ETL Developer at Block Vision, Inc.
- Columbia, Maryland (Baltimore, Maryland Area)
- Computer Software
Michael Vick's Overview
- Etl Developer / Enterprise Report Writer at Block Vision, Inc.
Michael Vick's Summary
Programmer with diversified information technology experience. Expertise in multiple databases and languages. An energetic, detail-oriented problem solver with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Track record of working through problems and seeing objectives achieved. Michael-Vick@swbell.net
Databases: SQL Server 7.0,2000,2005, Oracle 8.0.4 , 9I, 10g, Microsoft Access 2.0 & 97, 2000,2003, Sybase, DB2(OS390)
Languages: ASP, ASP.NET, ‘ C ’ , VBA, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, Basic, Triggers, Procedure, Cursors
OS Languages: IBM/PC: UNIX, DOS, Windows, VAX
Reporting: Impromptu 3.0, PRF reporting, Crystal Reporting
ETL: Data Integrator (pervasive), DTS
Email Marketing: Epiphany, Dreammail for Epsilon, Targetbase
Michael Vick's Experience
Etl Developer / Enterprise Report Writer
October 2012 – Present (2 years) Linthcum, MD
Senior ETL Developer
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Software industry
March 2012 – October 2012 (8 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Working on Pervasive Software to build ETL's for company's that deal with Collection Agencies.
Database Specialist II
Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; Government Administration industry
August 2009 – April 2012 (2 years 9 months)
Data modeling, Building ETL processes, Learn, modify, create,build functionality within a tera database for THE new Tax System (SAP COTS) (MITS).
Database Developer / ETL
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
November 2004 – March 2009 (4 years 5 months)
- Created Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package to build extracts, Put the files into sftp/ftp, along with an email notification to speedup problem solving.
- Created / Sproc / DTS to build client extract to speed up deliver
- Used SQL Profiler to analyze the performance of Views / Query for reporting needs.
- Built Sproc’s to speed up performances for View/ Query’s and benefited the client do to the speed savings.
- Designed Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes to process web data to get the data to the OLAP DB for reporting website activities using Technologies such as Pervasive, SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, isql, BCP, Batch files, and send mail functionality.
- Designed / Built Shell script for extraction of data, Build Log, and Build Email Notification to automate the jobs to keep the maintenance and manual work down ultimately to save money.
- Designed sproc to move data / do complex manipulation of the data for purposes of emailing categories of consumers for personalized Emails.
- Design email campaigns to do dynamically build emails to specific consumer groups.
- Build Crystal Reports using complex queries to solve business needs regarding time entry to better understand what is being billed.
- Build Dynamic Crystal Reports for product services to find out where the improvements can be.
- Build awk functionality to build in error control to add better subject line wording to speed up verification.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
November 2003 – November 2004 (1 year 1 month)
Transfered Access 97 database to Access Data Project. Did not use the upsize wizard (To Complicated). Manual transfered all SQL to T-SQL. Convertions are my strengths. Mid to Upper level SQL Server Programmer using UDF, Stored Procedures, Building DTS packages, Performance Tuning, Etc. This Project enhanced my skills in sending tables,numbers, and strings around using Store Procedures and UDF functions. If you have an Access/SQL Server Problem and need a solution, I am your man.
SQL Server 2000 Dev
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
August 2003 – October 2003 (3 months)
Building C# Programs to Monitor processes.
Develop Process to create Stats for performance tuning.
Evalute Whole System and Build flow diagrams using Visio/VBA.
Developer in SQL Server & Web (ASP) & Access Tester in All Internet Ordering Software
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; VZ; Information Technology and Services industry
June 1999 – August 2003 (4 years 3 months)
SQL DBA / SQL DEV
SQL Design / Dev -
Developed UI for SQL Server nec for DML's
Used reusable Stored Procedures to speed up the sql
Cursors, unless no other options were available.
Triggers Before & after data chgs
ISQL Built Unix Script to run iSQL automating job
& BCP fmt for imp/ exp for data. Analysis
Services - Built Data warehouses and Data Cube
Data warehousing (13M records per month)
Built Web Based appl with ASP for forms & reports to start the flow of data
Built ASP Pages using MS InterDev for VB & Java script, HTML, CDONT
Access 97 Developer
MS Access Front End - Mgs the data from the web site, Product reports for mgt.
Designed/Built Qtrly and Mthly rep. w/ Dync SQL statements util. Crystal Reps
Created Pass-through Query that would interface with other database.
Used Access 97 as a UI to automate the data flow & clean up. Controlled and built all objects in Sql Server using isql.
Michael Vick's Skills & Expertise
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Data Warehousing
- Data Modeling
- Microsoft Excel
- Crystal Reports
Michael Vick's Education
Michael Vick's Additional Information
Contact Michael for:
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch