Mike McBride is a Marketing Manager from Rock Hill, SC.
- Rock Hill, South Carolina (Charlotte, North Carolina Area)
Mike McBride's Overview
- Marketing Manager at Hexstream Media
- Webmaster / Systems Manager at UMI Publications, Inc.
- Publication Manager at FrontDoor Communications
- Webmaster at Osprey
- Graphic Designer at UMI Publications, Inc
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Allegany Central High School
Mike McBride's Summary
Mike earned his BFA in Communication Graphics/Graphic Design from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in May 1993. Upon graduation, he joined UMI Publications in Charlotte where he was responsible for the design and layout of over a dozen different sports publications per year including the official "NASCAR Preview and Press Guide" magazine.
Mike also served as project manager/creative director/marketing head of "The ACC Basketball Handbook" magazine, coveted by fans World-wide. He coordinated with 30 writers and photographers nationally and controlled all marketing aspects of the magazine. After two years under his control, the magazine’s ad sales tripled and sales increased. Mike's project management work helped him land the position of Webmaster for the official site of The Handbook which he built in his spare time. One month after launching the site, it recorded over 40,000 hits with no paid banner advertising.
He moved from traditional print media to the new media of the Web. In January 2000, Mike joined Osprey’s e-commerce/Creative Design group to expand his knowledge of Internet technologies and use his creative ability to enhance Osprey’s new position in its creative design offerings to clients. Within four months, he was promoted to company Webmaster.
Since January 2007, Mike has been the Marketing Director at Industrial Test Systems, an international manufacturer in Rock Hill, SC. He-branded the company identity, introduced ITS to untapped markets, revamped the website that incorporated social media and created a SEO presence and an improved shopping experience. Within the first month of new site launch, web sales increased 15%.
Mike stays connected with the community by serving as a Board Member for Camp Boomerang, an Autistic inclusion camp and Autism Services of Mecklenburg County, Inc; a committee member for his neighborhood association, vice president of his local School Improvement Council and marketing director for the non-profit TigerWorld.
Mike McBride's Experience
Marketing Director / Social Media Manager / IT Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Chemicals industry
February 2007 – Present (7 years 8 months) Rock Hill, SC
Industrial Test Systems, Inc. (ITS), is a international manufacturer of instruments and chemistries designed to test water quality parameters. ITS services numerous industries and is a full service organization comprised of research & development, manufacturing, distribution, sales, and marketing.
• Design all paid advertisements and press releases
• Oversee Marketing department team
• Project management of new products
• Manage advertisements and materials for all 40 trade
show exhibitions worldwide.
• Build relationships with trade publications
• Design and maintain corporate identity and image
• Design all printed brochures and sales materials and product packaging
• Handle all company I.T. duties
• Handle all social media direction and tools
• Evaluate generated sales leads to establish the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Review market conditions and react to changing market demands
• Design and execute promotional campaigns
• Refer new product ideas, generated by market demand and trend, to R&D
• Research competitors and identify new strategies
Director of Marketing
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
February 2007 – Present (7 years 8 months) Rockwell, NC
Tiger World is a non-profit animal conservation center dedicated to rescue, rehabilitation, education and preservation of exotic animals.
• Developed and maintained Tiger World’s corporate website as well as design new sites for projects as needed.
• Incorporated a successful Social Media campaign increasing attendance at Tiger World while raising awareness of our cause world-wide.
• Identify areas of growth.
• Concept and design print material for marketing purposes; business cards, flyers, banners, labels, product identity, and catalog covers.
• Repair and install software to companies’ computers and peripherals as needed.
January 2004 – January 2007 (3 years 1 month)
• Provided key marketing, communications, and strategic planning to establish growing client base
• Responsible for sales cycle, including lead generation, prospecting, and closing activities
• Facilitated meeting with largest client and eventual company buyer
Webmaster / Systems Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Publishing industry
August 2003 – January 2007 (3 years 6 months)
IT Manager / Exchange Administrator
• Managed a 35 node Macintosh, Windows98, Windows XP, & Windows 2000 Server based network
• Responsible for Web maintenance and migration from development to production
• Developed and adapted new products and technologies, such as direct-to-plate and PDF flow
• Pushed critical Windows and Office updates using SUS
• Updated drivers and firmware on all servers
• Installed Linksys wireless network with relay (access) points
• Performed root-cause analysis on problem servers and desktops/laptops
• Provided daily administration of SQL Server 2000 database
• Supplied training to staff with some technical documentation
• Responsible for fixing/upgrading desktop computers, servers, and laptops
• Developed disaster recovery plan
• Oversaw installation of full t1 high speed line
• Oversaw new website design and implentation
January 2003 – August 2003 (8 months)
• Managed all production, marketing and Internet efforts for startup magazine
• Designed and created promotional materials for the sales department
• Developed advertising and marketing strategies
• Implemented an in-house distribution program complimenting traditional circulation programs
• Fostered and maintained relationships and affiliations with key clients and advertisers
• Analyzed economic conditions, business trends, and potential markets
• Conferred with artists, photographers, and other specialists to select media vehicles and estimate costs
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Financial Services industry
January 2000 – April 2002 (2 years 4 months) Charlotte, NC
• Responsibilities included budget development, annual operational planning and management of marketing communications teams
• Re-designed corporate Internet site to align user interface and functionality with branding, public relations and market intelligence requirements for the corporation as it entered pre-IPO phase of its life cycle
• Responsible for search engine optimization
• Redesigned corporate Intranet site to communicate information more effectively, saving the company thousands of dollars in lost time
• Established corporate publication standards for web display of font, logo use and related indicia
• Worked with IT, marketing and sales teams to develop processes to implement new technologies
• Responsible for organizing charity efforts, including Camp Care 5k Run for children
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Publishing industry
October 1993 – December 1999 (6 years 3 months)
• Project Manager and designer for various NASCAR publications, managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Specified, purchased and maintained all computer and related equipment.
• Designed and concepted company advertising including: all mailing pieces, marketing/promotional materials, special editorial and advertising sections, letterhead and posters
• Art directed all product photoshoots and approved all blueline and four color pieces
Mike McBride's Projects
- January 2012 to Present
It is the first product in the pool water testing market to provide complete wireless connectivity between the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod Touch® and a photometric device. Data is seamlessly transferred between the two devices when paired with the eXact® iDip® using Bluetooth® wireless technology that syncs and transmits test results in real time using a patented testing method.
The smartphone app stores the test results history of multiple water sources. Data can be shared via email and the built-in GPS feature allows for easy retrieval of water testing locations.
Mike McBride's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
- Economic Empowerment
- Social Services
Organizations I support:
- Autism Speaks
- National Autistic Society
Mike McBride's Publications
- Water Techonology
- June 15, 2012
Interviewed for marketing using social media article.
- February 1, 2012
A research brief on successfully using Social Media in manufacturing markets.
- Aqua Magazine
- January 1, 2011
Interview about Mohan the tiger cub at the 2010 IPSSA show and Tiger World.
- OCR Group
- July 15, 2013
Interviewed about our various testing solutions in the food processing industry.
Mike McBride's Skills & Expertise
- Creative Direction
- Launching Of New Products
- Market Research
- Product Development
- Project Planning
- Web Project Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Communications
- Water Quality
- Pricing Strategy
- Pricing Analysis
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media
- Promotional Material Design
- Computer Repair
- IT Management
- Computer Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Trade Show Management
- Print Production Management
- Web Design
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Management
- Social Media Evangelist
- Social Media Integration
- Product Launch
- Trade Shows
- Direct Mail
- Competitive Analysis
- Logo Design
- Public Relations
- Press Releases
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Brand Development
- Integrated Marketing
- Online Marketing
Mike McBride's Education
BFA, Communication Arts
1988 – 1993
Activities and Societies: Pi Lambda Phi - PA Delta Phi
Allegany Central High School
BS, Advertising / Art
1984 – 1988
Mike McBride's Additional Information
Raising my boys, volunteering, Autism, new technology, rec basketball, football, hockey
- Groups and Associations:
Board Member, Autism Services (ASMC), Advisory Board Member - Camp Boomerang for Autistic Children (Siskey YMCA), Vice President, Orchard Park Elementary School Improvement Council Pi Lamdba Phi International Fraternity,
- Honors and Awards:
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Young Professional of the Year (1997)
Contact Mike for:
- career opportunities
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch