Join LinkedIn and access Mickel's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Mickel directly
Highly trained and certified professional seeking a position within the information technology field to expand and build on my current understanding of technology in a growth oriented position in which I can be a valuable asset utilizing experience and strong work ethic.
Specialties include but are not limited to:
EMC Storage Technologies
Cisco Switches and Configuration Design
Microsoft Server and Desktop technologies
Microsoft Desktop Applications
Financial Trading Systems
Maintain day to day service calls relating to EMC storage systems.
Specialist in Isilon and VNX
Support VNX, Isilon, VMAX, Data Domain, Avamar, XTREMIO, ATMOS
- Plan Change Control activities for system upgrades,storage array installations and implementations. Configure arrays for implementation into customer environments.
- High Level Presentations outlying best practices for data storage designs.
- Fabric Design for Storage area Netwroks
- Swtich Zoning and VLAN configuration
- Back Up Systems design (Avamar, Data Domain)
- Cloud Computing - ATMOS, VIPR, Tenant and Sub Tenant Design and implementation
- Supported traders on Multiple platforms including X-Trader, Cunningham and custom trading apps
- Maintained routers, firewalls, and switches to secure connectivity across multiple network segments
- Managed and Maintained Data Center(s) meshed together on a global WAN using VPLS standards
- Lead Team on large scale projects to improve technology infrastructure
- Server installations and maintenance on multiple platforms
- Monitored critical processes on servers running exchange prices and orders
- Linux Administration via SSH terminal to a global array of servers
- Windows Server Administration for local TT gateway servers
- Custom App Support for proprietary trading front end platforms
- Maintained and monitored customer configurations
- Installed and configured networking hardware for clients such as firewalls, routers, switches, and access points
- Managed migration of Windows 2000 to Windows XP on 500 nodes
- Upgraded and configured servers for various clients
- Configured routers, switches and firewalls for various clients based on technical needs
- Trained customer technical staff on various networking and software technologies
- Created Active Directory accounts for network users with specific permissions
- Setup VPN access for remote users
- Implemented Ghost Server and managed systems images
- Added Active Directory users to the domain with required permissions
- Maintained hardware and software inventory using Asset Navigator
Installed and configured laptops and desktops for users
Configured applications such as 3270 and 5250 emulators for AS400, remote access using Cisco VPN client and AT&T global dial-up
Phone support for various technical issues
Repaired various Gateway desktops and laptops for customers
Performed back-ups, restores, and virus / adware removal on computers
Replaced hardware components such as motherboards, processors and memory, etc.
Trained clients on virus protection and internet technologies and other applications
Went on-site to various clients in order to troubleshoot hardware and software issues
Configured machines in-house before shipping them to customers
End-user support with issues relating to Outlook, ACT, and Citrix
Built and configured Apple systems for clients.
Setup network connectivity and drive mappings on Apple platforms
Configured Outlook e-mail clients for use with Apple systems
Installed Cable modems
Installed network cards in various PC's and Apple systems
Configured and tested internet connectivity and e-mail accounts on Outlook
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Skid Row Los Angeles
St.Verena Church in Orange, CA.Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
Feed the Honeless of the Downtown Los Angeles Area. Team would meet on Saturdays to prepare meals and then head to Downtown Los Angeles and hand out the meals and clothing. Also built social relationships with victims in order to offer assitance for recovery efforts.
Opportunities Mickel is looking for:
- Joining a nonprofit board
- Skills-based volunteering (pro bono consulting)
Causes Mickel cares about:
Organizations Mickel supports:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Best Practices
- Customer Service
- Kicking Ass
- Project Management
- Technical Support
- See 6+ See less
- Helping people. Football,
- money management,
Advice for Contacting Mickel
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Associate Customer Engineer at EMC Corporation
Customer Service Engineer at EMC
HR Manager at TRC Staffing Services, Inc.
Business Development Program Manager at MINDBODY, Inc.
President, African Express Travel & Tours
Sr. Tax Analyst at Hyatt Hotels Corporation