Support Engineer at Duo Security
- Ann Arbor, Michigan (Greater Detroit Area)
- Computer & Network Security
Mark Schmidt's Overview
- Support Engineer at Duo Security
- Information Security Consultant at Michigan
- Technical Support Specialist at Barracuda Networks
- Systems Administrator at Alpac Inc. @ Nanocerox
- Lead Technologist at Computer Troubleshooters
- Quality Assurance Analyst at Alpac Inc. @ The University of Michigan
Mark Schmidt's Experience
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer & Network Security industry
October 2013 – Present (1 year) Ann Arbor, Michigan
Work with contacts at Google, Facebook, Box, Tumblr, Yelp, Etsy, and others to deploy and maintain Duo's cloud hosted Enterprise Identity and Security Management platform.
Day-to-Day, manage Two-Factor and Identity Management deployments on:
• Devices by every major Enterprise Firewall/VPN vendor; Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, etc.
• Linux/Unix systems; RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Solaris, FreeBSD, etc.
• Every Windows OS from 64bit Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition down to 32bit XP Pro.
• Popular Single Sign On (SSO) services like Microsoft ADFS/Office 365 and GoogleApps
• Major virtual server providers like Amazon EC2, Rackspace, DigitalOcean, etc.
• Mobile platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and even J2ME!
Organizations I work with include:
• Top businesses, including U.S. Top 50 and Global Fortune 500s.
• Top Private and Public Universities like Stanford, MIT, Berkley, Chicago, Michigan, etc.
• National/State Government, Law Enforcement, Justice, and Military organizations
• Major ISPs, major SaaS providers, Virtualization vendors, top Social Media sites, etc.
Compliance/Regulation Environments I work within include:
• HIPPA, HITECH, PCI DSS, SOX, NIST 800-63, FFIEC, and more!
Technical Support Specialist
April 2013 – October 2013 (7 months) Ann Arbor, Michigan
2008 – 2010 (2 years) Livonia, Michigan, USA
Mark Schmidt's Skills & Expertise
- Network Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- System Administration
- Cloud Security
- IT Strategy
- Project Management
- Technical Operations
- Vendor Management
- Agile Methodologies
- Technical Support
- Active Directory
- Network Security
- Cisco Technologies
- Operating Systems
- Windows Server
- Enterprise Security
- Microsoft Exchange
- Cloud Computing
- Network Design
- Information Security
- Data Center
Mark Schmidt's Education
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Information Systems Security / Information Assurance Management
2011 – 2014
Activities and Societies: Information Assurance Student Association, Campus Emergency Management
Certificate, Advanced Networking
2010 – 2011
Activities and Societies: Honor Student, Phi Theta Kappa (Beta Gamma Alpha chapter)