SVP Product at Etsy
|Recommendations||22 people have recommended Mike|
Join LinkedIn & access Mike's full profile
Expertise building, marketing, scaling and monetizing online consumer, b2b, and social media products.
Consistent track record of delivering innovation, user and revenue growth at leading Internet companies for over 15 years.
Interested in building new products, experiences and revenue streams and working with high-impact teams.
Specialties: Consumer internet products, social media, online advertising, product vision, product roadmaps, prioritization, product team leadership, Agile development process, business development, sales, general management, partnerships, business modeling, product definition, product planning, hiring product managers, personalization, online marketing, social media marketing, guerrilla marketing and PR, event-based marketing.
Helping re-imagine commerce.
Led Product Management at Pandora.
I led a product team responsible for the cross-functional leadership of product strategy, management and analytics that delivered consistent product innovation, metrics growth and monetization efficiencies for the company.
* Doubled size of product management & analytics organization while developing key talent at all levels of the organization.
* To drive growth for Pandora and engagement for Pandora listeners, the team shipped a number of high-impact features in only one year including a comprehensive A/B Testing Platform, Station Recommendations, personalized Mobile Push Notifications, Proprietary Ad Targeting Segments, Promoted Stations, the Pandora Alarm Clock, Sleep Timer, Pandora One Free Trials, enhanced Listener Onboarding and there are many more innovative and confidential products in the pipeline for 2014 launches.
* 11 months with daily active listener growth and diminished seasonal declines (Triton Digital metrics, Apr '14). Record monthly active listeners (77M, May '14), total listener hours (1.73B hrs May '14, 28% y.o.y growth), subscribers and subscription revenue (q1 '14 $39.5M rev, 94% y.o.y growth) and ad efficiencies (q1 '14 mobile RPM $29, 44% y.o.y growth).
LinkedIn Company Pages Product Development and Monetization
Developed and led product strategy and execution to drive key engagement metrics while building native monetization of company content on LinkedIn.
* Launched Company Page Redesign, Targeted Status Updates, Revamped Analytics & APIs, Company Follow Plugin, Groups integration, Rich Media Sharing, and Admin Notifications
* 7x growth in Company Status Updates, XXx revenue growth year-over-year and Company Pages growth to over 3MM companies on LinkedIn.
Product Management for LinkedIn Premium Advertising Products.
Led creation of new premium ad products and programs for Marketing & Hiring Solutions business lines.
Highlights include creation and launch of:
* Company Follow Native Ad Monetization Program for Marketing Solutions Business
* LinkedIn Certified Developer Program for 3rd Party Developers including Buddy Media, WildFire, HootSuite, ThisMoment and more.
* Native Recruitment Ads for the Hiring Solutions Business including "Picture Yourself" and "Career Follow" products.
Activated Networks built social media marketing campaigns that leveraged Facebook Platform, Twitter Platform, and other major social networks to build buzz, traffic and followers for major brands.
Bootstrapped company with custom implementations of social media marketing and influence-generating platform used to launch hundreds of social campaigns for small companies, major brands and leading media properties.
As CEO & Founder, built products, managed engineering, marketing and design, closed sales, and developed creative campaigns for customers. Highlights include:
- Launched Ashton Kutcher on Twitter with social marketing campaign '24 Hours at Sundance' culminating in first-to-1MM Twitter Followers status.
- Launched TV Mega-Hit "Glee" with 1st of-its-kind social media marketing and influence campaign, "Biggest Gleek", went live 2 weeks before show aired to build social buzz. Campaign highlighted in NYTimes and CNN.
- Launched NBC's 3rd season of Chuck with "Mission: Chuck Me Out" social campaign leading to highest ratings since post-SuperBowl episode and #1 most engaged TV website.
Additional social media influence marketing campaigns conceived, launched and managed on the Activated Networks platform included brands such as: So You Think You Can Dance (Fox), Bones (Fox), NBC Network, Atlantic Records, Peanuts and more.
Each campaign included strategy, tech and metrics dashboards to drive and measure highly effective & customized social marketing campaigns for social buzz, web traffic, press, and ratings success.
Pro-actively created social media platform used by 100+ Yahoo! properties in US & Intl markets: from idea to team-building through multiple, 7-figure-revenue generating launches.
Monetized initial launches with live video events such as the MTV Movie Awards, Yahoo! Talent show (sponsored by Pepsi) and Breast Cancer Awareness celebrity awareness blog-a-thon (sponsored by Novartis).
Platform used to generate engagement and revenue on products such as Yahoo News, Sports, Music, Buzz, Shine, and 100+ user-generated content integrations.
Team awarded first Yahoo! Platform Builder Award.
Product Manager then Senior Product Manager for Yahoo! Health.
Lead role in product development, day-to-day site operations, and cross-functional management of sales, marketing and business development activities for multi-million dollar business line. Led 3 major re-designs and new product launches to grow revenue 10x in 3 years.
Pro-actively developed and launched Yahoo's internal professional blogging platform still used on over 100 Yahoo! sites in 10 countries.
Launched consumer-facing blogs on Yahoo! with live events and 7-digit advertising revenue streams.
Launched 1st Yahoo! Agile Product Development process with core development team for Y Health with marked increases in team members' job satisfaction, productivity and product quality. Key evangelist for Agile at Yahoo!
Director of business development and lead producer for online health content and community site.
A parody of a successful best-seller offers survival rules for young adults facing the dog-eat-dog world of middle school