Institute for Trend Research
Database Developer at Institute for Trend Research
|Recommendations||2 people have recommended Michael|
Join LinkedIn & access Michael's full profile
SQL Server developer and analyst with expertise in analysis, design, development and production of relational and dimensional databases.
o Possess significant experience in research, project design and report generation
o Develop databases on SQL Server platform
o Manage and manipulate very large (TB) multidimensional databases
o Demonstrate strong knowledge of mathematics and statistical analysis, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
o Able to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
o Possess excellent decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills
o Model databases and develop tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, etc
o Work closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications
o Can provide guidance to other technical professionals
Specialties:Relational and dimensional databases. Data analysis, SQL Server, MS Access and SAS programming.
Higher education - math and science.
Intermodal freight transportation. Freight data.
• Develop company databases in MS Access and SQL Server. Work on transition from Excel-centric data structure to SQL Server platform in the Cloud
• Assess data sources and run scheduled updates
• Create queries, stored procedures in SQL Server and Access. Develop charts and reports
• Teach Algebra and Statistics courses to college students on-site and online
• Use educational technology to convey the subject matter to students, e.g. Pearson online Math courses and Black Board educational software
• Provided consulting services to local technology companies. Among corporate clients were MetroPCS in Chelmsford, MA and P&R Dental Strategies in Nashua, NH
• Worked with multi-TB Data Warehouse residing in the Cloud
• Wrote queries, stored procedures and views in SQL Server 2008R2. Created reports
• Optimized performance: indexed tables and used a mix of database objects, e.g. view vs. table or permanent vs. temporary table
• Worked on transition of company databases from Access to SQL Server
• Served as lead developer in the production cycle for company’s commercial information product.
• Assessed data sources, developed and refined processing algorithms. Implemented data modeling and database development on SQL Server platform and SAS. Transitioned the database from SQL Server version 2000 to 2005 and later to 2008.
• Wrote SQL queries, stored procedures and views to handle tables up to 100M rows long.
• Introduced parallel processing of the data streams to cut the database production time by 30%.
• Administered SQL Server at times. Ran maintenance tasks, performed differential and full backups, created jobs to handle routine tasks.
• Designed and built custom databases for federal and state agencies and private sector.
• Supervised a group of employees on project-by-project basis.
• Presented reports at Transportation Research Board workshops and meetings.
• Served as project manager and lead developer in the annual production cycle of the company’s main database product. Data modeling required in-depth knowledge of various sources of information in freight transportation
• Implemented database development on SQL Server platform
• Reduced processing time and moved the database production cycle 1 year forward
• Managed a group of 4 employees.
Irkutsk Unversity, Russian Federation
Sound for Film
Toronto, Canada Area
Manager at EY
Java Developer at First Line Software, Inc
Software Engeneer at Transas Aviation
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
Masters of Education Student
Senior Audit Manager at State Street
Radiographer/Mammographer at Henrietta D Goodall Hospital
Project Manager at CT
Студент в организации Universitatea Tehnică a Moldovei
Video, photo and graphic design at Videodom.us
Architect at Equator, LLC
Creative Director at Harvard Medical School