Director of User Experience
- Greater Boston Area
Marc Ardizzone's Overview
- Director of User Experience at Publishing Technology
Marc Ardizzone's Summary
I am a passionate and ambitious User Experience (UX) practitioner who for more than 13 years has been working to help organizations discover, design and develop compelling, effective and user-centric web-based solutions in a wide range of industries including digital publishing, retail/e-commerce, IT, B-to-B, non-profit and healthcare. I have worked on 'marketing' sites, large-scale complex/content-driven sites, and feature-rich/data-driven web applications that were both consumer-facing and for internal business stakeholders.
As a 'generalist' my competencies are broad and include discovery, architecture-creation (IA), wireframing & documentation, user-testing, interaction design, responsive HTML prototyping, UI/graphic design and QA. I am a huge advocate of 'mobile-first' design processes, responsive design, Lean UX methodologies, and keeping the user embedded in and central to the design process.
Marc Ardizzone's Experience
Director of User Experience
Public Company; 51-200 employees; PTO; Publishing industry
September 2012 – Present (2 years 1 month) Greater Boston Area
• Gather and analyze business, data, design, and technical requirements. Formulate actionable UX efforts to ensure an optimal user experience across multiple channels and contexts.
• Design and/or enhance the software's information architecture and interaction models; provide detailed visualizations in the form of wireframes, sitemaps, styleguides, interactive prototypes and other technical documentation.
• Conduct and analyze user feedback on an ongoing basis; make recommendations to enhance the user experience and oversee the implementation these enhancements. Conduct usability studies to test websites and web applications against best practice UX criteria.
• Gather and analyze business intelligence and analytics with regards to usability; make UX recommendations based upon these analyses.
• Oversee graphic designers and developers throughout the graphic design and development process to ensure the quality of the implementation.
• Lead and support research, UX and design efforts to make desktop-geared web applications responsive and compatible across screen sizes, form factors and devices.
• Create interactive artifacts for industry events, client presentations, and any stakeholder sharing sessions.
Information Architect (Contractor)
Nonprofit; 1001-5000 employees; Insurance industry
March 2012 – August 2012 (6 months) quincy, ma
Supported the Interactive Team and Lead IA in architecting new functionality and enhancements for both new and existent online applications. Requirements-gathering and prototyping for several new internal and client-facing web-based apps including a Key Performance Indicators (KPI) application for the marketing department and a Dental Plan Comparison tool for the sales force and buyers of these plans.
User Experience Designer / Information Architect (Freelancer)
Ardizzone Design UI/UX/IA
January 2012 – March 2012 (3 months) providence, rhode island area
Freelancing as an IA and UX Designer, I helped businesses discover/uncover their web-related needs by way of interviews, surveys, task analysis, web analytics, etc. I documented the resulting requirements by way of reports, userflows, wireframes, storyboards and high-fidelity prototypes. I then translated these requirements into beautiful, highly-usable designed interfaces.
Managed projects from beginning to end, from HTML/CSS coding to CMS integration, content development to launch.
Principal UX / UI Designer
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
March 2001 – January 2012 (10 years 11 months) pawtucket, ri
For 11 years Lead UX & design efforts at this digital consulting agency, working primarily with non-profits and large community foundations - efforts included: project management, requirements-gathering, wireframing, UI design. Built small to large websites for a single CMS (DNN); customized and integrated task-based modules to fit business and branding requirements of the given projects.
Marc Ardizzone's Skills & Expertise
- Web Design
- Web Application Design
- Web Usability
- Information Architecture
- User Interface Design
- Requirements Gathering
- HTML + CSS
- Mobile Design
- Web Project Management
- Adobe Fireworks
- Site Maps
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Usability Testing
- Technical Documentation
- User-centered Design
- Interaction Design
- User Research
- Information Design
- Wire Framing
- Paper Prototyping
- User Experience Design
- User Scenarios
- HTML 5
- User Experience
- Responsive Web Design
- Responsive UX
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Analytics
- Graphic Design
- Web Development
- Usability Engineering
- User Interface
- Web Applications
- Contextual Inquiry
- Task Analysis
- Content Strategy
- Lean UX
Marc Ardizzone's Education
Marc Ardizzone's Additional Information
All Things Web Dev, Writing & Lit, Classic Scooters (Vespa, Lambretta, etc.)
- Groups and Associations:
Member, Information Architects Institute Member, Boston UX
Contact Marc for:
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch