Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer | Establish Sustainable Startups and Orchestrate Successful Turnarounds for $40M+ Companies
|Recommendations||4 people have recommended Michael|
Join LinkedIn & access Michael's full profile
Chief Executive Officer
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER | CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
I have over 15 years of combined success as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) and a track record of creating strategic direction and implementing actionable plans that drive financial and operating performance to exceed expectations.
My background includes leading import/export operations, sourcing suppliers in Europe and South America, negotiating contracts, managing logistics, and distributing products to clients in Asia.
As COO for TWIST, I expanded the business through M&A and entrance into new markets.
As the CEO of JJ Buckley, I grew the company from startup to $40M+ in annual revenue and successful sale.
Currently as the CEO of TONSOR, I turned around six unprofitable acquisitions to reach/trend toward profitability in 12 months.
I am particularly strong in defining, articulating, and translating business vision and strategies into profitable results and integrating technology into corporate practices for optimal business performance.
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
* Providing operational leadership for all aspects of P&L, quality, delivery, and customer satisfaction.
* Establishing vision, strategy, and operational plans to achieve business targets and ramp up company growth and profitability.
* Building leadership organizations into high performance teams that deliver results.
* Expanding footprint and product/service penetration through innovation, M&A activity, and physical presence in new markets.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
Strategy, Planning & Execution
P&L/Cash Flow Management
Multi-site Operations Leadership
Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
Process & Procedure Development
Technology System Integration
Management Team Building & Leadership
Own and operate 14 multi-brand franchised hair salons across Northern California generating more than $3M in annual revenue. Guide team of two district managers to manage daily operations and oversee outsourced accounting and marketing functions. Hold full P&L responsibility. Deliver quarterly reports and distributions to private minority investors.
* Established and grew start-up business to generate $800K in first-year revenue.
* Added $2.7M in annual revenue via acquisition.
Retained through acquisition of JJ Buckley/WineCommune to direct all daily sales and fulfillment operations. Supervised all import/export operations involving container shipments from Europe several times per month. Managed all aspects of IT including website, back-end sales and fulfillment, warehouse inventory management, and reporting systems. Oversaw warehouse operations with 50K total square feet located in three states. Controlled $40M+ annual budget. Led team of 60 employees.
* Added $5M in annual revenue and entered two key markets.
* Integrated $3M acquisition within 60 days and with no interruption to customer service.
* Optimized website and back-end systems providing efficient company-wide access to real-time data.
Founded and operated online wine retailer and operator of consumer-focused wine-related websites. Set business strategy, executed vision, and established all operating systems for website, marketing, sales, fulfillment, customer service, and accounting; hired directors for each department. Sourced suppliers in France, South America, and Germany, coordinated all logistics, hedged currencies, and managed import process. Exported wine to clients in China, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
* Established and grew company from hobby website to profitable business with $40M+ in annual revenue and 80 employees.
* Survived and grew following 2008 economic downturn with 15% revenue and profit growth over prior year.
* Led successful and profitable sale to strategic investor, Twist Inc.
Owner and managing partner of restaurant and catering company.
Manager of the flagship restaurant in a small restaurant company
As a Board Member, I help provide governance for this $50MM, 700 employee organization dedicated to alleviating poverty through job training and placement.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.