Communications & Marketing Professional
- Greater Seattle Area
- Marketing and Advertising
Meghan Granito's Overview
Meghan Granito's Summary
As a marketing professional with over five years of experience, I believe that in marketing, it is all about building relationships. I have a passion for communicating effectively, connecting individuals, and promoting a genuine brand. As an event planner with over nine years of experience, I have a strong attention to detail, find joy in bringing a new perspective to traditional functions, and believe that the best impression is a solid first impression.
I am a firm believer that social media is here to stay. It is a cultural evolution, and creative and consistent social engagement is one of the most important focus areas of a successful company or organization. I am a Twitter enthusiast.
What I have done and do: Event planning, Fundraising, Managing teams (5-65 people), Social media strategy and management, Material and web design, Photography, Project management, Branding and identity, Workshop and training facilitation, Effective presentations, Team development, Strategic thinking
Digital media & other tools: Blogger, WordPress, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, MailChimp, iContact, HTML, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Meghan Granito's Experience
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Law Practice industry
September 2012 – Present (2 years 1 month) Seattle, WA
Graham & Dunn is a nationally-recognized, industry-focused law firm with offices in Seattle, Washington, and Long Beach, California. Our practice is organized by Industry and Practice teams that work both individually and collaboratively to provide exceptional legal services to our clients. We represent businesses across all major industries with their legal needs in the areas of corporate finance, labor and employment, intellectual property, natural resources, estate planning, real estate, litigation and dispute resolution, and general corporate matters.
As the marketing coordinator for Graham & Dunn, I support the Marketing Director and Marketing Partner with firm marketing efforts.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and print all marketing materials for presentations and marketing packets. This involves updating profiles and bios, printing articles, etc.
- Coordinate on and off-site firm and attorney events, including agenda, venue logistics, invite list and meeting preparation materials
- Assist with Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and submissions
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for attorney and firm presentations
- Website management, serving as primary contact with hosting company and backend vendors
- E-Newsletters: formatting, uploading, mailing list preparation, tracking and reporting; manage email distribution list efforts involving list generation, tracking, reporting and updating
- Coordinate business card ordering, photographers, directory listings, etc. for new attorney and paralegal hires
- Assist in graphic design of announcements, invitations, web/print advertisements, and website graphic work using Adobe Creative Suite
- Internal database management (Prolaw)
- Coordinate and prepare collateral pieces for practice teams
- Manage firm social media efforts, including multiple practice team blogs
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Executive Office industry
August 2012 – Present (2 years 2 months)
Network Specialist-Recruitment, 2013-present
Network Specialist-Development, University of Washington, 2012-2013
Alpha Omicron Pi is a community of over 150,000 members through 115 years of excellence. We proudly support arthritis research and education as the platform for our international philanthropic efforts, in addition to outreach and community service projects catered to the local communities of our chapters. As a membership-based organization, AOII relies heavily on volunteer involvement from our alumnae members to function on a local and international level.
As the Network Specialist-Recruitment, I serve as a liaison between the collegiate chapters and Alpha Omicron Pi's leadership. My primary role is to develop and implement a customized strategy to support the growth and health of AOII collegiate chapters in the Pacific Northwest and western Canada, focusing on recruitment, new member education, public relations, membership retention, and Panhellenic relations. I am also charged with communicating and supporting AOII’s mission, leadership vision, and strategic plan.
Assistant Director of Chapter Services
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Executive Office industry
June 2010 – June 2012 (2 years 1 month) Brentwood, TN
International Headquarters is staffed by more than forty employees who bring to our Fraternity a varied background of talents and professional experience in business, education, non-profit, service and sales.
The Assistant Director of Chapter Services (ADCS) collaborates with and provides support to assigned Network Teams, and collegiate/alumnae chapters of Alpha Omicron Pi. The ADCS supports the Fraternity’s Strategic Plan by providing leadership, partnership, and proactive solutions. We are responsible for helping chapters develop goals and objectives that achieve/exceed the Standards of Excellence.
As the ADCS, I continually developed and maintained meaningful relationships with local and international staff and volunteers, as well as collegiate members of the organization, vendors and university personnel. Created and continually maintained electronic database to analyze membership growth within the organization, resulting in increased staff and volunteer understanding of Alpha Omicron Pi's mission and goals.
