- San Francisco Bay Area
Mike Lin's Overview
- me at sabbatical
- Pomona College
- School Year Abroad (SYA), Barcelona, Spain
- Western Reserve Academy
5 people have recommended Mike
Mike Lin's Summary
UI designer with 17+ years experience designing consumer-facing websites, focused on user-centered design, business objectives, and brand.
Mike Lin's Experience
Lead UI Designer
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Computer Games industry
September 2010 – June 2013 (2 years 10 months)
Worked on the interaction / visual design of platform products for Zynga's games on facebook including the zBar (cross game promo header located above the game canvas) and the Inbox (mailbox for games), RewardVille (a product that let players earn rewards for playing Zynga games) and the Zynga Developers website.
Senior UI Designer
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; LNKD; Internet industry
May 2006 – September 2010 (4 years 5 months)
I joined LinkedIn as it's second UI Designer, when the company had 50 employees and 6 million members. By the time I left, the company had grown to 850 employees and 80 million members.
As a member of the consumer and infrastructure team, I worked on the interaction / visual design of profile pages, registration pages, and the home page.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; yhoo; Internet industry
April 2002 – May 2006 (4 years 2 months)
• Designed interaction and visual design for Yahoo! Shopping's My List product, which allowed users to create personal lists, sharable wishlists, and publicly viewable Pick Lists.
• Designed interaction and visual design templates for Yahoo! Shopping's seasonal promotions, incorporating search engine optimization best practices. Clicks within the 2004 holiday seasonal increased 202% year over year.
• Re-designed interaction and visual design for Yahoo! Shopping actor & music artist pages - pageviews increased 52% post launch, and rose 96% year over year.
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; SAPE; Information Technology and Services industry
February 1998 – February 2002 (4 years 1 month)
I joined Sapient via it's acquisition of Adjacency.
• Redesigned Nissan vehicle configurators, which enhanced usability, added functionality, and streamlined the configurator process.
• Developed design style guide for the California State Automobile Association site, which facilitated offshore web development in India.
• Collaborated with team of designers to create visual design of Walmart.com. Recognized by usability guru Jakob Nielsen as having "consistent navigation, clean graphics, fast download times, respectable keyword search, and ease of use."
February 1998 – April 1999 (1 year 3 months)
Adjacency was a boutique internet design agency in San Francisco, acquired by Sapient in April 2009. There were 25 employees when I started, and 57 when we were acquired.
• Collaborated with a team of designers to create sites for Williams-Sonoma and AutoNation Direct
• Designed pages and coded HTML for Land Rover, Patagonia, Powerbar, and Rollerblade sites.
Tour Manager Assistant / Blogger
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; VFC; Apparel & Fashion industry
June 1995 – August 1997 (2 years 3 months)
The Warped Tour is a music festival, with the honor of being North America's longest-running touring festival.
1995 — Inaugural year of the tour. Employed as the tour manager's assistant.
1996 — Designed the website, went out on tour to write daily road reports and take photos for the website.
1997 — Went out on tour to create content for the website.
Mike Lin's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Mike Lin's Skills & Expertise
Mike Lin's Education
Bachelor of Arts
1990 – 1994
Organized and promoted several concerts on campus including: Rage Against the Machine, No Doubt, Catherine Wheel, The Samples and Matt Nathanson.
Activities and Societies: CCLA (Committee for Campus Life Activities)
School Year Abroad (SYA), Barcelona, Spain
1988 – 1989
Western Reserve Academy
1986 – 1990
Mike Lin's Additional Information
street art, snowboarding, travel
- Groups and Associations:
- Honors and Awards:
Zynga Rockstar Award, Q4 2010 - Excellence in Design
Contact Mike for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- getting back in touch