White Rabbit Studios LLC
Principal at White Rabbit Studios LLC
|Recommendations||2 people have recommended Meagan|
Join LinkedIn & access Meagan's full profile
My professional career spans three countries, Australia, the USA and Thailand, across both technical and creative fields. I have a considerable background in business operations, digital media content creation and production, online marketing and social-media communication as well as industry awards in filmmaking and photography.
Working overseas in the heart of the internet industry, coupled with extensive hours working in both the operational and creative side of international businesses has given me a considerable background, educated perspective, global outlook and a well rounded understanding of Venture Capital in, and of the digital media space.
I am one of those people that can take a massively complex deliverable and break it up into a thousand manageable pieces, and then rapidly complete them in sequence/out of sequence for an on-time delivery of the project. Additionally when external factors complicate or delay tasks at hand, my creative ‘out of the box thinking’ quickly identifies alternate solutions.
I have traveled extensively through 5 continents and some 40 countries including climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, hiking the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea, and travelling to meet and photograph over 30 Facebook friends living in America, Canada, France, Finland, Greece, Thailand and Japan.
Some checked off bucket list activities include; Burningman, Heli-skiing Canada, Shuttle Launch, African safari wildebeest migration and deep sea scuba diving.
Australian Citizen and USA Legal Permanent Resident
Also known as: Meagan Kae Vanzyl
Specialties: Visual storytelling, Social Listening, Life Photography, Film-Making, Creative Media, Social Media Marketing & Web Presence Strategy, Client negotiations and conflict resolution, Thinking and Living Outside of the Box.
White Rabbit Studios is a digital media company that covers all aspects of video production.
Pre-production, filming, post-production (editing) and associated marketing.
Working with the latest 4K video equipment and editing suites, we are able to deliver exceptional image quality.
In early to mid 2000 Target Velocity was an IT consultancy company, with a focus on Venture Capital investment for startup companies. The company typically provided Convertible Note/Series A investment, supporting assistance on the Board of Directors and comprehensive early stage business planning advice. Now in 2013, Target Velocity focuses on helping digital media businesses enter new international markets. Key market expertise in the USA, South East Asia and Australia.
Working directly with the CEO (based in Bangkok) managing the San Francisco Office.
* Helping Asian and Australian companies enter the US market, including relocation support, setting up bank accounts, and coordinating with immigration lawyers.
* Investment property identification. Financial analysis on property investment in SF, residential/commercial
* Travel arrangements, visas (immigrant/nonimmigrant), expense reports
* Support to international clients, accommodation, business support, travel, entertainment
Feb 2007 – Current
• Life photography and filmmaking
• MeaganKae.com web site: site design, copy writing, visual content creation, editing, maintenance, analytics
• Company management; accounting, legal, social media marketing, networking
• Continual education in new technologies and industry changes especially the use of social media networking sites for expanding client marketing and sales.
• PC/MAC : Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro & X, Microsoft Office
• HTML, CSS, XML, SEO, SEM
• Video compression and broadcasting formats, region encoding, DVD authoring
• Nikon cameras/lenses, Sony Z5, VG20, Marantz digital audio recorder, Mixpre sound mixer, Gopro, Car mounts, Lighting, studio & portable
• Creation of marketing materials for film festival submissions.
•Writer of social commentary fiction, novelist and self-publisher
A DIY Funeral, Short Film - www.adiyfuneral.com
Writer, Producer, Director - A dark Australian dramedy about three brothers who carry out their mother's unusual wish for a do-it-yourself funeral.
• Interview w/ John Blackman 3AW, Monday 20th June 2011 re ‘A DIY Funeral’ short film.
• Article Waverley Leader, July 19th 2011, p39
• Official Selection New York Hell’s Kitchen Film Festival, Sept 2011
• Official Selection Tulsa International Film Festival, Sept 2011
• Silver Ace Award Las Vegas Film Festival, July 2011
Blind Courage: Kokoda, Documentary - www.blindcourage.net
Writer, Producer, DOP - Two blind men hike the Kokoda Track, PNG
• ABC News 7:30 NSW July 8th 2011, Blind Courage Expedition
• SBS Living Black, October 30th 2011, Man of Vision – Steve Widders
• Printed media, Radio and TV news highlights (complete list on web site)
• Documentary in Post production due for release Feb 2013
Target Velocity was an IT consultancy company, with a focus on Venture Capital investment for start up companies. The company typically provided Convertible Note/Series A investment, supporting assistance on the Board of Directors and comprehensive early stage business planning advice.
My role as Partner was as an Executive Officer, where I worked very closely with the CEO to make sure all the aspects of the operation of the business were looked after.
• Creating and reviewing financial projections on investment opportunities
• Overseeing the company accounts/working with the accountant to maximise taxation deductions, including budget forecasting, cash flow analysis, expenditure
• Working with service providers, reviewing legal contracts, terms of service agreements, privacy and Intellectual property rights contracts
• Review of client business plans, marketing strategies, online web presence strategy, SEO, SEM, networking opportunities and business development
• Attending and/or organising social networking functions with key internet companies and their CEO’s
• Attending/exhibiting - presenting at conferences
• Organising travel schedules, making travel arrangements
• General Sales calls office management and administration.
• Building and maintaining relationships with Australian government agencies including the Consul-General and Senior Trade Commissioner with Austrade
IMSI Software, is now IMSI Design, http://imsidesign.com/
In the late 90's early 00's it had over 50 consumer and entry level business software products, which ranged from architectural design through to clipart galleries.
My role at IMSI was to manage the design of the web site, which meant working with the key programmers and designers for each of the 7 software groups.
There was a lot of web content that needed to be written, revised and structured.
My main achievement at IMSI was the establishment and web site integration of online software downloads which resulted in a significant increase in IMSI's profit.
Once the web site was redesigned to a point where maintaining it required less staff, I focused purely on online sales and marketing. This was a direct report position to the CEO and side reporting to the other Chief Officers.
InfoWEB was one of Melbourne's first web publishing companies and certainly the first to specialise in Java backend database solutions.
A team of 8 full time and 3-4 casual/contractors. Some of our clients included Telstra, VicRail, The MET, VicTour and Resource Management Council and Sausage Software.
As CEO I assumed all the standard duties that are required of such a position.
The company was sold to a Telecom company and renamed mid 1997.
Additional professional activities
AusWEB 1997, Gold Coast QLD. Tutorial Presentation, Introduction to VRML
AusWEB 1996, Gold Coast QLD. Tutorial Presentation, Introduction to VRML
Rockefeller University, New York, USA July 1996. Web Site Consulting.
Internet World, August 1997, Sydney NSW. - Tutorial Presentation, Adding Multimedia to your web page.
Computer Aided Design and Drafting using a program called ArchiCAD on a Macintosh Computer. The main focus of the business was small commercial, high end domestic and redesign of nursing homes and aged care.
Creation of 3D animations and Quicktime VR presentations of jobs for clients.
Implemented a centralized filing system for our computer based drawings and a backup system. Provided computer technical support.
Trained Partner and other staff on word processing and spreadsheet programs.
A dark Australian dramedy about three brothers who carry out their mother's unusual wish for a do-it-yourself funeral.
Award winning 20 minute short film.
Two men with adult-onset eyesight impairment, who in June 2011 successfully completed the Blind Courage Kokoda trek, say that teamwork enabled them to make a journey which shows that failing eyesight doesn’t end dreams.
Coffs Harbour dairy farmer Jason Bake (41) and Armidale Aboriginal liaison officer Steve Widders (55) spent 10 days hiking the Kokoda Trail with a team of 13 Australians and a support crew of 20 PNG nationals.The Blind Courage: Kokoda team raised over $35,000 for Guide Dogs NSW/ACT to pay for the cost of training one guide dog.
Over 300 million professionals are already on LinkedIn. Find who you know.
CEO at Awake Media, Inc.
Founder of Wear2Where
Professional commercial software development professional - certified mobile developer (MDICD0X70F16)
Founder at ModaVive
Boutique Director at Christian Dior Couture
Owner, eckholt engineering
Heilpraktiker für Psychotherapie at www.davidbarnes.de