CEO and Founder of TechChef4u
|Recommendations||8 people have recommended Lisa|
Join LinkedIn & access Lisa's full profile
I completed a Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Technology from Our Lady of the Lake University in December 2008. I have taught 7th Math and Pre-Algebra for the past four years and have certifications in elementary education, middle school mathematics, and all-level English/Language Arts.
I am eager to integrate technology and literacy into the everyday middle school curriculum while motivating students with unique real-world lessons and tailored activities.
I am dedicated to being the model of life-long learning for my students and staff.
I am currently living my dream of designing curriculum for an educational corporation.
Specialties:Experienced Computer Educator: I have years of experience in curriculum design and the use of peripheral educational devices (e.g. tablet PC, Activboard, Activote, scanner, LCD projector, digital microscope, digital camera and camcorder, programmable robots) and educational software.
I have designed and presented technology training at district, regional, and state conventions and conferences.
An Overview of What I Do:
1. Create, implement, & support technology infused lessons, courses, projects, programs, and curriculum for a wide range of learners
2. Plan, Co-teach, and Model teach instruction w/ tech. based tools
3. Collaborate & Communicate technology best practices, 21st century skills, and digital citizenship/literacy
4. Model and support lifelong learning
Specialize in creating and conducting customized professional development, webinars, and workshops for districts and education entities. Some of the offerings include: iPad Management/Implementation, iPad Classroom Integration, HOT Apps 4 HOTS, iProductivity in the iClassroom, the 1 iPad Classroom, iPrep 4 Kinder, Appy Hours, and Building iPad Lessons (iLesson Toolkit).
My job entails: Creating curriculum for Computer Explorers that melds state content-area standards with technology objectives and meets the educational needs of elementary students nationwide.
My job entails:
1. Providing support for the use of technology in TEKS-based instruction through collaboration with curriculum teachers, specialists, and coordinators
2. Modeling or Co-teaching a lesson with technology in classrooms and labs (or offering support as teachers lead a technology lesson with their students)
3. Helping develop technology lessons and thematic units and assisting with instructional technology needs
4. Attending campus technology committee meetings and providing leadership in the areas of infrastructure, application, and integration
5. Providing support for North East Technology Application Standards at the elementary, middle, and high schools
6. Collaborating with campus leaders in the development of the technology component of the Campus Improvement Plan
7. Providing & developing staff development for technology integration (of new & existing equipment and software) at the North East Education Center and on campuses based on District and campus needs
8. Coordinating support of district-wide instructional programs with curriculum coordinators and specialists
9. Serving as a liaison between campus and Central Office personnel for instructional technology planning & purchasing
My job entails: Managing inventory, schedules, and curriculum rotation, preparing and facilitating all staff meetings, managing all current clients, designing technology integration plans for each site, conducting observations, overseeing teachers, preparing all curriculum and materials, and managing the marketing plan and all registrations.
My job entails: Planning and instructing each lesson using wide variety of teaching aids and implementation strategies that will allow a diverse population of students to construct meaning, think critically, and become active participants in their learning and assessment as well as incorporating learning modality principles into classroom and individual instruction.
- "Student Created Books on the iPad". This was a collaborative effort between myself and Yolanda Barker (my former colleague for NEISD).
It is intended to support teachers through the process of exploring book creation apps (not necessarily iBooks Author) and utilizing them to create a curricular project with your students. It also includes a book matrix.
Connecting Food Manufacturers with Technical Professionals
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Regional Operations Manager at Bank of Texas
Houston, Texas Area
Assistant to the Executive Chairman's Office at Clarenco LLP
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
President and CEO at 13 Innovation Way
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Area
President at Bossier Chamber of Commerce
Shreveport, Louisiana Area
at Free Technology for Teachers
Innovation Consultant/ Administrator/ Doctoral Student
Elementary Technologist at Fayette County Schools
Teacher, Blogger - Cool Cat Teacher Blog, Edtech & Education Author, Global Collaborator, Internet Talk Show Host
Educator, ADE , EdTech Blogger, Consultant
Founder & CEO at HookerTech, LLC
Founder/CEO of eduClipper
Division Principal of Innovative Teaching and Learning, Speaker, Consultant