- Through effective partnerships and communication and collaboration, organization membership has increased 25 percent in assigned regions, creating higher, positive visibility and consistent, exceptional member experiences.
- Successfully led two expansion efforts involving creating comprehensive public relations plans, project plans, cultivating relationships, and maintaining social media outlets (website, Twitter, blog, Facebook), resulting in 200+ new members and increased volunteer support by 40+ individuals.
- Designed new manual templates for educational resources using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Created 10+ PowerPoint presentations for use by a variety of executives at International Convention with an audience of 600+ people.
Nonprofit; 501-1000 employees; Health, Wellness and Fitness industry
June 2009 – May 2010 (1 year) Spokane, WA
MDA combats neuromuscular diseases through programs of worldwide research, comprehensive medical and community services, and far-reaching professional and public health education. With national headquarters in Tucson, Arizona. MDA has more than 200 offices across the country, sponsors some 200 hospital-affiliated clinics and supports nearly 330 research projects around the world. The Association's programs are funded almost entirely by individual private contributors.
As a fundraising coordinator, I planned and coordinated special events and fundraising programs, including golf tournaments, social events and other community initiatives. Increased our repeat donor and volunteer base by 125% through maintained public relations venues, including Facebook and monthly newsletters, detailing the advancements in the Muscular Dystrophy Association areas of research and client development. Regularly hired and trained recruitment staff to maximize fundraising outcomes.
- Delivered organized, structured, and persuasive presentations to potential corporate sponsors, potential donors and local volunteers leading to 10+ new partnerships for the local organization.
- Successfully worked with staff to develop innovative opportunities for volunteers and clients, resulting in increased income by $50,000.
- Consistently decreased average event costs by 21-33% through a thoroughly developed strategic event plan.
Meghan Granito's Publications
Authors: Meghan Granito
- May 21, 2014
This post originally appeared on my blog, Social in the 206 (http://www.socialinthe206.com).
Authors: Meghan Granito
- To Dragma, Alpha Omicron Pi
- July 2012
While attending Eastern Washington University, I was stalked by a fraternity man for two years, finally ending with a restraining order in 2009. In an effort to educate sorority women across the US and Canada, I shared my story in the Summer 2012 edition of Alpha Omicron Pi's publication, To Dragma.
Meghan Granito's Organizations
Alpha Omicron Pi, Women's Fraternity
Social Media Chair, Seattle Alumnae Chapter, 2013-Present
Network Specialist - Recruitment, 2013-Present
Member, Seattle Alumnae Chapter, 2012-Present
Network Specialist - Development, 2012-2013
Member, Nashville Alumnae Chapter, 2010-2012
Chapter President, Tau Gamma Chapter, 2008-2009
Legal Marketing Association
Events Committee, LMA Northwest Chapter
Eastern Washington University Alumni Association
Order of Omega
Chapter President, Eastern Washington University, 2008-2009
Charter Member, Eastern Washington University, 2007
Muscular Dystrophy Association
Unit Leader, South Sound Chapter, 2007-2008
Camp Counselor, South Sound Chapter, 2003-2008
Meghan Granito's Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes I care about:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
Organizations I support:
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- Circle of Sisterhood
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- American Heart Association
- The Humane Society of the United States
Meghan Granito's Skills & Expertise
- Social Media
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Mac OS X
- Problem Solving
- Social Networking
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Networking Sites
- Event Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Public Relations
- Event Management
- Press Releases
- Media Relations
- Time Management
- OS X
- Project Management
- Program Management
- Marketing Communications
- Graphic Design
Meghan Granito's Education
Bachelors of Arts, Communication Studies in Public Relations, Business, Sociology
Summa Cum Laude
Ad Majorem Honors
Activities and Societies: Order of Omega Fraternity - Charter Member, Alpha Omicron Pi Women's Fraternity - Past Chapter President, Honors Program
Meghan Granito's Additional Information
Contact Meghan for:
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Meghan Granito’s full profile to...
- See who you and Meghan Granito know in common
- Get introduced to Meghan Granito
- Contact Meghan Granito directly