Managing Director of Plataformatec
- São Paulo Area, Brazil
- Information Technology and Services
Marcelo Park's Overview
- Managing Director at Plataformatec
- Co-founder at Pagestacker
- Strategy Analyst for Internet Products at Editora Abril
- Operations Manager at Unimex
- Process Analyst at Unitrotec
- Adviser (university students association) at Poli Junior
- Universidade de São Paulo
- Saint Paul - Escola de Negócios
13 people have recommended Marcelo
Marcelo Park's Summary
IT Professional with 8+ years of experience in delivering mission critical projects to big multinational companies in US and LATAM. Able to transform business goals into successful software projects in order to make processes more efficient, increase sales and improve bottom line results.
Plataformatec delivers IT mission critical projects mainly to Fortune 1000 companies. Our methodologies are designed to deploy high-quality software within weeks. We do it through the wide usage of automated tests, pair-programming, team code-review and Lean principles. In the end, it means running software with Faster ROI and Lower Costs of maintenance.
*We are the only company in the world with 3 Ruby on Rails Core team members http://rubyonrails.org/core
*Checkout our Open Source projects at https://github.com/plataformatec/
Marcelo Park's Skills & Expertise
Marcelo Park's Education
Universidade de São Paulo
Engineering, Civil Engineering
2001 – 2005
Activities and Societies: Poli Junior (Junior Enterprise) and Rugby team
Saint Paul - Escola de Negócios
2012 – 2012
Financial planning and evaluation of projects (ROI, payback, break-even-point, budgeting)
Marcelo Park's Experience
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
January 2009 – Present (4 years 5 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
Responsible for ensuring high quality Services to Plataformatec clients, overseeing Projects Delivery, Customers Relationship and Human Resources to ensure healthy financial results without losing sight of the company culture.
Strategy Analyst for Internet Products
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Media Production industry
January 2008 – April 2008 (4 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
Abril is among the biggest Media Companies in South America
I developed custom reports and studies to Top-Managment (CEO and Directors) regarding our competidors strategies for Digital Products.
March 2006 – December 2007 (1 year 10 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
Small-sized company, result of a spin-off from Unitrotec (my former employer).
I was responsible for three deparments: IT, Customer Care and Repairing Shop. During those two years I lead the re-design of the processes workflows and the internal ERP.
Results: we reduced our repairing lead time by 40% and the new ERP also improved Customer Care satisfaction rates by 70%.
January 2005 – February 2006 (1 year 2 months) São Paulo
Mid-sized IT Hardware Dealer of brands like HP, Samsung, LG, Canon.
As a bridge between the IT dept. and Warehouse, my work involved reviewing and finding improvements in the warehouse full cycle: Goods Reception, Storage, Sales, Invoicing and Goods Delivery with our own fleet. I reported directly to CEO and the IT Manager.
Adviser (university students association)
Nonprofit; 51-200 employees; Research industry
January 2002 – December 2005 (4 years) São Paulo Area, Brazil
Junior Enterprise association.
Projects and achivements:
- Alumni Directory: my personal enterprise was managed to become a project and I had the chance to lead other 4 students to bring our Alumni Directory into a printed directory book and a celebration cocktail party with the presence of many former members of Poli Jr.
- Responsible in managing the biggest 'Internships and Trainee recruting fair' in Brazil: I was the student responsible to manage a US$250k+ budget and lead other 12 students to organize the event called "Workshop Integrativo" which hosted more than 4.000 visitors in two days. Our team was able to sell kiosks to 28 big multinational companies.
Marcelo Park's Languages
English(Full professional proficiency)
Portuguese(Full professional proficiency)
Contact Marcelo for:
View Marcelo Park’s full profile to...
- See who you and Marcelo Park know in common
- Get introduced to Marcelo Park
- Contact Marcelo Park directly