Join LinkedIn and access Michael's full profile. It's free!
As a LinkedIn member, you'll join 300 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.
- See who you know in common
- Get introduced
- Contact Michael directly
Career medical devices technical and customer services leader with over 20 years experience building, developing and growing profitable, customer focused service businesses. Extensive and progressive leadership experience in Field Service and Service Operations management with a proven track record for consistently delivering financial growth and operational effectiveness while passionately focused on service delivery excellence. Expertise includes:
• Organizational leadership and staff development
• Strategic planning and budgeting
• Service force effectiveness, metrics and standards
• Service contract sales and marketing
• Project management
• Cash and receivables management
• Six Sigma certified
• Cost productivity and controls
Specialties:Field Service, Operations Management, Project Management, Staff Management, Service Sales, Service Marketing, Six Sigma, Diagnostic Ultrasound
Responsible for developing the service strategy for 3M’s Chairside Oral Scanner, a three-dimensional imaging system used in creating dental restorations. (Five months into role 3M closed the facility and consolidated operations)
• Staffed, trained and developed level two and level three help desk function providing hardware, software and case management support and delivering exceptional customer service to Dentists and Dental Labs.
• Key member of site leadership team working collaboratively to develop and implement programs to drive organizational efficiencies, cost management and customer success.
Responsible for the financial and operational success of the Ultrasound Service business while delivering world-class customer support.
• Reorganized, developed and managed the service team including field service, service sales, technical specialists and administrative support team in delivering $74M in revenue
• Consistently delivered double-digit revenue growth with an AAGR of 12% by engaging sales and field leadership in driving service contract sales and non-contract growth programs
• Led cultural change to instill a customer-centric mind set by implementing training programs and linking rewards to performance driving a 27 point improvement in Net Promoter Score (NPS)
• Delivered more than $1M in annual savings by leading cross-functional teams driving cost productivity programs
• Created a “Cash Culture” by developing a comprehensive approach to Account Receivables and collections resulting in a 22% reduction in past due invoices and a 13% reduction in invoice credits
• Delivered significant improvements in key service metrics by developing standards, reporting and operational rigor
• Developed a manpower assessment tool using Six Sigma processes to optimize field engineer staffing and productivity
Managed field service operations and led 71 people supporting customers in the eastern USA, Canada and Caribbean delivering $41M in revenue and $22M in contribution margin.
• Crafted service delivery and market strategy for working with the growing multi-vendor service and asset management movement
• Served as an active team member appointed to assist in the successful integration of Acuson by Siemens
• Winner of Gold Standard Round Table award for achieving financial, operational and customer care excellence
Staffed, developed and led a strong cross-functional team of 74 service professionals supporting customers in the eastern USA delivering $30M in sales.
• Established and managed zone office with call center and service contract sales
• Appointed project lead in the development of a new service contract portfolio including pricing and discount strategies, promotions and incentives and an expanded distribution strategy incorporating the equipment sales team
• Developed and launched a multi-vendor service initiative that protected and expanded the revenue base
• Multiple awards and consistently recognized for delivering on all financial, operational and customer commitments
- Staff Management
- Process Improvement
- Operational Excellence
- Cross-functional Team...
- Program Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Planning
- Services Marketing
- Six Sigma
- Field Service
- Customer Service
- Medical Devices
- Marketing Management
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Sales Operations
- Service Delivery
- Sales Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- See 11+ See less
- Boating and water sports,
- biking and snow skiing. League basketball. Learning to cook.
Advice for Contacting Michael
Search by name
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
People Also Viewed
Director, Field Service Operations
Director Global Service Marketing
Director, Field Service Operations at Hologic Inc.
National Director of Field Service, Eppendorf NA
Global Technical Support Manager at Beckman Coulter
Director of US Field Service - Mindray Medical NA
Service Manager at Sekisui Diagnostics, LLC
Vice President Worldwide Service, Datascope Corp.
Service Director at Beckman Coulter
Find a different Michael Heenan
Vice-President, Quality Strategic Information and Performance Systems at St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto
CEO ,Principal, Design Allen Jack+Cottier Architects
National Procurement Manager at IBM
ENG/EFP Camera/Editor at CBC Television
Supply Chain Specialist - Open to New Opportunities
Brussels Area, Belgium