Director of Special Projects at Gobbler
- Los Angeles, California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Alex Park's Overview
- Director of Special Projects at Gobbler
- Organizer at LA Music Creators
- Organizer at LA Music Tech Hack Night
- Resident Entrepreneur at GE | OMD Incubator
- Business Development at GrubWithUs
- Business Development at Settleware Secure Services, Inc.
- Founder at TechForce
- Marketing Coordinator at The Nehemiah Band
- Market Research at PLAN C
- Founder at AGP Productions
- General Assembly
- University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business
- Palos Verdes High School
Alex Park's Summary
Alex started as an entrepreneur at the age of 14, building a profitable online business enabling music producers to sell their work to performing artists. A few years, profitable businesses, successful business plan/pitch competitions later, Alex was invited to join the GE | OMD Incubator in NYC, where he had opportunity to learn from the founders of companies like Twitter, Square, Tumblr, Foursquare, and more, while building his own mobile startup.
Alex then joined cloud music technology startup, Gobbler, as the Director of Special Projects, where he works closely with the founding team on user growth, fundraising, business development, and recruiting initiatives. He is fascinated by the interaction between people, technology, and the arts, and directs his creative energies into these areas.
Outside of these pursuits, Alex loves jam sessions and playing basketball competitively, and will break your ankles or your ears if provoked.
Alex Park's Experience
Director of Special Projects
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
April 2013 – Present (1 year 6 months) Hollywood
Gobbler's mission is to build a cloud platform to help artists collaborate better. Our first product allows artists in over 122 countries to create the media that we all love and enjoy by empowering their workflow with advanced collaboration, organization, and backup capabilities.
- Business Intelligence & Data Analysis
- Global User Acquisition and Marketing
- Recruiting and Hiring Talent
- Business Development
- Community Building
Learn more about the company here: https://angel.co/gobbler
GE | OMD Incubator
June 2012 – August 2012 (3 months)
GE and Omnicom’s OMD partnered to create a 10-week incubator bringing together the brightest student entrepreneurs from around the World to work in New York City for the Summer of 2012. The GE | OMD Incubator aims to create a collaborative environment where entrepreneurs can learn, thrive and build great digital products.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, the GE | OMD Incubator provides a space where accepted applicants develop their ideas, learn from industry mentors and become entrenched in New York City’s startup scene. In addition, participants learn and meet with key marketing and advertising executives to help build their companies.
During the program, I worked on crafting the vision for a company, identifying the market, and breathed those elements into the actual technical design of social productivity tools.
September 2011 – December 2011 (4 months) Venice, CA
Y Combinator-backed startup, Grubwithus, is a rapidly-growing website revolutionizing social networks by taking online relationships offline. Grubwithus allows users to meet other awesome people, while dining at some of their city’s best restaurants.
• Worked closely with Director of Business Development on research and planning for SXSW marketing campaign
• Performed lead generation, and identified and researched partnership opportunities to accelerate business growth
Settleware Secure Services, Inc.
May 2011 – August 2011 (4 months)
Settleware Secure Services Inc. is the pioneering electronic and digital signature leader (since 1999), enabling any size organization to legally execute a contract or agreement on-demand. Offering a true end-to-end solution, Settleware allows the user to process entire agreements, contracts, and transactions in a fully paperless, totally electronic environment. Viewing, and signing agreements at your own desktop, laptop, or smartphone – anytime and anyplace.
• Spearheaded product launch, working closely with the CEO to develop “go-to-market” plan to acquire 100,000 new users
• Identified and acquired first clients by developing and executing marketing campaigns and cold calling businesses
July 2010 – August 2011 (1 year 2 months)
I built a better GeekSquad.
• Created a business responding to need for quality computer service in high-income, low computer literacy demographic
• Recognized need for effective, friendly, and economical computer expertise in high-income, low-computer literacy demographic
• Consulted working professionals on web and tech solutions most suitable and cost-effective for their businesses
• Repaired and serviced computers with broad range of issues from lagging performance to severe virus and malware infections
The Nehemiah Band
May 2010 – April 2011 (1 year)
• Oversaw social media outlets (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter) to present and package band in accordance with marketing plan.
• Conceived creative ways to produce and promote shows, events, merchandise, and stimulate regular interaction with fans
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
June 2010 – August 2010 (3 months)
Plan C Group Inc. is the world’s leading Asian American Lifestyle Company, the network of companies include businesses in the areas of Nightlife & Events, Marketing Services, Entertainment Brand Management and Original Content Development & Production. The Plan C Group serves as a business infrastructure to a collection of companies in the Asian American space sharing the mission to develop, produce and promote new world-recognized lifestyles that stem from an underserved community.
• Organized a 50-stop nationwide movie screening tour, determining tour locations after collecting demographic data
• Successfully launched new brand initiative for company
July 2005 – June 2006 (1 year) My Bedroom
The online music-licensing business I started at age 14. Noticed an opportunity to help independent music producers across the world sell their work to artists. Created deals and collected a percentage of each transaction.
Bootstrapped this business, and was cash flow positive within months after my fourteenth birthday.
Never, for a moment, felt like work.
Alex Park's Honors and Awards
3rd Place (out of 12 Final Teams)Startup Weekend USC Entrepreneurship Competition
An intense 54-hour competition comprised of teams of undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals competing to build the best mobile app / website.
3rd Place (out of 45)USC Entrepreneur Club and Mayor of Beverly Hills
Business Plan Competition sponsored by the mayor of Beverly Hills, beating out MBA students to win funds for his business idea.
Top 10 (out of 100+)Nicholson Kovac $100,000 National Business Plan Competition
A $100,000 national business plan competition sponsored by top national advertising agency, Nicholson Kovac
2nd Place (out of 30+)USC Trojan Startups Entrepreneurship Competition
USC Trojan Startups Entrepreneurship Competition sponsored by USC's top leaders (Warren Bennis, President Steven Sample, David Belasco)
Alex Park's Courses
Technology / Design / Entrepreneurship
- Programming Fundamentals
- Thinking Preferences & Co-Founder Relationships
- Setting Entrepreneurial Goals
- The Art of Interviewing Engineers
- Angel Fundraising
- Mobile UX Design
- How to Get Your First Million Users
- How to Make Hiring a Strength of Your Company
Alex Park's Education
Technology / Design / Entrepreneurship
2012 – 2012
General Assembly is a global network of campuses for individuals seeking opportunity and education in technology, business, and design.
BA, Business Administration
Activities and Societies: Delta Sigma Pi, USC Gospel Choir, Entrepreneur Club
Palos Verdes High School
Alex Park's Skills & Expertise
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Production
- Computer Repair
- Creative Writing
- Public Speaking
- Product Design
- Product Concept
- Business Development
- Team Building
- Team Leadership
- Social Networking
- Social Media
- Market Research
- Data Analysis
Alex Park's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Korean(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Spanish(Limited working proficiency)
Alex Park's Additional Information
Alex Park's Projects
Contact Alex for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch