Senior Software Engineer at Meritain Health
- Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
- Computer Software
Bill Murphy's Overview
- Senior Software Engineer at Meritain Health
- Independent Software Developer at mDev Software Developers, Inc.
Bill Murphy's Summary
Highly experienced software developer with proven analytical skills who learns quickly and adapts new knowledge to practice.
Skilled in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC).
Languages and Frameworks:
• C#, C++ and VB.Net using .NET Framework and Compact Framework (CF).
• C++ using Embarcdero (née Borland) C++ Builder with Visual Class Library (VCL).
• Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
• SQL Server and T-SQL programming.
• Oracle and PL/SQL programming.
Embedded systems and hardware-software integration.
Bill Murphy's Experience
Senior Software Engineer
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Insurance industry
May 2013 – Present (1 year 5 months) Amherst, NY
Develop software using C#, the .NET Framework and T-SQL for a range of health care-related applications.
Independent Software Developer
mDev Software Developers, Inc.
April 2000 – Present (14 years 6 months)
• Enhanced several applications developed and supported by Erie County Central Police Services for regional law enforcement agencies. Their flagship product, CHARMS, is used for emergency call-taking and police, fire and EMS dispatch, records management, and a local warrant and missing persons database. They also support applications for mobile users, and access to the NYS Police Information Network (NYSPIN).
• Redesigned the server for a mobile law enforcement application to eliminate an activity-related backlog that could reach 45 minutes during peak hours. Transactions are now reliably completed within seconds under all loading conditions. The server provides services involving a complex mix of Oracle database operations and transactions with other servers. It was developed using Borland C++ Builder and the Direct Oracle Access component.
• Developed software in C# for the .NET Compact Framework running on Windows CE 6.0 to control the sequence of operations of a medical laboratory analyzer.
• Developed software in C for motor control and system testing for the digital electronics (based on the TI TMS320F2812) used in the Boeing 787 flight control actuation. I received a commendation from Boeing for this work.
• Developed protocol conversion software for a railway signaling communication processor. Software technologies used include Visual C++ 6, STL, COM, and MSXML.
• Designed and implemented a simulation of a fleet of radio-equipped trains, which creates a realistic stream of radio traffic used for system testing. Developed using C# and Windows Forms, with data binding to custom business objects.
• Applied Sciences Group
• Erie County Department of Central Police Services
• GE Transportation Systems – Advanced Communications Systems
• Interactive Automation, LLC
• Moog, Inc.
• Nova Biomedical
• TechRiver, LLC
Bill Murphy's Skills & Expertise
- Ruby on Rails
- Oracle PL/SQL Development
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Embedded Systems
- HTML 5
- Visual C++
- Borland C++ Builder
- XML Schema
- Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Design
- Embedded Software
- Visual Basic