Subject Matter Expert – AIX, responsible for the service delivery pertains to the SAP landscape of BHPB (One of the worlds largest SAP hosting)
• Supporting 400+ logical partitions running AIX 6.1 & 5.3, predominantly running SAP applications
• Leading various cost optimization initiatives for BHPB (Storage, capacity etc...)
• Supporting 70 odd VIO servers, the network and storage is virtualized using VIOS
• Responsible for Business As Usual (BAU) activities on a day to day basis.
• Performance analysis, health check assessment of the pseries infrastructure.
• End to End to system administration of around 500 AIX LPAR’s
• Managed systems H/w POWER 7, 4 p770, POWER 6, 15 p595, 3 p570, few p520’s, and 8 HMC’s
• Working on cutting edge technologies like, LPM, VSCSI, SEA, NPIV etc. provide by the IBM pSeries PowerVM Enterprise version.
• I have developed a tool to perform automation and centralized administration of multiple systems, a menu based tool for the use of system admins to perform the tasks out of the box (Developed in korn shell scripting)
• Leading the AIX migration project from AIX 5.3 to 6.1
• Leading the HACMP migration project from 5.4 to power HA 6.1
• Lead the planning and execution of DR testing, cross site failover test
• Responsible for critical issues (Severity 1 and 2), reported by monitoring tool, users etc. Incident management.
• Planning for the changes and preparing the technical plans
• Performing root cause analysis, implementation of defect prevention process (DPP) to enhance the productivity and quality of service.
• Mentoring the team to handle technical challenges
Worked as Senior Technical Specialist
Worked as a Unix/AIX system administrator.
Worked as Unix Server support engineer (AIX, HP-UX)
Worked on IBM RS/6000 series of production servers clustered with HACMP with AIX as the operating platform, job involves AIX administration, shell scripting, and application management (MXPAC). Client is venture infotek global pvt. Ltd. (VIGPL) Mumbai.
Administration of Sendmail and Qmail, fetchmail configuration for mail retrieval from remote POP/IMAP servers, antivirus integration for SMTP, HTTP, FTP traffic.
Installed and managed mail server on Redhat Linux and global address book using open LDAP implementation of directory services for 150 users.
Implementation of Squid proxy server as a cost effective solution and configuration based on access control lists (acl’s), IP and mac based restriction for the hosts, site filtering, and bandwidth allocation on IP basis using delay pools. Configured squid as transparent proxy using Iptables Monitoring system performance, utilization of system resources (vmstat, free, df, du etc.), process monitoring (ps, top), and system logs (maillog, access.log, messages, dmesg, etc.).
Managing and administering user accounts, groups, and quotas.
As a Linux Engineer I used to handle the complete system configuration and customization as per the product requirements, writing automated installation scripts using C, perl, and shell, co-ordination with programmers for the front-end development and also involved in PHP programming.
Developed a product intended for the mid sized corporate as cost effective sulution based on qmail, squid proxy, fetchmail, courier-imap etc. With complete web based remote administration tool
A data server product for Microsoft windows network based on samba server (smb protocol) with remote web based administration
A complete bandwidth optimization and management tool developed on squid version 2.4 stable with web based administration tool.
For all the above implementations the operating platform was Redhat 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0
This project is an initiative by Oman Govt. to provide eServices facilities to all ministries of Oman along with Residents and Nationals.
- Shell Scripting
- System Administration
- High Availability
- Unix Shell Scripting
- WebSphere Application...
- Operating Systems
- Disaster Recovery
- Performance Tuning
- Solution Architecture
- IT Service Management
- Red Hat Linux
- IT Operations
- Data Migration
- See 15+ See less
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Managing Director at Rajdharma
AIX SME in IBM, Bangalore, India
AIX Unix Admin at IBM
AIX System Administrator
Senior System Analyst at Wipro
Tech Lead (AIX) at Atos
AIX admin Senior Consultant at Capgemini
AIX Administrator (consultant) @Lloyds TSB
AIX Server Specialist at GBM, Doha
Manager-operations at Cognizant Technology Solutions