Digital Marketing Executive at Land Securities
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Marketing and Advertising
Marcus Carlsson's Overview
- Digital Channels Manager at Sveriges Kommunikatörer
- Project Manager at Hebe Media
- Student Recruitment Manager / Digital Marketing Manager at Hyper Island
- Freelance PR Consultant at Item - Sweden
- Concept Development, Event Management, PR, Promotion at Tigerboys
- Project Manager at Leeds in Barcelona - Bloggers networking event
- Project Manager at Happy People - Northern Soul
- Project Manager at Happy People - Nothern Soul
- Sales Associate at MQ of Sweden
- Department Manager & Assistant Store Manager at JC Jeans & Clothes Retail Sweden
- IED Barcelona & IL-3 (University of Barcelona)
- IED Instituto Europeo di Design
Marcus Carlsson's Experience
Digital Marketing Executive
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; LAND; Real Estate industry
March 2013 – Present (1 year 7 months) Trinity Leeds
Omni-channel destination marketing for 'The UK's most digitally enabled shopping centre', Trinity Leeds (opened March 2013).
- Drive implementation of the digital strategy
- Manage digital road map with responsibility for trialling several new-to-the-business digital initiatives, before portfolio wide roll out.
- Manage 116.000 Facebook page (# reached in less than 15 months after opening).
- Manage 18.000 Twitter account (# reached in less than 15 months after opening)
- Manage relationship with 120 fashion retailers, restaurants, bars, cinema and Trinity Kitchen, a truly unique food court incorporating the best of UK's street food scene.
- Responsibility for growing, managing and engaging CRM database.
Public Company; 1-10 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
May 2011 – Present (3 years 5 months) Stockholm, Sweden
Founder of a creative communications agency.
Work with strategy, planning and conceptualisation.
- Planning and managing PR-events
- Creating brand profiles for artists and DJ's
- Planning social media tactics for fashion brands
Digital Channels Manager
Nonprofit; 1-10 employees; Public Relations and Communications industry
October 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 6 months) Sweden
Digital strategy and digital channels management. Creativity, production and project management for social media marketing. Responsible generally for Sveriges Kommunikatörer everywhere digital...
- Creating and implementing a digital strategy
- Managing, commissioning and creating engaging content
- Content management system experience
- Practical understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience of managing corporate Social media accounts
- Developing excellent editorial judgement
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Media Production industry
December 2010 – June 2011 (7 months)
Creating projects and brand experiences for companies in consumer goods and services.
- Creative idea generation-to-planning
- Business development
Student Recruitment Manager / Digital Marketing Manager
Partnership; 51-200 employees; Education Management industry
January 2011 – May 2011 (5 months) Manchester, United Kingdom
Planned and led the digital strategy during the recruitment campaign for Interactive Media Design & Management, a recently launched Hyper Island program in Manchester.
Also responsible for the first contact, and co-ordination with potential applicants until we completed the recruiting.
- Social PR Strategy
- Producing editorial content for catalog and digital
- Managing the recruitment process for students
Concept Development, Event Management, PR, Promotion
2006 – June 2010 (4 years)
- Managed PR, media relations and online promotional activities both for Luleå, Sweden, and Barcelona, Spain.
- Contracted nightclubs, hired Dj’s, door staff and managed promotion staff
To name a few of the artists we have worked with: Teki Latex, Top Billin, Cousin Cole, Pocket Knife, Promoe, Style of Eye, Movits, Adam Tensta, Maskinen and many many more...
Happy People - Northern Soul
July 2009 – September 2009 (3 months)
- Delivered a competitive collection price strategy on a tight deadline.
- Worked with the head designer and sales representatives in the preparations for trade-show and selling season.
- Researched competitors, benchmarked and positioned the brand while achieving a 3.0 - 2.8 sell-out margin.
Happy People - Nothern Soul
September 2008 – November 2008 (3 months)
- Planned, organized and launched an Online Shop.
- Researched and contacted designer and Programmer.
- Organised web hosting, and payment system, all on a tight deadline.
- Also, wrote copy-text and designed strategic incentives for the site as a whole.
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Apparel & Fashion industry
June 2004 – August 2005 (1 year 3 months)
- Managed my sales goals and budgets with weekly and monthly goals.
- Managed the buying process, in-season, and pre-season for all the external brands carried by the store.
Department Manager & Assistant Store Manager
JC Jeans & Clothes Retail Sweden
March 2003 – June 2004 (1 year 4 months)
- Managed the Denim Department, including staff, stock levels, buying, PR, events and training.
- Assisted the store manager with administrative tasks.
- Formed part of the product council for JC Norway and had the responsibility for pre-season buying.
- Doubled the sales figures for the denim department over 1 years time.
- Drastically lowered the % of stock left over for sales season, and created a highly effective organised stock control system.
Marcus Carlsson's Skills & Expertise
- Public Relations
- Project Management
- Design Thinking
- Creative Solutions
- Social Media
- Event Management
- Digital Media
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Creative Direction
- Online Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Media Relations
- Brand Management
- Google Analytics
Marcus Carlsson's Courses
- Social Media Management
Marcus Carlsson's Languages
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Swedish(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Spanish(Limited working proficiency)
Norwegian(Professional working proficiency)
Danish(Professional working proficiency)
Marcus Carlsson's Education
IED Barcelona & IL-3 (University of Barcelona)
Design Management RSP, Design Management
2010 – 2011
Selected as a scholarship student and as the Tutor of the program as a whole - Responsible coordinating the class, time managing, schedule planning and managing contacts with non-faculty lecturers/teachers
Activities and Societies: Entrepreneurship, Strategy & Innovation, Design Management, Project Management, Sustainable Design, Coolhunting, Design Process, Marketing, Finance, Career Part, Personal Branding, Strategic Planning, Human Factors, Brand Management, Sketching.
IED Instituto Europeo di Design
Bachelor, Marketing & Communication
2006 – 2009
Bachelors program in Fashion Marketing and Communication. Covering themes like: project management, design history, media strategies, brand management, brand strategies, finance, PR, business management, marketing, media relations, journalism, negotiation, art history, communication management, online marketing, Etc.
Activities and Societies: In addition to the courses completed, I like to think that the most important things picked up during these 3 years is self-discipline, punctuality, ability to work against a deadline, to work autonomously and also how to work in a team or task force. Thank you!
Business Management, SamhÃ¤lls Ekonomisk
1996 – 2000
Marcus Carlsson's Additional Information
Marcus Carlsson's Honors and Awards
Purple Apple - Best use of Digital MarketingBCSC Purple Apple Marketing Awards
- May 2014
The BCSC Purple Apple Marketing Awards are the only awards which recognise and reward effective shopping centre marketing within the UK shopping centre sector. These awards showcase new industry standards of innovation, delivery and performance, taking shopping centre marketing to the next level.
Contact Marcus for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch